Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree62Likes

Thread: Does nic > nic % = > TH?

Does nic > nic % = > TH?

Hi guys,

Can I just confirm that nic levels effect TH?

I thought TH was dependant on VG/PG ratio (one giving the vape, other giving the TH) and that 0-24% nico would make no difference on the taste.

If this is not the case then weaning myself off the nic isn't going to go as planned...

Cheers,
    Caff.

Yes, nic levels definitely affect TH and are generally the highest contributor to the TH experience. PG may enhance throat hit slightly. There's something called Flash which gives a non nic TH; never tried it. Menthol can give a little TH. Some of my steeped HoL juices have more TH for the same nic levels; eg Guevara hits a little stronger than Virginia.
    gtadmin and Caffeind like this.

AVF Regular
    IMO there's a bunch of things that affect TH,
    Nic %
    Airflow, the less direct the airflow over the coil, in a wick and coil system, the greater the TH
    Juice delivery device
    Ingredients, there's some ingredients that increase or change TH
    PG/VG relationship

So, there's many aspects to TH. For my preference I'm not that interested in TH, since I vape like a Clinton mostly.
    Noe and Caffeind like this.

AVF Regular
    Yep, the throat hit definitely comes from the amount of nicotine in the juice. Try vaping 0nic for a while and you will see the difference...it's sort of like vaping fresh air.

VG softens or mutes the throat hit and flavour a bit though, so a higher PG ratio will give a better throat hit, and a stronger flavour. VG makes more vapour though, so having a good balance of both makes for good vapour, good throat hit and good flavour. People have their own preference for what that ratio is.
    Caffeind likes this.

From my limited experience if you drop your nic you need to increase your PG.
    I think it was explained to me that the PG is the flavour carrier and helps the TH where as the VG provides vapour and sweetness but can mute the TH.

If anyone want to jump in and correct me feel free.
    Caffeind likes this.

Thanks guys,

The thing for me is the throat hit, I'm sure, is tricking my brain into thinking I'm smoking a cigarette. Initially I was under the impression that TH was PG was the main contributor and as such had planned on reducing my nic% while keeping the same TH.

What a bugger hey.

Nic is definitely the biggest contributor to throat hit, the reason is that nicotine molecules being heavier than pg or vg don't make it past the bend in your throat as easily, this us why you get the throat hit.
    Caffeind likes this.

I must type slow as there were no post when I was typing and now there are a few.
    Noe, bethydy and Caffeind like this.

Super Moderator
    Throat hit? What's throat hit?? ( i vape 4mg 100% vg lol)
    Caffeind likes this.
    Ingrid

Quote Originally Posted by rockmoose View Post
    Is Ingrid the only one who thinks my penis looks slightly vaginal?

Before I vaped with nicotine I was for a month just vaping doublers. I used this T.H.E. Throat Hit Enhancer 10ml | Ecig Life which you only need a drop of really. Havent tried it with the nic but I would like to one day get down to 0% again and like you worry whether I will miss that TH so might have to go back to this then :-)
    xo
    Caffeind likes this.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast