Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: Noob looking for help guidance

Noob looking for help guidance

Hi All,

I am a mid 30 something smoker that wants to try an boot the habbit of roughly 20 years. I know that ecigs are not a quit aid but a mere stepping stone in achieving that goal.

I have a few friends who have had good success stopping using ecigs, however when it comes to obtaining information from them about what to use, where to buy, I would have more luck getting blood from a rock.

I have tried to make sense of all different terms and devices, but the information that is available is overloading my simpleton mind.

Pretty much I need a package that will assist 2 people (as my wife would also like to use them). So if anyone here can help out an point me in the right direction that would be fantastic.

Kind regards,
    Fett
    The Sodd likes this.

AVF Regular
    Hey fett where about is Aus are you.

there are a couple of options.

You can get starter kits from local vendors and buy premade nic juice from the states or china. or order everything from os to start with including flavourless nicotine to mix with local flavours (doublers).

here is what i would reccomend getting from a site in china that will get u set up for a couple of months

choose designs you like for yourself and your wife the first link is for the blokes the second is the ladies designs

eGo K Battery CE4 Blister Pack [02-F] - $17.09 : Healthcabin Electronic Cigarettes - Wholesale and Retail x 2 for yourself

eGo Q Battery CE4 Blister Pack [02-E] - $17.09 : Healthcabin Electronic Cigarettes - Wholesale and Retail x 2 for your wife

these are a small bottom coil clearomizer which are good for testing flavours and also provide a more reliable vape
    5pc Innokin 510 Tidy Bottom Coil Clearomizer [04-C-4-1] - $4.25 : Healthcabin Electronic Cigarettes - Wholesale and Retail x 2 packs of these while on
    sale
    these are a larger tank unit for when u come to like a liquid it will hold more then the 2 clearomizers above
    Vision STV Nova Tank Clearomizer (3.5ml) [01-C-23] - $5.40 : Healthcabin Electronic Cigarettes - Wholesale and Retail x 2 atleast but again with sale i would grab more.

Joyetech eGo atomizer/battery Cone Cover [03-E-2-2] - $2.00 : Healthcabin Electronic Cigarettes - Wholesale and Retail grab some of these as they will help to hide the batter threading if using smaller atomizers/clearomizers

^ that covers the hardware should last you atleast a month for 2 users but if you order before the sale ends you could stock up on some stuff as well.

Liquids

i would reccomend just getting this sample pack of liquids to try a few differant flavours its mostly sweet so if you are interested in some other tobacco type flavours or any thing else have a look through the other options. i would reccomend the 18mg strength. (when vaping the nicotine is absorbed differantly than it is with smoking and to replicate the similer sort of hit and feel to make transition easier we would reccomend atleast 4 mg higher then what you current smoke) I would probably look at deffenatly grabbing mroe that just sample especially if your ordering for 2 people.
    LIQUA Ejuice Variety Pack (10*10ml) [10-D-1] - $25.20 : Healthcabin Electronic Cigarettes - Wholesale and Retail

Grab 2 of these flavourless nicotines at 36 mg 75pg 25 vg, these are for mixing with what is called a doubler (doublers are local vendors liquids which are double flavour strength designed to be mixed 50/50 with double strength nicotine to produce a vapable liquid at the strength and flavour u wish to vape at. eg 36 mg mixed with a doubler would give you 18 mg liquid)

115ml HC Unflavored E-liquid [Z8 HC Unflavored 115ml] - $11.00 : Healthcabin Electronic Cigarettes - Wholesale and Retail x 2

One each of these pg and vg are the primary ingrediants used in ecig liquids, these are basically if you are finding 18mg a little to strong you can dilute the liquids a little to reduce the hit and unfortunaly the flavour slightly.
    115ml PROPYLENE GLYCOL USP(PG) [Z4 115ml PG] - $3.50 : Healthcabin Electronic Cigarettes - Wholesale and Retail
    115ml Vegetable Glycerin USP (VG) [Z4 115ml VG] - $3.50 : Healthcabin Electronic Cigarettes - Wholesale and Retail

Grab a selection of syringes for filling and measuring liquids (when you go onto doublers) i would reccomend a couple of each size except the 1 ml
    E-juice Injector(1ml 2.5ml 5ml 10ml) Ejuice Injector /syringe [06-D-3-1] - $0.25 : Healthcabin Electronic Cigarettes - Wholesale and Retail

grab a couple of long 18g needles as well E-juice Injector(1ml 2.5ml 5ml 10ml) Ejuice Injector /syringe [06-D-3-1] - $0.25 : Healthcabin Electronic Cigarettes - Wholesale and Retail

well thats pretty much it, it may seem like an expensive operation but aslong as you dont get bitten buy the shiney mod bug you will probably find you will start saving money within a month or 2.
    D1git, margyb, Megan and 4 others like this.
    http://sincemylastcigarette.com/bann...12_default.png
    So far only about $1200 spent on vapeing

CCC
    The info above is good, just write out this simple list and tick it off as you go. You will need

1. at least 2 batteries each

2. at least 3 charges between the 2 of you (1 each plus a backup)

3. as many cartomizers/clearomizers as you can afford (5 each would be minimum)

4. E-liquid containing nic (120ml each minimum)
    margyb, Roxxiiangel, JenJ and 3 others like this.

AVF Regular
    welcome fett to AVF... there you go comprehensive info right away.. thats all the above mention that you should know about. just take your time vaping sometimes can be complicated... but we're here to help...
    margyb and Fett like this.

AVF Regular
    congrats on giving up the darts and welcome.

there is a steep learning curve and so many options but to keep it simple start with the above, ask a lot of questions, watch heaps of youtube videos.

there is always someone here to help. the stickies at the top of the forum are great but comprehensive.

I don't need squat for ages, i just went shopping.
    $1800.61 Spent on Vaping so far, stocked up for 2 years @ 8ml/per day.

Hi all,

Thanks for that info izmali, (I'm in Vic btw). We have taken the plunge an placed an order for the outlined items.

I did have a browse of the stickys but due to the amount of info contained within I felt rather swamped. Now that the basics are soon to be shipping I will have some to watch and read to get more informed. Thanks again for the guidance it is a most welcoming feeling.
    margyb and vreidisgod like this.

To keep things basic, I recommend EVODs or ProTanks for beginners. They're cheap and easily some of the best standard 510 devices I've used.

I'd recommend:
    6x EVOD
    1x Pack of EVOD replacement heads
    2x USB charger
    4x 1000mAh EGO Battery
    2x AC power adapter for chargers (optional, not needed if you want to charge off a computer)

I'd look at getting around 250mL of nicotine, probably at 36mg to be mixed down to 18 (or lower).
    And a bunch of flavours (doublers, for mixing 50/50 with mic) from wherever you want.

AVF Regular
    hey it looks like you got it all covered mate all thats left to say is good luck with the new life.
    Stick around mate and keep us updated.
    My biggest fear is that I might die and my missus will sell my vape gear for what I told her it cost

Konstantinos Farsalinos Nothing will be offered to you. You have to fight for your rights....

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.n...60560210_n.jpg

Got the kit today... now stuck as to what is what and where to begin. It looks like the sampler pack of flavours already contains nicotine??

AVF Regular
    Wow, you are well stocked there! Good purchases...I'd say your liquids have nic in them if you bought them from a Chinese site. The only ones that don't are the ones sold by Australian vendors, because of our silly laws.

So all you have to do is break open the blister packs, screw the capsule (clearomiser) onto the battery, fill the capsule with juice (take care NOT to get the liquid into the centre air hole or you'll make a mess), wait a minute or so for the liquid to soak into the wick.

Then press the button on the battery and inhale slowly....if you suck it back like a cigarette you may cough!

Keep us posted.
    Last edited by JenJ; 24-08-13 at 06:38 PM.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast