Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree116Likes

Thread: G'day all, simple vaping equipment info needed, in normal speak

Jaq

G'day all, simple vaping equipment info needed, in normal speak

Last edited by Jaq; 18-09-13 at 08:10 PM.
    spud likes this.

AVF Regular
    G'day Jaq
    welcome to the forums! well you do have a few questions there and so are going to be hard to answer in a post

This is a great vid which gives an excellent overveiw and explaination to the wide,wild and wonderful world of vaping, by PBusardo

Here is a link to a Vapers glossary of terms Taste Your Juice | VAPER’S GLOSSARY PBusardo is another excellent source of info for all things vaping.

This is Todds overveiw for new vapers

Its long but Todd does cover a lot of area's well worth a watch.
    Another new vaper who was in the same boat as you ended up with this kit, maybe after watching the vid you will have a better idea where/what you would like to vape on..
    Vision eGo-T starter kit

As to getting nicotine juice yes over seas to start with, now there are plenty of vendors, but i have to highly recommend nicoticket, Hand-crafted eJuice / eLiquid - Unrivaled flavor - Made in the USA, very fair prices for both juice and shipping to Aus. Clark 9the bloke who runs the store has a chat box on the site, when he is online just have a chat with him and he can suggest the ideal juice for you, he is easy going and great to talk to.

Anyway watch the vid and keep asking questions, its the only way to learn!
    Cheers Dishy.
    Last edited by TheDishD; 10-08-13 at 02:15 AM.
    margyb, lheamfrg and Kent Brooks like this.

Stopped Smoking On the 4/7/13..Guess when i started Vaping

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    Welcome to AVF Jaq.

Read my post, for a list of items you can get all from the one place, that will give you everything you require as a new vaper & satisfy your vaping needs, as per your post, here: NEW MEMBERS: Introduce yourself here!!!
    TheDishD likes this.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

AVF Regular
    Noe I think your list there is awesome. But when I was a new vaper I would have been totally overwhelmed by the wall of text and long list of links. And Jaq already said she found it all understandably confusing, info overload.

I wonder if there is any way of making it simpler. Like a list of essentials as headings, with the link under them without all the wordy word stuff and explanations?

-Charger
    -Battery
    -Clearo
    -Juice
    -Nicotine
    TheDishD likes this.

Noe
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    Now to answer some of your questions:

VV is some sort of voltage that you can manipulate on some of the vape-sticks? Why? Do I need to do so? Many questions like this I have.

You do not NEED a VV or VW device to get a satisfying vape, I used devices like the ones I recommend in my newbie list for over 12months before upgrading & I still use those same devices to get a satisfying vape on occasion.

I know I have to buy the nicotine (Nic?) from the USA, so if you can link me to a place that doesn't charge as much as the national debt to UPS it to Oz I'd be most obliged. I've stopped ordering a heap of stuff from America (like books from Amazon) because the UPS charges are freaking ridiculous.

You do not HAVE to order from the USA, the vendor in my newbie list is in China & has unflavored nic for mixing. Most nic comes from China anyway & is sold in bulk to USA & other vendors, who then break it down into smaller volumes for retail.

I need something to start with that will give me a good throat hit and a fair amount of vapour.....and do I gather that if I smoke 4mg Alpine Menthol that I'll need at least a 16mg nicotine juice? Pre-mixed with menthol or another flavour?

I recommend newbies start with 18mg/ml juice, it is the most commonly used strength & the mg written on the packs you smoked make no difference in this regard.
    Menthol can be vaped as a juice flavor by itself or mixed with other flavors, taste is subjective so only you really know what you will like as far as flavor goes.

I would also like a battery that lasts a couple of days or more, if that's really possible. The vape-stick I linked to above claims a few days battery life, what do you guys reckon?

The kit you linked too is expensive, more than twice as expensive(almost 3 times as much) as the gear I recommend. The batts in the kit you linked also look to me to be 650mah, where the batts I recommend are 1100mah(almost twice the batt life).
    How much run time you get out of a batt is determined by 3 things, mainly:
    1. mah rating
    2. amount of puffs you take
    3. resistance of the device used to turn juice into vapor.
    Lower resistance (LR) devices use more power to run but give a fuller vape at standard voltages. Some vapers prefer Standard res(SR) devices & the vape they get from them though.
    LR are normally ranging from 1.5ohm to 2.0ohm & SR is normally ranging from 2.2ohm to 2.8ohm, 3.0ohm is generally considered to he HR.

I'm quite happy to buy the bits and pieces separately if that will save me a heap of dollars...and I have perused the two newbie's guides to vaping threads that are stickied here...but the terminology and lingo just defeats me.

What's the difference between a 3 part vapouriser and a two part vapouriser?

Forget 3 piece, they are dinosaurs.
    You want a 2 part, batt & carto/clearo combo.

1. Do some of the parts wear out quickly, if so, which parts..and can I buy them in Oz, and are parts interchangeable between different models and company brands.

2. Do I need to clean bits and pieces every so often? If so, how and what with.

3. Does anyone know of a vaping shop I can actually visit between the Blue Mountains and Sydney city?

1. Yes & yes. The bits that hold the juice.
    2. Yes. Wash with warm water, dry & re-use, sometimes with a dry burn(plenty of threads here explainign this).
    3.No

Can someone explain to me how I mix my own e-juice with the nicotine, as I don't want to poison myself.

You won't poison yourself with 36mg/ml unflavored nic, when mixing.

I gather I can buy pre-mixed e-juices, mixed with different flavours and also containing nicotine from the USA...again...can anyone recommend
    a place that doesn't charge the Earth to ship said product to Oz.

Already answered above, again USA is not the only place to get nic.

Doublers and concentrate..ah yes....what is this exactly?

Doublers are juice that contain twice the amount of flavor as pre-mixed juice, but do not contain nic, they are designed to be mixed with unflavored nic that is twice as strong as you want to vape, mix 50.50 & you have full flavored full strength juice.

Concentrates are concentrated flavors, that can range in flavor strength, anywhere from 1% up to 30% concentrate may need to be used to make vapable juice with the right amount of flavor, this depends largly on the brand of concentrate being used but also on the type of flavor.

I've been reading long enough to work out about PG and VG. More PG creates a good throat hit and flavour, VG is less a TH and less flavour, have I got that right at least?

Yes.

Where do I buy these things? Are they premixed concoctions that come in different flavours made especially for vaping?
    Or do I buy them and mix them together...in what..a bottle and give it a shake...or drip them into the vial in the vape-stick...avoiding the hole in the middle or something.

Read my newbie list post, you can buy what you need from what is listed there.
    TheDishD, Jaq and Aus_Rider_22 like this.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Jaq
    Last edited by Jaq; 18-09-13 at 08:11 PM.
    JenJ and TheDishD like this.

Noe
    Quote Originally Posted by JenJ View Post
    Noe I think your list there is awesome. But when I was a new vaper I would have been totally overwhelmed by the wall of text and long list of links. And Jaq already said she found it all understandably confusing, info overload.

I wonder if there is any way of making it simpler. Like a list of essentials as headings, with the link under them without all the wordy word stuff and explanations?

-Charger
    -Battery
    -Clearo
    -Juice
    -Nicotine
    Ok Jen, just because you asked nicely & because I think it is possible to keep the info there but make it a bit simpler, how's this (to be named the Jaq version):

Welcome new vapers.

This is a re-post but I like to keep it easy to find for new vapers or potential new vapers, because it helps if you know what you need to get started.

IMO what you want for your initial order is a 1-stop-shop, where you can get everything you need in 1 order.
    Regardless of what you decide to order, this makes things very simple & means everything arrives at the same time, so you can get into it immediately you open it(well almost, make sure the batts are charged first).

For the same reason I recommend Health Cabin for first orders, they have a large range of products, they ship reliably(choose EMS shipping & you will usually have you goods in a week, 2 at most), their customer service is very good & their prices are good too. Plus they have everything you need, including nic juice to get you started.

Essentials:
    Kit
    I think the best solution for a new vaper is an entry level device, which will serve as a back up should you have problems with your mod later on, like these kits:
    eGo K Vision Compact Kit V2 in 30 styles [02-F] - $18.99 : Healthcabin Electronic Cigarettes - Wholesale and Retail two of these kits will have, 2 chargers( a spare in case one fails) 2 clearomisers & 2 batteries, all you really need to start vaping minus the juice.

Juice
    Next you will want some juice my recommendation is 10x 10ml, 18mg/ml, pre-mixed juices in various flavors:
    Dekang E-juice/E-liquid for Ecigarette
    or
    HC E-Juice/E-Liquid : Healthcabin Electronic Cigarettes - Wholesale and Retail
    Then also get some unflavored nic in 36mg/ml, 75/25 PG/VG, which you can mix later with Aussie made doublers, so 1 or 2 x 115ml bottles:
    115ml HC Unflavored E-liquid [Z8 HC Unflavored 115ml] - $11.00 : Healthcabin Electronic Cigarettes - Wholesale and Retail

Optional devices:
    If you want to stop there, you can & will be able to start vaping with just what is above or if you want to try different clearomisers/tanks etc then these are some good ones to try:
    3.5ml Ismoka BCC(Bottom Coil Changeable) Mega Clear Cartomizer [03-3A-4321] - $11.00 : Healthcabin Electronic Cigarettes - Wholesale and Retail
    5pc New CE3 Bottom Coil 510 Clearomizers [05-C-12] - $10.50 : Healthcabin Electronic Cigarettes - Wholesale and Retail
    Innokin iClear 30 Dual Coil Clearomizer with replaceable coil (Crystal Gift Box) [05-H-3-2] - $10.00 : Healthcabin Electronic Cigarettes - Wholesale and Retail
    Vision eGo Clearomizer V3 (Exchangeable & Detachable)

While not an absolute "must have" these come in handy sometimes for your eGo type batteries:
    500mA USB Power Adapter/Charger (US/EU/UK/AU plug) [05-A-2-2] - $3.50 : Healthcabin Electronic Cigarettes - Wholesale and Retail

Items for mixing
    A bottle of PG & a bottle of VG will come in handy if you need to dilute your juice later on & it is cheap to grab a bottle of each at the same time:
    115ml PROPYLENE GLYCOL USP(PG) [Z4 115ml PG] - $3.50 : Healthcabin Electronic Cigarettes - Wholesale and Retail
    115ml Vegetable Glycerin USP (VG) [Z4 115ml VG] - $3.50 : Healthcabin Electronic Cigarettes - Wholesale and Retail
    Some empty mixing bottles will also come in handy, perhaps 4x 30ml & 4x 10ml to start with:
    Empty Ejuice Bottle(childproof) [06-D-23] - $0.25 : Healthcabin Electronic Cigarettes - Wholesale and Retail
    A syringe is also a good idea to grab for measuring liquids & refilling some kinds of clearos etc, I would grab one of each size:
    E-juice Injector(1ml 2.5ml 5ml 10ml) Ejuice Injector /syringe [06-D-1-1] - $0.25 : Healthcabin Electronic Cigarettes - Wholesale and Retail
    You will also want blunt tipped needles for your syringes, 4 of these, Long(XL) type:
    Blunt needle for syringe [05-D-2-1] - $0.15 : Healthcabin Electronic Cigarettes - Wholesale and Retail

Devices not recommended
    I DO NOT recommend v2cigs, overpriced, cigalikes for anyone!
    If you want a cigalike, HealthCabin also stock them, look for a 510 manual starter kit. It will be much cheaper & perform the same as the more expensive V2cig kit but these will not work anywhere near as well as the gear I listed above.
    If you decide you still want a cigalike & get the 510 kit, I recommend using these to put your juice in for vaping:
    5pc New CE3 Bottom Coil 510 Clearomizers [05-C-12] - $10.50 : Healthcabin Electronic Cigarettes - Wholesale and Retail
    lheamfrg and Caffeind like this.
    Essie's Glass DTs

Jaq
    Last edited by Jaq; 18-09-13 at 08:11 PM.

AVF Regular
    What you need is a genesis atty on a mech mod, with an 18350 running a 3/4 wrap of 28GA at about 1ohm, 200 mesh with 70/30 PG VG.
    JenJ likes this.

Jaq
    Last edited by Jaq; 18-09-13 at 08:13 PM.
    gtadmin, 308hjute, unik and 6 others like this.

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast