Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree188Likes

Thread: Are you actually saving money by vaping?

Are you actually saving money by vaping?

Hi All,

I have spent the last few hours reading through the forum and I am beginning to wonder if people are actually saving money by switching from smoking to vaping. As it seems that some people are spending a small fortune. I currently smoke rollies which cost me approx $120 a fortnight, I am recently out of work and desperately need to save money. I have here a very old fashioned cheap e-cig which is absolute crap, I can get 2 puffs before the battery dies, so I will need to invest in a new one. I also know where i can get bottles of nic juice locally for $7-$14 a month but do you also need to buy flavours to mix in with it? I want to replace my smoking with vaping, but as I am a pretty heavy smoker I think I will be a very heavy vapor. Just wondering what the cheapest start up option is that people can recommend? I need something with a good battery life, and that produces a good amount of vapor so I still have that smoking feeling. I read the stickies with the best purchase options for newbies but with all the added extras and high cost of shipping at health cabin it came out to $100, and I don't really understand what is essential and what isn't, but I also don't want to be buying again in a fortnights time because what I got wasn't good enough. Ahhh money....always the issue!

Any advice anyone could give me would be much appreciated

Thanks,

Megan

AVF Regular
    If you dont get addicted to the hardware you can save a lot. I dont spend much on vaping these days. Maybe 40 bucks a month. But some people spend thousands. I have spent alot to get to the stage where im happy with what I have. But you dont need to if you dont want to. There is a few things i wanna get maybe one more mod and a new genesis.

There is a good noobie shopping list around. But for a start id probably get a few ego twist batteries and some evods. You can get these at fasttech with free shipping as well.

http://www.fasttech.com/products/0/1...rgeable-650mah
    get 2

http://www.fasttech.com/products/0/1...th-atomizer-15
    get a few maybe 3

http://www.fasttech.com/products/0/1...r-heating-core
    get 2 packs

And as much juice as you can afford in different flavours.
    Last edited by arth_d; 08-08-13 at 02:18 AM.
    mavinry4, Samtron and TheDishD like this.

Thank you so much for that arth_d, what you are recommending is definitely going to be a lot cheaper then what was being recommended on other beginner posts. My only issue is, once it comes, will I know how to assemble it? :P

AVF Regular
    Charge the battery, fill the clear thing, or the black thing with the window (depending on which one you choose to use, They serve the same purpose), and screw the clear thing or the black thing onto the battery. Its easy.
    Or if you get stuck ask on here, someone will help.
    PS get high strength nic juice from fasttech at the start

http://www.fasttech.com/search?dekang
    http://www.fasttech.com/search?liqua

Its not the best quality juice but its not bad. Id try the small bottles different flavours see what u like.

Quote Originally Posted by missmegze View Post
    Thank you so much for that arth_d, what you are recommending is definitely going to be a lot cheaper then what was being recommended on other beginner posts. My only issue is, once it comes, will I know how to assemble it? :P
    Last edited by arth_d; 08-08-13 at 02:33 AM.
    Samtron likes this.

Long term you save bucket loads , it can seem pricey at the start but all that juice devices ect builds up to quite the stock pile and every week/month you spend less and less
    308hjute likes this.

I got addicted to the hardware at one time. It was exciting, but I'm able to manage it as a hobby now. I have my workhorse ecig which is with me like my packet of smokes used to be, and a whole bunch of what is essentially a vaper's barbie doll collection.

If you were a 4 pack a week smoker, and play vaping wisely, you could easily save yourself upwards of $3500 a year, and that's including costs of shipping.
    margyb, lilym and hank like this.

AVF Regular
    You can indeed save a decent amount of money switching from ciggies to vaping, its only once you start getting in to the high end devices that money can be spent in large amounts. To start with you really only need 2 eGo style batteries and a couple of clearomizers, an eGo battery charger and juice/liquid.

Here are a few Aussie vendors with pre-made starter kits, if you go to the home page here andd scroll down you will see the Aussie vendors section, all are trusted stores, the below links are only a guide and not all the Aussie vendors are listed, if you dont mind waiting and want even cheaper prices go to Fasttech/health Cabin/heaven gifts.
    Vision eGo-T starter kit
    Electronic Cigarette Beginners Starter Kit | Ecig LifeSTARTER KITS - Vapeking
    Steam-e-cigs | Starter Kits
    Electronic Cigarette Starter Kit
    Joyetech Hardware - eGo, eGo-C and eGo-T Kits - JuiceWhore E-Liquid E-Juice

Nicotine liquid, will be the main "issue" as we can not purchase liquid with Nicotine in it, to start with you are best to buy pre-mixed liquids which have nicotine already mixed in. Seeing as it does come from oversea's it can take a min of a week to 3 weeks to arrive. if you look through the juice reviews you will see a large section of vendors to purchase from, the china liquids are ok, they get the job done, but some of the liquids really dont taste all that great compared to US/UK juices. The china liquids will give you an idea of what flavours you like/dislike and cheap, come in nice small sizes so you can get a decent amount to taste. Once your happy with your devices and fell comfortable you can buy nic-free juices locally and then buy pure nicotine liquid overseas and mix your own liquids (if u so choose).

I am sure many others will post in this thread in the next full day, as i say the links i have posted are for local vendors (and there are many more out there) and to give you a guide to prices and what you should be looking for to start off on.

Also once you are happy with your vaping devices you only really spend money on items that you use up, eg Liquid/juice, disposible clearomisers/cartomisers etc. You will save money compared to smoking and the health benifits are the biggest saving!
    Last edited by TheDishD; 08-08-13 at 03:15 AM.
    margyb, Gresh11, Roguex2x and 4 others like this.

Stopped Smoking On the 4/7/13..Guess when i started Vaping

As others have said you can save thousands or spend tens of thousands.

You obviously want to save money so shop on fasttech for a kit. No point buying local as you won't have nicotine so that will take 2 weeks to come and so will the kit
    TheDishD likes this.

AVF Regular
    I just ask myself the question, am I spending $400 a month on vaping gear like i used to with smokes and I always answer no way.
    lilym likes this.

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    Quote Originally Posted by missmegze View Post
    Hi All,

I have spent the last few hours reading through the forum and I am beginning to wonder if people are actually saving money by switching from smoking to vaping. As it seems that some people are spending a small fortune. I currently smoke rollies which cost me approx $120 a fortnight, I am recently out of work and desperately need to save money. I have here a very old fashioned cheap e-cig which is absolute crap, I can get 2 puffs before the battery dies, so I will need to invest in a new one. I also know where i can get bottles of nic juice locally for $7-$14 a month but do you also need to buy flavours to mix in with it? I want to replace my smoking with vaping, but as I am a pretty heavy smoker I think I will be a very heavy vapor. Just wondering what the cheapest start up option is that people can recommend? I need something with a good battery life, and that produces a good amount of vapor so I still have that smoking feeling. I read the stickies with the best purchase options for newbies but with all the added extras and high cost of shipping at health cabin it came out to $100, and I don't really understand what is essential and what isn't, but I also don't want to be buying again in a fortnights time because what I got wasn't good enough. Ahhh money....always the issue!

Any advice anyone could give me would be much appreciated

Thanks,

Megan
    Welcome to AVF.

As a heavy smoker, I think 24mg/ml juice is probably going to satisfy you better than 18mg/ml juice will & you will probably still only use 30ml of juice per week.
    The initial investment of $100 would keep you going for around 2 months of vaping, before you need to re-order juice & maybe some clearos or cartos, which would be about $50 at most, to keep you going another 2 or 3 months.
    Compare that to your $60 per week & you can see the savings are huge. Your batteries will likely last well over 12months & be reliable & dependable.

If you haven't read my posted list of items, then you can read it here: NEW MEMBERS: Introduce yourself here!!!
    In my post I have outlined the essentials & given options for added extras.
    While Arth's links to Fasttech are cheap, Fasttech can take up to 4 weeks to have your parcel arrive, sometimes longer. Which is going to end up costing you more in cancer sticks than you would save by having your order delivered sooner from HC(usually 5-7days), using the EMS shipping option.

To get the cheapest juice, DiY using concentrates is the way to go, also since HC only have 36mg/ml juice at the highest strength & I think you will want 24mg/ml juice, DiY is a good option for you.
    HC also have cheap flavor concentrates, some are nice & some taste like arse, if you post a list of the flavors you are considering to buy, I can probably help you avoid some of the ones that taste like arse.
    Some members here will tell you all HC flavors taste like arse but I don't believe they have tried all their flavors either
    To get the flavors use this link: 10ml Flavour : Healthcabin Electronic Cigarettes - Wholesale and Retail
    You will also want 2x 115ml bottles of PG & the same of VG, which are linked in my post.

Edit:
    Generally the HC flavors need 10% to be added to juice, this is 1ml in a 10ml bottle, then you will want 6.6ml of unflavored, 75/25 PG/VG, 36mg/ml nic, then top up with 1ml PG & 1.4ml VG to make 10ml.
    I recommend mixing 10ml batches until you get the concentration of flavor the way you like it, if the flavor is too strong or too weak, you can add more or less flavor & adjust the amount of plain PG you add to keep the volume of juice the same.

Once you know the amount of flavor you need to add, then you should mix up 30ml at a time to make it easier for yourself. As below, with adjustments to concentrate & PG to your taste:
    20ml unflavored nic
    3ml concentrate
    3ml PG
    4ml VG
    Last edited by Noe; 08-08-13 at 03:06 AM.
    margyb, Samtron, Jonnolane and 1 others like this.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast