Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Nicotine Chart Comparison?

Nicotine Chart Comparison?

Hi all,

This might be a dumb question or laziness on my behalf for lack of research... so forgive me for posting... Hehehehe...

Is there a chart where we can find the Nicotine Level of a certain cigarette so that we can decide what nic level of
    e-juice is comparable to it? It will be very helpful for someone new...

Take me for example, I've been smoking for 20 years and here is my timeline:

Marlboro Menthol > Lucky Strike > Winston > Davidoff > West > Marlboro Reds > Marlboro Lights Gold and lastly Winfield Blue.

Been using Winfield Blue for about 6 years and according to Wiki it has 12mg <--- really have no idea if it's TAR or NIC

Started with 6mg nic and I was a steam engine and needed to light up a cigarette just to satisfy the craving.

Bought an ejuice with 12mg nic, no more analogs but still I'm chain vaping.... Still waiting for my 18mg nic ejuice this week...

I know that nic delivery of vaping is slower compared to smoking....

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajang View Post

Been using Winfield Blue for about 6 years and according to Wiki it has 12mg <--- really have no idea if it's TAR or NIC
    I'm pretty sure it's tar, and from what I understand all cigarettes deliver about the same amount of nicotine whatever their tar level. I think the amount a cigarette delivers is 1mg, but it is taken up by the body far more quickly in smoke than in vapour.

Also, it's been my experience that the amount of nic you require to feel satisfied bears no relationship to what or how much you smoked. I smoked 30 a day of rollies and the friend who put me onto vaping smoked about 15 of the lightest cigarettes. After a year she is still on 18mg and started on 24mg.

I had my first try on her vaporiser at 18mg and it nearly blew my head off. It took me a bit of effort to be able to vape 18mg comfortably but I dropped down to 12mg in the first couple of weeks, it was just too high for me.

I think a persons tolerance for nicotine is individual, so it really just a matter of tweaking it a bit at the start till you find the level that satisfies without causing adverse side effects like an uncomfortably harsh throat hit and headaches or other symptoms of nic overdose.

I'd say 18-24mg is a good starting place for a new vaper. See how that feels and then wiggle it till it's right.
    Last edited by JenJ; 05-08-13 at 04:15 PM.
    luntingsir and Ajang like this.

AVF Regular
    Hey Ajang, I just found a pretty handy thread on another forum that goes through this in a bit of detail. guide-e-liquid-liquid-strengths-mg-usage

The bit that seems most relevant to you question is here, keep in mind this is US info, not sure if that makes any difference.
    E-Juice Handling Care.
    E-juice contains nicotine, whch is in fact quite poisonous in anything other than tiny amounts, so take care not to get it on your skin. If that does happen, rinse off straight away.
    The mg stated on analogs is what is typically absorbed.
    The mg stated on juice is what is in the liquid. Only about 1/3 of that is absorbed, possibly a fair bit lower (some tests have said as low as 10%; but the maximum is probably 40%). Let's say 30%*.
    A box of 20 cigs gives aboout 20mg nicotine (20 x 1mg).
    2ml of 36mg liquid will give about 2 x 36 x 0.33 = about the same : 20mg absorbed.
    So 1 box of cigs is roughly equivalent to 2ml of 36mg juice or 3ml of 24mg juice.
    510-t tanks can hold about 0.8ml (at most); so 2ml is about 4-5 carts.
    (Note that some other carts are bigger).
    So if you have just vaped 2ml of 36mg liquid and calculated that as equivalent to 60 cigaretes - don't panic, it is not; it is about 20, perhaps less, in real terms.
    * Only about 45% of the nicotine in e-liquid gets into the vapor. Allow for some further losses, exhalation and non-absorption and 30% is a reasonable estimate.
    Depending on the juice that I am vaping I find that 12-18mg works best for me (I am also a freshie at this vaping game and crave nic)
    margyb and Ajang like this.

AVF Regular
    from what I understand, the average amount of nicotine absorbed from any cigarette is around 1mg. so for me, I was smoking 30-35 durries, getting around 30-35mg of nic a day. I vape 5-6ml of 10mg/ml each day. that gives 50-60mg of nic total, but I only actually absorb around a third of that, so i'm currently getting approximately 13-20mg of nic per day.

AVF Regular
    I smoked Rollies all my life and started vaping at 18mg,like jenj it nearly blew my head off but that's the same with all the smokers that have had a go with my stuff,but after the first few vapes that seems to settle and 18mg in carto's was enough to stop the cig cravings,I find in rba's I can go down to 9mg and seem to get the same fix,IMO it is not just the strength of nic but also the effectiveness of the device you are using to deliver it.cheers
    JenJ likes this.

AVF Regular
    I dont think you'll find a reliable chart or formula that's going to tell smokers what %nic they should be vaping. Too many variables.

$3642 Spent on Vaping

I'm just want new vapers to have a starting point not like my disastrous 2 weeks... I started with 6 mg, now 12 and I'm waiting for my 18 mg this week...
    Probably I've got it wrong the first time. Should have started higher then going down not the other way around. Hehehe...

Quote Originally Posted by Malikada View Post
    Hey Ajang, I just found a pretty handy thread on another forum that goes through this in a bit of detail. guide-e-liquid-liquid-strengths-mg-usage

The bit that seems most relevant to you question is here, keep in mind this is US info, not sure if that makes any difference.

Depending on the juice that I am vaping I find that 12-18mg works best for me (I am also a freshie at this vaping game and crave nic)

I've also read about it that's why I'm ordering the 18 mg now. If it's a bit strong for me, I will just dilute it with the 12 mg that I have... I'm just
    hoping that 18 mg is enough.... or else it's going to be 24!!!

AVF Regular
    I get 100mg/ml unflavoured nic to mix with my doublers. I vape at 10mg/ml, so when I mix, I just use 10% of my unflavoured nic, 50% of the doubler and 40% vg to make it up to 100%.

(well, I actually use more vg than 40% cos I vape my juices really weak flavoured, but you get the idea)

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Malikada View Post

Thanks por posting that link Malikada- interesting reading
    Malikada likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast