Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree185Likes

Thread: Vaping for people with OCD

Vaping for people with OCD

Hi, I'm really new to vaping but want to share my story. I have Aspergers, (considered high functioning on the Autism Spectrum), I have been self medicating with tobacco cigarettes for the last 20 years. I found that the repetitive actions in smoking were really soothing, and in a weird way the action became more addictive than the nicotine. When I was stressed I would chain smoke obsessively, if I wasn't smoking I would be obsessive about everything, which not only annoyed everyone around me, but it meant that I isolated myself from people so they didn't have to have my obsessive behaviour inflicted upon them. I had no idea that e cigs, (PV's) existed until I saw a post in a news forum about these things.

I had a look at them, the way they worked, and the chemicals used, (I research obsessively too ), and decided this was for me. I'm so very glad I did, as soon as my ecig arrived I charged it up and OMG it is brilliant. I can vape obsessively when stressed, without all the health implications from tobacco smoking. The hardware satisfies the nerd in me, (I will probably have many before long).

Anyone who is on the Autism Spectrum knows how repetitive actions can relieve stress and calm a person down in situations where there is stimulation overload, and many I know personally, on the AS, use tobacco cigarettes to self medicate, and they could really benefit from Vaping.

Thanks for such a great forum, I would be interested to see if anyone has had a similar experience

Well done spud, welcome aboard.

Thanks 2 days free of tobacco and counting. I love the taste of the ejuice, and I don't know if its some sort of psychological effect, or if its real, but I feel a difference already, in being able to smell better, and no coughing. Not sure if it happens this quick, but it sure feels good
    jen likes this.

Pretty similar here Spud - but I can tell you as a fellow asspie and nerd your wallet will be taking a dive relative to smoking in the near term as you search for the perfect. There are a lot more on the spectrum here than probably realise it...

Welcome aboard.
    GirlyPantz, fifthflo, jen and 2 others like this.

Yep, its happening already Mathsguy, the posty is gonna get real sick of visiting me At least my money is not going to big tobacco, or the hypocrites in the government. Been vaping non-stop while looking at all the websites and gear available, way too much stimulation
    All opinions expressed by me, are my own, I do not represent, or speak for, anyone but myself.

STOPPED SMOKING 11/08/13 STARTED VAPING 11/08/13

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by spud View Post
    Thanks 2 days free of tobacco and counting. I love the taste of the ejuice, and I don't know if its some sort of psychological effect, or if its real, but I feel a difference already, in being able to smell better, and no coughing. Not sure if it happens this quick, but it sure feels good

well done,yes it does happen that quick for some me included which is another good reason never to go back to the stinkies.Glad you found a nice tasting juice as well took me a while to find anything I really enjoyed,cheers
    GirlyPantz and spud like this.

Hi Toddosh, the juice that came with my starter kit is pretty good, and I've ordered a few different ones over the last couple of days, I'm never going back to the stinkies
    GirlyPantz and Rylee74 like this.
    All opinions expressed by me, are my own, I do not represent, or speak for, anyone but myself.

I am happy to admit I have major OCD.. and yeah.. Vaping has been a great avenue to direct my focus. It has also been rewarding helping converts or (in a couple of cases) tuning up pre-exisiting vapers. Ive had a couple literally jaw dropped at what i have been able to show them regarding "my perfect setup", and they have cloned what i do and love it.. .makes me pretty proud
    pfffftchhchh.jpg
    "It's a Grower....Not a 'Shower'!!!" - Bender B. Rodriguez

Nice to meet you Rylee74, wow, more than a year off the analogs, I look forward to the day I can say the same

Would you mind posting your perfect setup?

Time will fly for you quicker than you think Spud. Here are my setups:

The easy one is the Ego V2 mega 1200mah running at 4.5volts, Boge SR 35mm Cartos, F16 Custom Tank with Vapeking VKRoyal 30pg/70vg @25mg. = everyone i have shown this has blown out. Usoj2Qz.jpg

My "new" setup is a tweaked version of the above but instead of the SLB I use an Innokin Itaste SVD 4.5v @6watts with 3400mah 18650 panasonic batteries. At $37 from fasttech the innokin is only a few dollars more than the SLB mega and you get the perks of VV + VW aswell as being able to use disposable batteries.
    GirlyPantz, margyb and spud like this.
    "It's a Grower....Not a 'Shower'!!!" - Bender B. Rodriguez

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast