Killed a battery I think?

Maybe it's a newbie right of passage?
    The blue light is stuck on my ego mini type battery and it got very hot. Quickly unscrewed it and threw on the side of the road. What's the best way to dispose of these?
    I had been using it on a ce5 at the time. The battery has been in regular use for around a month.
    Also does ambient temperature affect batteries, 28 in cairns today and a few degrees hotter in the car where I was using it.
    Thanks for your help.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I've had a couple egos do that to me, it's like the switch gets stuck. Usually I've found a few rapid vigorous presses will unstick them. But once they start sticking they seem to become repeat offenders, which is one of the reasons I stopped using them. 28 ambient temperature shouldn't be a problem - but leaving them on the car seat on a hot day wouldn't be good probably

AVF Regular
    i've had my battery button get stuck on an ego twist but i was told this happens when not pressed the right way. as spurius said i fixed it by clicking it a few times and all was good in the world. hasn't happened since as i've modified the way i press the button.

but if yours got really hot, enough that you noticed it? i'd ask my supplier if there is a warranty still left on my device, try and get the damn button unstuck...and send it back to them.

worst case just replace it as you can probably get one for between 12-20 bucks. chalk this one down to experience.

I don't need squat for ages, i just went shopping.
    $1800.61 Spent on Vaping so far, stocked up for 2 years @ 8ml/per day.

Sorry this is off-topic but ... Another Cairns vaper! We have a facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/488228321269937/ join if u want...

EDIT: Sorry just saw that u are already in the group. lol
    Last edited by bagurk; 13-08-13 at 04:55 PM.

Thanks everyone, had a bash on the button but can't get it unstuck so have left it in the gutter hoping it eventually runs our of juice, then I'll find a dumpster.
    Thankyou for the OT have joined and will tell others about it. Yay!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 4 Beta