Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Variable Voltage for beginners

Variable Voltage for beginners

What is Variable voltage, is it a must, why do people use it

joe
    I suppose so you can use delivery systems with different ohms to their full potential ..... also they're cool

Think of an ecig as an oven, the coils in the atomizer/clearomizer/cartomizer you are using is food and the vapor you inhale at the end is what the food tastes.. Now an ecig without variable voltage is like an over stuck at 80 degrees.. sure it'll cook the food but it'll take longer and probably won't taste very good. Variable voltage is when you can adjust the temperate to cook it at a right heat, too high and your food will burn and give a burnt taste.. too low and it'll take longer to cook and won't taste right. Just right and you'll get a lovely chicken with roast potatoes and carrots on the side.

May be a bit confusing but yeah =)

[QUOTE=Meeuwsy;301394]Think of an ecig as an oven, the coils in the atomizer/clearomizer/cartomizer you are using is food and the vapor you inhale at the end is what the food tastes.. Now an ecig without variable voltage is like an over stuck at 80 degrees.. sure it'll cook the food but it'll take longer and probably won't taste very good. Variable voltage is when you can adjust the temperate to cook it at a right heat, too high and your food will burn and give a burnt taste.. too low and it'll take longer to cook and won't taste right. Just right and you'll get a lovely chicken with roast potatoes and carrots on the side.

May be a bit confusing but yeah =)[/QUOTE

Yeah, but where do the ohms come into the cooking?
    Last edited by loco man; 15-08-13 at 12:19 AM.
    Meeuwsy likes this.

[QUOTE=loco man;301398]
    Quote Originally Posted by Meeuwsy View Post
    Think of an ecig as an oven, the coils in the atomizer/clearomizer/cartomizer you are using is food and the vapor you inhale at the end is what the food tastes.. Now an ecig without variable voltage is like an over stuck at 80 degrees.. sure it'll cook the food but it'll take longer and probably won't taste very good. Variable voltage is when you can adjust the temperate to cook it at a right heat, too high and your food will burn and give a burnt taste.. too low and it'll take longer to cook and won't taste right. Just right and you'll get a lovely chicken with roast potatoes and carrots on the side.

May be a bit confusing but yeah =)[/QUOTE

Yeah, but where does the ohms come into the cooking?

Different coils ohm = different types of food = needs to be cooked at different temperatures.
    Last edited by Meeuwsy; 15-08-13 at 12:27 AM.

ok because i bought a innokin itaste vv/vw 3 is it easy to adjust the voltage or does it involve modding

Quote Originally Posted by vapingmike View Post
    ok because i bought a innokin itaste vv/vw 3 is it easy to adjust the voltage or does it involve modding
    iTaste VV V3 is a perfect, it also does Variable Wattage, which is like a fully automatic oven and changes the temperature for you. I think the iTaste VV V3 is the smallest profiled variable voltage/wattage device and checks you ohms/resistance as well. Look up iTaste VV V3 on YouTube, videos from Pbusardo and GrimmGreen are pretty good.
    Last edited by Meeuwsy; 15-08-13 at 12:27 AM.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by vapingmike View Post
    + and - buttons to change up and down VV and VW and other button to change between VV and VW, then its a matter of finding what V and W your personally like. Most seem to have Volts with stock clearo'/carto's etc around the 4.0-4.3V and bwteen 6-8 Watts again for stock top devices, once you get iinto rebuild's then you increase your Watts and Volts.

Stopped Smoking On the 4/7/13..Guess when i started Vaping

I understand about voltages but can't get my head around the ohms part and its relationship to the voltage.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by loco man View Post
    I understand about voltages but can't get my head around the ohms part and its relationship to the voltage.
    quick way low ohm coils (1.5-1.8ohms) are Low resistance, do not need as much volts to get hot, High ohm coils (2.0 and above) are High resistance and need more volts to get hot.
    Dont worry about Mechanical MODs for now, thats another whole story with sub ohm coils etc etc.

Stopped Smoking On the 4/7/13..Guess when i started Vaping

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast