Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: another newbie vaper

another newbie vaper

Hi there

Ive recently been trying to get my head around vaping and have purchased myself a Disposaple e-cig from E Cigs, Electronic Cigarettes Store Australia, E Cigarettes In Australia, E Cigarette Online
    It arrived rather promptly and ive been enjoying it for the past few days, and now im looking at getting myself something a little more permanent and exploring more flavours etc.
    from my understanding the Social-Lites do no contain nicotine, which for me isnt a big issue. i just enjoy having the occaisonal puff of it while im working away at my desk or out with friends.

So upon doing some further digging, and looking at the Social-Lites starter kit, and looking at ways to save money, i came across this forum and soon realized that Social-Lites is a very expensive way to get into vaping.
    Obviously id like to save money. thats the whole idea right?
    after looking at a few different threads i soon found myself overwhelmed and was hoping for some simple advice and how/where to get started?
    i also really enjoy the look of the traditional cigarette. but am quickly realzing thats probably a gimmick?

I hope someone can help me understand things a bit better

yeah most of the vapers/vapist were trying to dissociate ourselves from cigalike form ecig. not only they force you to use the proprietary cartridge which yourself has found to be expensive but also most of them dont perform as good

there is a thread here which will guide you of what to buy and where to buy them
    Old Dog likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by illmindedchild View Post
    So upon doing some further digging, and looking at the Social-Lites starter kit, and looking at ways to save money, i came across this forum and soon realized that Social-Lites is a very expensive way to get into vaping.
    Obviously id like to save money. thats the whole idea right?
    after looking at a few different threads i soon found myself overwhelmed and was hoping for some simple advice and how/where to get started?
    i also really enjoy the look of the traditional cigarette. but am quickly realzing thats probably a gimmick?

I hope someone can help me understand things a bit better
    A cigalike is not so much a gimmick, as a preference. Since you don't actually want the nicotine at this stage then it might not matter very much.

Yes they do tend to be more expensive for what you get however. You can get a ridiculously cheap cigalike from China (eg fasttech.com) however they tend not to work very well. This may or may not be important to you. There's a newcomer's thread which has some recommendations for more serious equipment that is fairly cheap, however it's geared more towards someone who needs the nicotine to quit. I'll see if I can find it for you...
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

cant find the izmali's nor noe's guide to vaping thread but this thread has got few pointers Another newbie.

you can buy no nic juices from australian vendors like vapingmad, juicewhore, vapeking, vapebar etc

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by fabricator4 View Post
    A cigalike is not so much a gimmick, as a preference. Since you don't actually want the nicotine at this stage then it might not matter very much.

Yes they do tend to be more expensive for what you get however. You can get a ridiculously cheap cigalike from China (eg fasttech.com) however they tend not to work very well. This may or may not be important to you. There's a newcomer's thread which has some recommendations for more serious equipment that is fairly cheap, however it's geared more towards someone who needs the nicotine to quit. I'll see if I can find it for you...
    OK, those threads really are geared for someone who needs to vape nicotine. I'm assuming that you want something that simulates smoking so that you can avoid the real thing in social situations and similar. Really, a small kit with a few flavours is probably all you need. Have a look at this one:

Electronic Cigarette Starter Kit - Cobra Kit C | eGo-T

You can buy more e-liquids from them here:

Ready To Vape E-Liquid for Electronic Cigarettes

You want the straight e-liquid to start with, however you can probably save even more money by buying the EZ mix doublers and adding just PG and VG (not nicotine base).

This will be far cheaper in both setup cost and ongoing costs.

They sell the disposable clearomisers that go on top here:

Long Wick Stardust CE4 Clearomiser Coloured

A heavy vaper would probably get 1 week or more out of these before it needed to be replaced. If you use it only occasionally it will last longer - maybe 30ml of liquid or more, depending on the liquid. There are other devices that can be cleaned and repaired by replacing the head (coil and wick) inside them but it's not clear to me if that is the best route for you.
    Last edited by fabricator4; 12-08-13 at 11:49 AM.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

Hi illminded and welcome
    what's your location ?
    a local vaper may be able to give you some first hand hints and a look at some alternative hardware options
    Well at least Vaping has stopped my god awful wheezing

Check out my guide here. It's still not finished but I think it might help you out.

AVF Regular
    you've got some great advice already.

something a little more complicated but probably as useful is Noe's guide

NEW MEMBERS: Introduce yourself here!!!

basically you'll need:

batteries x 2
    tanks x 5/10 (if they have replaceable heads get 5 and at least 10 replacements)
    nicotine juice (probably 70%pg 30%vg...see below)
    flavours (concentrates or doublers)
    Propylene glycol (pg) (carries flavour and provides throat hit)
    Vegetable Glycerin (vg) (makes the smoke but mutes the flavour)

there are some awesome introduction to vaping videos here

G'day all, simple vaping equipment info needed, in normal speak

youtube is your friend. asking lots of questions is normal so don't get shy. you will be a lil overwhelmed at first but it's worth it in our experience.
    Last edited by Samtron; 12-08-13 at 09:07 PM.
    Noe likes this.

I don't need squat for ages, i just went shopping.
    $1800.61 Spent on Vaping so far, stocked up for 2 years @ 8ml/per day.

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    Welcome to AVF, IMC.

Below is the revised version of my list/post, which is hopefully a little less confusing, you can skip the nic juice if you don't want nic & get some 0mg/ml juice instead:

This is a re-post but I like to keep it easy to find for new vapers or potential new vapers, because it helps if you know what you need to get started.

IMO what you want for your initial order is a 1-stop-shop, where you can get everything you need in 1 order.
    Regardless of what you decide to order, this makes things very simple & means everything arrives at the same time, so you can get into it immediately you open it(well almost, make sure the batts are charged first).

For the same reason I recommend Health Cabin for first orders, they have a large range of products, they ship reliably(choose EMS shipping & you will usually have you goods in a week, 2 at most), their customer service is very good & their prices are good too. Plus they have everything you need, including nic juice to get you started.

Essentials:
    Kit
    I think the best solution for a new vaper is an entry level device, which will serve as a back up should you have problems with your mod later on, like these kits:
    eGo K Vision Compact Kit V2 in 30 styles [02-F] - $18.99 : Healthcabin Electronic Cigarettes - Wholesale and Retail two of these kits will have, 2 chargers( a spare in case one fails) 2 clearomisers & 2 batteries, all you really need to start vaping minus the juice.

Juice
    Next you will want some juice my recommendation is 10x 10ml, 18mg/ml, pre-mixed juices in various flavors:
    Dekang E-juice/E-liquid for Ecigarette
    or
    HC E-Juice/E-Liquid : Healthcabin Electronic Cigarettes - Wholesale and Retail
    Then also get some unflavored nic in 36mg/ml, 75/25 PG/VG, which you can mix later with Aussie made doublers, so 1 or 2 x 115ml bottles:
    115ml HC Unflavored E-liquid [Z8 HC Unflavored 115ml] - $11.00 : Healthcabin Electronic Cigarettes - Wholesale and Retail

Optional devices:
    If you want to stop there, you can & will be able to start vaping with just what is above or if you want to try different clearomisers/tanks etc then these are some good ones to try:
    3.5ml Ismoka BCC(Bottom Coil Changeable) Mega Clear Cartomizer [03-3A-4321] - $11.00 : Healthcabin Electronic Cigarettes - Wholesale and Retail
    5pc New CE3 Bottom Coil 510 Clearomizers [05-C-12] - $10.50 : Healthcabin Electronic Cigarettes - Wholesale and Retail
    Innokin iClear 30 Dual Coil Clearomizer with replaceable coil (Crystal Gift Box) [05-H-3-2] - $10.00 : Healthcabin Electronic Cigarettes - Wholesale and Retail
    Vision eGo Clearomizer V3 (Exchangeable & Detachable)

While not an absolute "must have" these come in handy sometimes for your eGo type batteries:
    500mA USB Power Adapter/Charger (US/EU/UK/AU plug) [05-A-2-2] - $3.50 : Healthcabin Electronic Cigarettes - Wholesale and Retail

Items for mixing
    A bottle of PG & a bottle of VG will come in handy if you need to dilute your juice later on & it is cheap to grab a bottle of each at the same time:
    115ml PROPYLENE GLYCOL USP(PG) [Z4 115ml PG] - $3.50 : Healthcabin Electronic Cigarettes - Wholesale and Retail
    115ml Vegetable Glycerin USP (VG) [Z4 115ml VG] - $3.50 : Healthcabin Electronic Cigarettes - Wholesale and Retail
    Some empty mixing bottles will also come in handy, perhaps 4x 30ml & 4x 10ml to start with:
    Empty Ejuice Bottle(childproof) [06-D-23] - $0.25 : Healthcabin Electronic Cigarettes - Wholesale and Retail
    A syringe is also a good idea to grab for measuring liquids & refilling some kinds of clearos etc, I would grab one of each size:
    E-juice Injector(1ml 2.5ml 5ml 10ml) Ejuice Injector /syringe [06-D-1-1] - $0.25 : Healthcabin Electronic Cigarettes - Wholesale and Retail
    You will also want blunt tipped needles for your syringes, 4 of these, Long(XL) type:
    Blunt needle for syringe [05-D-2-1] - $0.15 : Healthcabin Electronic Cigarettes - Wholesale and Retail

Devices not recommended
    I DO NOT recommend v2cigs, overpriced, cigalikes for anyone!
    If you want a cigalike, HealthCabin also stock them, look for a 510 manual starter kit. It will be much cheaper & perform the same as the more expensive V2cig kit but these will not work anywhere near as well as the gear I listed above.
    If you decide you still want a cigalike & get the 510 kit, I recommend using these to put your juice in for vaping:
    5pc New CE3 Bottom Coil 510 Clearomizers [05-C-12] - $10.50 : Healthcabin Electronic Cigarettes - Wholesale and Retail
    Samtron and joe like this.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

joe
    Quote Originally Posted by Noe View Post
    Welcome to AVF, IMC.

Below is the revised version of my list/post, which is hopefully a little less confusing, you can skip the nic juice if you don't want nic & get some 0mg/ml juice instead:

This is a re-post but I like to keep it easy to find for new vapers or potential new vapers, because it helps if you know what you need to get started.

IMO what you want for your initial order is a 1-stop-shop, where you can get everything you need in 1 order.
    Regardless of what you decide to order, this makes things very simple & means everything arrives at the same time, so you can get into it immediately you open it(well almost, make sure the batts are charged first).

For the same reason I recommend Health Cabin for first orders, they have a large range of products, they ship reliably(choose EMS shipping & you will usually have you goods in a week, 2 at most), their customer service is very good & their prices are good too. Plus they have everything you need, including nic juice to get you started.

Essentials:
    Kit
    I think the best solution for a new vaper is an entry level device, which will serve as a back up should you have problems with your mod later on, like these kits:
    eGo K Vision Compact Kit V2 in 30 styles [02-F] - $18.99 : Healthcabin Electronic Cigarettes - Wholesale and Retail two of these kits will have, 2 chargers( a spare in case one fails) 2 clearomisers & 2 batteries, all you really need to start vaping minus the juice.

Juice
    Next you will want some juice my recommendation is 10x 10ml, 18mg/ml, pre-mixed juices in various flavors:
    Dekang E-juice/E-liquid for Ecigarette
    or
    HC E-Juice/E-Liquid : Healthcabin Electronic Cigarettes - Wholesale and Retail
    Then also get some unflavored nic in 36mg/ml, 75/25 PG/VG, which you can mix later with Aussie made doublers, so 1 or 2 x 115ml bottles:
    115ml HC Unflavored E-liquid [Z8 HC Unflavored 115ml] - $11.00 : Healthcabin Electronic Cigarettes - Wholesale and Retail

Optional devices:
    If you want to stop there, you can & will be able to start vaping with just what is above or if you want to try different clearomisers/tanks etc then these are some good ones to try:
    3.5ml Ismoka BCC(Bottom Coil Changeable) Mega Clear Cartomizer [03-3A-4321] - $11.00 : Healthcabin Electronic Cigarettes - Wholesale and Retail
    Innokin iClear 30 Dual Coil Clearomizer with replaceable coil (Crystal Gift Box) [05-H-3-2] - $10.00 : Healthcabin Electronic Cigarettes - Wholesale and Retail
    Vision eGo Clearomizer V3 (Exchangeable & Detachable)

While not an absolute "must have" these come in handy sometimes for your eGo type batteries:
    500mA USB Power Adapter/Charger (US/EU/UK/AU plug) [05-A-2-2] - $3.50 : Healthcabin Electronic Cigarettes - Wholesale and Retail

Items for mixing
    A bottle of PG & a bottle of VG will come in handy if you need to dilute your juice later on & it is cheap to grab a bottle of each at the same time:
    115ml PROPYLENE GLYCOL USP(PG) [Z4 115ml PG] - $3.50 : Healthcabin Electronic Cigarettes - Wholesale and Retail
    115ml Vegetable Glycerin USP (VG) [Z4 115ml VG] - $3.50 : Healthcabin Electronic Cigarettes - Wholesale and Retail
    Some empty mixing bottles will also come in handy, perhaps 4x 30ml & 4x 10ml to start with:
    Empty Ejuice Bottle(childproof) [06-D-23] - $0.25 : Healthcabin Electronic Cigarettes - Wholesale and Retail
    A syringe is also a good idea to grab for measuring liquids & refilling some kinds of clearos etc, I would grab one of each size:
    E-juice Injector(1ml 2.5ml 5ml 10ml) Ejuice Injector /syringe [06-D-1-1] - $0.25 : Healthcabin Electronic Cigarettes - Wholesale and Retail
    You will also want blunt tipped needles for your syringes, 4 of these, Long(XL) type:
    Blunt needle for syringe [05-D-2-1] - $0.15 : Healthcabin Electronic Cigarettes - Wholesale and Retail

Devices not recommended
    I DO NOT recommend v2cigs, overpriced, cigalikes for anyone!
    If you want a cigalike, HealthCabin also stock them, look for a 510 manual starter kit. It will be much cheaper & perform the same as the more expensive V2cig kit but these will not work anywhere near as well as the gear I listed above.
    If you decide you still want a cigalike & get the 510 kit, I recommend using these to put your juice in for vaping:
    Great post, somebody should sticky it!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast