Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Tight Draw on Kanger T3 - Brand New Coil

AVF Regular

Tight Draw on Kanger T3 - Brand New Coil

Hey guys.

Would really appreciate some help.

I just put a new head on my kanger t3. let it soak for a good 20 mins. Took a whole bunch of primer puffs. then started vaping low (3.2v on my twist) then up to eventually reach 3.6v.

this is the second coil i've used on this tank. the first had a nice airy draw. this one is like (and excuse me for borrowing terminology from Full Metal Jacket) sucking a golf ball through a garden hose.

there IS vapour. but it's a nightmare to get a decent drag.

I removed the centre post and pulled out one of the flavour wicks. still same problem.

Took out both flavour wicks in case they were chocking the flow....no improvement.

i've had advice about using other tanks...lol...but i'm not prepared to give up on these as i've got a feeling i won't be having much better luck with other tanks. i need to work the kinks out of these ones. they CAN work great i just know it...lol

so any advice with these would be great (won't be online for a couple of days but your advice in the mean time will be greatly appreciated).

regards

Sam

I don't need squat for ages, i just went shopping.
    $1800.61 Spent on Vaping so far, stocked up for 2 years @ 8ml/per day.

AVF Regular
    Don't think it's a wicking issue, it sounds like one or all of the air holes are blocked for some reason? But I'm no expert on these clearos so hopefully someone will come and help you out.
    Samtron likes this.

AVF Regular
    yeah the air holes are on the base of the t3. there are three of them and they don't appear to be blocked. i.e. i can see light shining through them when i hold them up to the monitor at an angle.

AVF Regular
    I use a sewing needle to clean the air holes. Try it and see what happens
    Samtron likes this.

AVF Regular
    thanks for that i've just gone and done this. it still feels like a tighter draw compared to the first tank (the first tank has original head in it still)

AVF Regular
    It's very mysterious? I've never heard of this happening, these clearos usually have quite an airy draw. Flat battery? Are you vaping steeped tobacco juices, or dark coloured desserts? Have you dry burnt the coil, it could be really gunked up? Have you got another fresh coil you could try to see if this one is just a dud? Your drip tip is not blocked with anything is it?

AVF Regular
    appreciate the checklist jen. i've only heard of it happening a lil (ecf) as you've said it's normally an airy draw.

the battery is fresh since last night...was happening on the depleted battery too.

vaping a dessert, snicker bar juice.

shouldn't be gunked up as it's brand new. i've got 4 other coils but i'd rather not jump to conclusions and try them yet as i was hoping to get this one working...although it could be a dud.

the drip tip was working fine with the previous coil (which still worked but tasted horrible, even after i dry burnt it the other day...hence i swapped it out)

if i'm forgetting something i appreciate you letting me know

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Samtron View Post
    appreciate the checklist jen. i've only heard of it happening a lil (ecf) as you've said it's normally an airy draw.

the battery is fresh since last night...was happening on the depleted battery too.

vaping a dessert, snicker bar juice.

shouldn't be gunked up as it's brand new. i've got 4 other coils but i'd rather not jump to conclusions and try them yet as i was hoping to get this one working...although it could be a dud.

the drip tip was working fine with the previous coil (which still worked but tasted horrible, even after i dry burnt it the other day...hence i swapped it out)

if i'm forgetting something i appreciate you letting me know
    Take the device off the Twist and try sucking though it. If it's still tight then the head is choking the draw somehow. Replace it.

If it's only tight when it's on the twist then something in the fit-up is causing the problem. Are these knockoff heads? Some of them don't have much of a groove cut in the bottom of the centre pin and this can be a problem. I think you should be using Protank heads, not the Evod ones which also have a shallower groove in the centre pin.

Also, if the centre pin is a little too short it might mean that you have to screw the device on really hard until the grooves on the 510 connector are jammed into the bottom of the base. It's possible to screw them on too tight and squash the center pin in as well, letting the top of the 510 connector jam into the base.

If all else fails you might have to boil and dry burn the old head to clean it until you can get some good ones.

ETA: Only screw the T3 on until you feel the centre pin contact positively. There may be a 1.5 mm gap below the edge of the skirt. If you screw it on hard to get rid of that gap, you will mash the grommet around the centre pin and potentially cause a whole range of problems.
    Last edited by fabricator4; 07-08-13 at 02:37 PM.
    Samtron likes this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Regular
    i think it is only tight when on the battery...i think it isn't a knock off...

the groove in the centre pin looks as deep as the original if that helps. i'm not using either protank or evod heads...the T3 has a metal base that i've replaced with coil built into it.

i may still boil and dry the other head. the burnt flavour was gross so if this fixes it then, snap, got a replacement head again.

I've tried screwing in the head loosley i.e. not jamming it against the battery. it didn't appear to make a difference. i may have already screwed it on too tightly, i.e. all the way...if this is the problem. should i take my pliers and pull on the metal centre post a lil?

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Samtron View Post
    I've tried screwing in the head loosley i.e. not jamming it against the battery. it didn't appear to make a difference. i may have already screwed it on too tightly, i.e. all the way...if this is the problem. should i take my pliers and pull on the metal centre post a lil?
    You could try. Don't pull the pin out too far otherwise you might lose connection on the cut coil wire at which point it's a candidate for a complete rebuild. If that doesn't work, try one of the other replacement heads you have.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast