Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: 1 Year Vaporversary

1 Year Vaporversary

Today is my one-year Vapourversary. I haven't been very active on the forums for the last few months, but wanted to take stock and celebrate a year off the fags and thank this forum for getting me started.

I have to thank Larry Backsplash, Stoney, Giruvian, Eldubya for all their help in the early days, especially Larry and Giruvian for passing on all their unwanted devices. I also have to thank the guy at the Sydney departure lounge who I saw Vaping and ordered my first gear on my iPad there and then.

I have not had an analogue since the day I received my very first EGO-T and some awful juices from HealthCabin. I have bought and resold many devices since then, especially in the beginning. Apart from participating in the odd Co-op I am pretty settled with my current equipment. My staples include an Orion 2.1, Provari mini with Penelope, Precise 18650 with Penelope, Smok Sidewinder with Mini DiD, SiD with G-Bell and an MVP with a Carto Tank for desperate times.

Thinking back over the last year I realise that finding the right juice is more important than the right device. Spending time understanding ohms and how to build good coils and immersing myself in Vaping initially was important psychologically to break my addiction. I did a few reviews on you Tube, one of which has had over 3000 hits, which is pretty cool.

My mainstay juices are Deadly Sin, Black Angel and Neuminster 32 all from Good Life Vapor, as well as gorilla juice whenever I can get it. I'm now use 6 mg after cutting down from 24 mg with each reduction taking a couple of weeks to get used to.

Probably the biggest highlight was meeting, and chatting to the various characters on Google + from all over the world, and being interviewed for The Age and Sydney Morning Herald. The biggest lowlight continues to be the political situation and where it will end up.

So if any newbies read this and think that they can’t do it, I'm living proof of the benefits of Vaping. I don't cough any more, I don't get breathless any more, and my wife says I am no longer a grey colour, but best of all I no longer smell like an ashtray.

Damian.
    Noe, giruvian, Adam and 21 others like this.

CMB
    AVF Regular
    Woohoo well done mate
    vapourize likes this.

AVF Regular
    I liked reading this Vapourize, we're into our 9th month and hope to write one of these as well. Your story gives me hope and joy for being able to NOT SMOKE, i hope it gives others starting out the same hope.
    vapourize and tally-ho like this.

Well done and congrats and in 9 months I hope to say the same, even about your hardware it's costing me a fortune at the moment
    vapourize likes this.

AVF Regular
    congrats you your first vaporversary. may you have many more
    vapourize likes this.

Super Moderator
    That is so brilliant to hear it's been a while since i've been on a hangout too. They were great fun well done on one year Damo - i reckon you can guarantee you'll never go back now. Make sure you pop in every now and then on the forum - it's great to see you.
    vapourize likes this.
    Ingrid

Quote Originally Posted by rockmoose View Post
    Is Ingrid the only one who thinks my penis looks slightly vaginal?

Banned (Never to return)
    awesome work mate !!
    vapourize likes this.

AussieVapers approved Vendor
    Well done! Happy Vaporversary!!
    vapourize likes this.

Super Moderator
    That's brilliant Damo, congrats mate. I made it to just over a year then hit the ciggies again. Been vaping this time around for 4 days and hope to keep it up this time. Congrats again buddy

Great stuff vapourize!
    vapourize likes this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast