Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: Dumb Newbie Mistakes

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me

Dumb Newbie Mistakes

I'm putting it out there - I'm a newbie and still learning the ropes.

My quest started late last year, and just to recap, I recently posted this:-

Some Help Please - I'm Struggling.

So I purchased some VK Comet 510 XL Clearomizers and received them today at work. I couldn't wait to get home and hook them up to my Ego-C with my new SS drip tip. Well, even after reading the "how to fill" thread, I had an epic fail. First of all, I had to fill a syringe, with attached needle, with juice as this is what you need to do to fill this clearomizer. Well, with the needle attached to the syringe, it wouldn't fit in my juice bottle, so I lost the needle into the bottle trying to extract it. No worries, because there are 2 needles supplied in the 5 pack of Clearomizers. Then I finally figured out that you need to fill the syringe with the juice before putting the needle on.

Trying to fill the clearomizer and following the instructions on the little leaflet supplied, I stuck the needle down the centre of it, and the juice pissed out everywhere. Not supposed to be that hard, I'm sure. So off to YouTube to get instructions:-

How to fill a CE3 Clearomiser - YouTube

There is a teeny tiny little hole in the plastic bit to shove the needle into, ha! Finally, all filled and vaping away.

Anyway, it's all a learning experience, and so far, the new clearomizers feel considerably better than the stock standard that came with my Ego-C starter kit. Hopefully my new VG juice isn't too far away and I find what I need to satisfy my cravings.

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    LMAO, yeah filling down the air tube will result in what you found

I find the easiest way to fill a syringe is to take the needle tip off, take the plunger section out of the syringe, then put a finger over the nozzle on the syringe, then squirt juice into it from your bottle.
    Next you want to put the plunger back in, so it is just barely in the syringe, then up end the syringe & take your finger off the nozzle, you will lose a drop or two of juice, just be sure to have a tissue handy to wipe that up.
    Then you just need to carefully slide the plunger in until the air is all out of the syringe & hey presto full syringe.

Another trick that is worth using on syringes is to get some clear sticky tape & tape around the barrel where the graduations are, so that they don't wipe off, which they will do with very little use. Syringes can easily last you 12months & still be used for measuring if you do this.
    Cath Mort, robd, TRILLA and 4 others like this.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

Noe's suggestion is spot-on. I loved those Comets when I first started, the vapour production on them is ridiculous for the size and that's how I filled mine.
    robd likes this.

AVF Regular
    I never used the kit you're using mate but trail and error is how we all start, and that's where you score a win, you started, now as you progress you will find it gets easier, good work mon,
    robd likes this.
    Vaporista
    Noob for life

Last Analog

12-12-12 at Midnight

"If it was easy, all the cool kids would be doing it",

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by robd View Post
    I'm putting it out there - I'm a newbie and still learning the ropes.

My quest started late last year, and just to recap, I recently posted this:-

Some Help Please - I'm Struggling.

So I purchased some VK Comet 510 XL Clearomizers and received them today at work. I couldn't wait to get home and hook them up to my Ego-C with my new SS drip tip. Well, even after reading the "how to fill" thread, I had an epic fail. First of all, I had to fill a syringe, with attached needle, with juice as this is what you need to do to fill this clearomizer. Well, with the needle attached to the syringe, it wouldn't fit in my juice bottle, so I lost the needle into the bottle trying to extract it. No worries, because there are 2 needles supplied in the 5 pack of Clearomizers. Then I finally figured out that you need to fill the syringe with the juice before putting the needle on.

Trying to fill the clearomizer and following the instructions on the little leaflet supplied, I stuck the needle down the centre of it, and the juice pissed out everywhere. Not supposed to be that hard, I'm sure. So off to YouTube to get instructions:-

How to fill a CE3 Clearomiser - YouTube

There is a teeny tiny little hole in the plastic bit to shove the needle into, ha! Finally, all filled and vaping away.

Anyway, it's all a learning experience, and so far, the new clearomizers feel considerably better than the stock standard that came with my Ego-C starter kit. Hopefully my new VG juice isn't too far away and I find what I need to satisfy my cravings.

Ah yeah - been there done that, worn the juice! I have terrible terrible eyesight so there was no way I could see that eensy weensy little hole!
    robd likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by LizBiz25 View Post
    Ah yeah - been there done that, worn the juice! I have terrible terrible eyesight so there was no way I could see that eensy weensy little hole!
    Yeah, I had to dig out my glasses (which I never wear) to see the the little bugger!

Quote Originally Posted by Noe View Post
    LMAO, yeah filling down the air tube will result in what you found

I find the easiest way to fill a syringe is to take the needle tip off, take the plunger section out of the syringe, then put a finger over the nozzle on the syringe, then squirt juice into it from your bottle.
    Next you want to put the plunger back in, so it is just barely in the syringe, then up end the syringe & take your finger off the nozzle, you will lose a drop or two of juice, just be sure to have a tissue handy to wipe that up.

Then you just need to carefully slide the plunger in until the air is all out of the syringe & hey presto full syringe.

Another trick that is worth using on syringes is to get some clear sticky tape & tape around the barrel where the graduations are, so that they don't wipe off, which they will do with very little use. Syringes can easily last you 12months & still be used for measuring if you do this.
    Great idea with the tape around the syringe. Thanks.
    margyb likes this.

AVF Regular
    Needle dropped in the bottle - check
    juice down the hole - check

Next trick was unscrewing wrong part of a t3 and dumping juice in my lap....
    Samtron likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by lheamfrg View Post
    Needle dropped in the bottle - check
    juice down the hole - check

Next trick was unscrewing wrong part of a t3 and dumping juice in my lap....
    Ha ha.

It's on my list at some point, I'm sure

AVF Regular
    I remember trying to fill one of them up after a few drinks, forgot to do it upside down and got juiced.

RE taping the syringe, do it now before you forget. I remember Noe telling me that trick in my early days, i left it a little too late and now i'm struggling to read the measurements.
    Noe likes this.

$3642 Spent on Vaping

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast