Like Tree7Likes
  • 4 Post By Samtron
  • 1 Post By Samtron
  • 1 Post By Noe
  • 1 Post By Caffeind

Thread: A sticky with e-cig terms, acronyms and other info for newbies.

A sticky with e-cig terms, acronyms and other info for newbies.

I think the forums really need a sticky with information about e-cigs for newbs, like myself.

Samtrons Suggestions:
    The Device Info and ecig terms Thread
    Crash Course for New Vapers
    A Guide to Vaping - By AVF

I tried searching and navigating through the forums for information but there are so many forums and none seem to actually cover the basics of e-cigs and tend to be more directed at people who already know the terms for all the components available to make up an e-cig.

For example, I have no idea what the difference between a cartomizer and a clearomizer is. I get the impression that clearomizers are for starting out, and cartomizers are for the more professional. But again, this is only what I have picked up from reading between the lines and may be wrong.

So, a sticky covering the battery types, connection types, what connections are used wherem cartomizers, clearomizers, tanks?

Without this information easily accessable I had to just wing it when buying my eGo-T and iTaste vv V3. I'm just lucky I flooked it.

Perhaps discuss the differences between liquids too. The first e-liquid I got was a lot more viscous than the e-juice I am currently using.

As a new user I must admit I found these forums quite intimidating while using them to try and find information.

Cheers,
    Caff.
    Last edited by Caffeind; 06-08-13 at 01:24 PM.

AVF Regular
    i think you'll find everything you're looking for:

The Device Info and ecig terms Thread

Crash Course for New Vapers

A Guide to Vaping - By AVF

and Can't find an important thread? Look here first!!

it's a lot of reading but if you start there you are bound to be half of an expert by the time you're done. in the mean time ask questions. the community will be happy to answer, even if it's been answered before. it's what they do. they are great.
    Noe, Old Dog, Malikada and 1 others like this.

I don't need squat for ages, i just went shopping.
    $1800.61 Spent on Vaping so far, stocked up for 2 years @ 8ml/per day.

I'm not really sure which section I should post questions in though.

AVF Regular
    questions are always good in the new vapers section...especially if you're new to vaping and it's about the beginning of your journey.

later on you can move to the other sections and expect great support there also.

i've found most of the ground i wanted covered already covered somewhere....it's just this place is so comprehensive that it can be hard to find.

start with some hardcore reading in the stickies section...you'll probably find some answers, and more questions there...then start with threads in the new vapers section by virtue of you being a new vaper. there will always be someone to help.

lol

even when you play devils advocate.
    Old Dog likes this.

I don't need squat for ages, i just went shopping.
    $1800.61 Spent on Vaping so far, stocked up for 2 years @ 8ml/per day.

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Caffeind View Post
    I think the forums really need a sticky with information about e-cigs for newbs, like myself.
    As Samtron pointed out, there is a sticky covering what you are asking for: A Guide to Vaping - By AVF

Also there is the Welcome thread, stickied also here:NEW MEMBERS: Introduce yourself here!!!

In which you can find my posts, pointing to this post by me to help new vapers get started: NEW MEMBERS: Introduce yourself here!!!
    I regularly repost that link in the Welcome thread & in other threads in the new vapers section, when questions are asked, so that other new vapers can read some threads & see the post themselves.
    The gear I recommend in that post is cheap, reliable & available all from one vendor, including nic juice, to cut down on shipping costs from multiple vendors.

I tried searching and navigating through the forums for information but there are so many forums and none seem to actually cover the basics of e-cigs and tend to be more directed at people who already know the terms for all the components available to make up an e-cig.
    Perhaps, since you are a new vaper, the New Vapers section of the forum is where you should be looking & then you could look up top to where the stickies are to find the info you need.

For example, I have no idea what the difference between a cartomizer and a clearomizer is. I get the impression that clearomizers are for starting out, and cartomizers are for the more professional. But again, this is only what I have picked up from reading between the lines and may be wrong.
    A clearo is just a carto with a clear body, usually made of plastic, while a carto has a metal body normally.

Perhaps discuss the differences between liquids too. The first e-liquid I got was a lot more viscous than the e-juice I am currently using.

As a new user I must admit I found these forums quite intimidating while using them to try and find information.

Cheers,
    Caff.
    Liquids are mostly personal preference & there is a lot of choice out there, any post regarding juice is going to be subjective because of this.
    Caffeind likes this.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

I actually found the links, didn't realise that the first 20 threads were in fact stickies

Still getting used to a forum that has 54 forums alone on the front page.

Quote Originally Posted by Samtron View Post
    questions are always good in the new vapers section...especially if you're new to vaping and it's about the beginning of your journey.

later on you can move to the other sections and expect great support there also.

i've found most of the ground i wanted covered already covered somewhere....it's just this place is so comprehensive that it can be hard to find.

start with some hardcore reading in the stickies section...you'll probably find some answers, and more questions there...then start with threads in the new vapers section by virtue of you being a new vaper. there will always be someone to help.

lol

even when you play devils advocate.
    Thanks Samtron, I thought the new vapers section was just for introductions. I'll direct my queries there from now on (until I become a little more learned on the subject).

Cheers,
    Caff
    Samtron likes this.