Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree54Likes

Thread: Big mistake?

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me

Big mistake?

Hey guys im new here......

About to get my vape on once my package gets to me from USA......

Well I found out about e-cigs while on my honey moon 3 weeks ago...

Actually the last time i smoked an analog is three weeks ago on my wedding day!

On my honey moon in Hawaii, I was dying for a smoke and since my wife hates smoking, i was trying my hardest not to touch any tobacco...
    Long story short, I gave in, told her im going to the corner store to buy some smokes... and off O went. Got there, figured its my honey moon, so I got some bad ass cigars instead. Went back to our room only to see a sign on the balcony "No smoking- $500 fee applies"

I was pretty distraught about that. Same night I saw an add on tv for "BLU cigs" knock them all you guys will but it actually tasted really well, best thing was I was smoking it in my hotel room, wife by my side, with not one complaint, about breath, smell or smoke- I was loving it!!

On the way back home to Sydney- I got three more disposables- to tide me over a while... I figured i was going to want to continue smoking e cigs and not analogs, and i didn't want to go back to analogs, so i panic purchased a v2 ultimate kit from the states, so I would never go back to analogs.....- THE MISTAKE!

As after I made the purchase I found this forum and the great community inside it. I know V2 has ripped me off side ways... But a small price to pay to quit the tobacco. This is really the longest time in 5 years i have not smoked, thanks to the e-cigs, that i hope are going to last till my package arrives.

I question to you guys is where should I start once I want to get my own set up, when I out grow the V2's? Pointing me to some helpful threads or sharing your post V2 - cig alikes set ups would be great.

Thanks heaps

Freddy.
    margyb, tally-ho and TheDishD like this.

AVF Regular
    Hey da_doc86, congratz on getting away from the stinkies. Noe has written up a great intro guide which can be found a couple of posts down in this thread.
    There is no "one path" with this vaping thing, so I wouldn't worry too much about THE MISTAKE, just another step along the way.
    Noe, margyb, TheDishD and 2 others like this.

AVF Regular
    Oh, and I guess congratz are in order for the marriage also, that seems sorta important
    margyb, KamaKaZzie and Samtron like this.

AVF Regular
    if you want to stick to cigarette sized things, I would suggest this
    Joye 510-T Starter Kit
    or a couple of these Joye 510-T 280mAh Manual Battery with some of these VK Comet XL Clearomizer or these Boge Cartomizers

AVF Regular
    Forget the ciggy look go for a wooden e-pipe if you want traditional looks.
    Jeff

Well done Freddy and congrats on the wedding.

I say use whatever works for you. The fact that the shitty cigalikes stopped you from smoking says it all really. Sure, there is cheaper, and better, but the main thing is not smoking.

If I were you I would keep with what you have until you have to upgrade or buy more stuff for them. No use wasting anything. Then have a look at Noe's starter guide, and you will be well on your way. Or take a look at the 510 kits, they are basically what you have now but a lot cheaper. I personally would recommend getting some ego batteries and some clearo tanks myself, but everyone is different. The beauty is you can buy a set of one to try, which includes a battery, clearo and charger for under $20, to see if you like it before committing to a larger setup.

Good luck.
    mrsgruffy, Malikada and TheDishD like this.

Thanks all you guys for the reply's..

I cant believe I didnt do more research before the purchase... I would have definitely have gotten a 510-T.... I was honestly desperate not to get back to smoking and went with an impulse buy... But like one of you said... At least they have stopped me smoking - even if it is poorer quality and a bit more expensive...

Think ill go the 510 once my carts run out... how far in advance do you guys think i should plan, so im not left waiting for the postman in an anxious state?

thanks for the wedding congrats to guys.... wife is a lot happier to ive quit smoking.... 3 weeks and counting....
    Thanks Vapor!!!!!
    margyb and mrsgruffy like this.

AVF Regular
    the thing that is the hardest to get is the nicotine. you can't get it here in oz and have to order overseas for it, and it can take a few weeks to get here. you can either get premixed juices at pretty much any strength you want in all sorts of different flavours, or buy unflavoured nic juice and mix it with doublers (double strength flavour made to mix 50/50 with unflavoured juice), which you can source locally. depending on where you live really depend who you order from. over here in wa, things can take ages to come. but I've found vapeking pretty much has everything you could ask for, except the nic.

CCC
    Order juice from os asap or unflavoured nic if you will be mixing. Hardware can be bought locally and quickly.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast