Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: First Nic Shipment arrived :)

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me

First Nic Shipment arrived :)

Hey Guys,
    So i thought i just run a little update on my progress away from Analog's to Ecigs...
    Both myself and my Partner are on the same mission and since making the decision to quit the rollies about 2 weeks ago and doing a little research i made an order from Vapebar for 2 EGO C starter kits and some juices...pic below

Vape Vapebar.jpg

And once i realized i would have to order nicotine juice from O/S i placed an order with HeathCabin (HC) and then a few days ago another larger order with MtBakerVapor. Still waiting on the HC order to arrive but i guess i didnt choose express shipment.
    Anyways good news is the MtBakerVapor shipment arrived today and as you can see from the photo ive got plenty of flavours and Nicotine/Mixers to play with, it's gonna be a steep learning curve but im looking forward to trying them all out.

Vape MtBaker.jpg

I will say that even without the nicotine i have cut down on regular cigs a fair bit just puffing on the EGO C with some nice tasting RY4 flavour.
    My question would be as my flavours are all nicotine free what sort of mix ratio would i be aiming for when adding the nicotine 50/50? The Nic Juice im using is 12mg and i was hoping to maybe reduce that down to 6mg which is closer to what ive been smoking (8mg rollies)..
    Any suggestions for a first time mixer?
    Cheers

Nicotine does not absorb into the blood stream as quickly or efficiently via vapor as it does with smoke. Normally the recommendation is to use 2 to 2 1/2 times the nicotine you normally smoke. So my recommendation would be to use 18MG strength nicotine to start with. 12mg at the lowest to start off with in order to stop the cravings. On the other hand, if 6mg does the trick then great.

As a rule of thumb the correct nic strength is whatever stops your cravings for smoking.
    Noe, mrsgruffy and Abraxsas like this.

AVF Regular
    Good luck on your move away from the stinkies there are some good mixing calculators available on this site or plenty of apps for the ph
    And plenty of help available on here Great community for newbies

cheers
    Abraxsas likes this.

Retired Account
    The conclusion drawn by the latest science right now is that regardless of what mg cigarettes you smoked, to get an equivalent blood nicotine level to keep the cravings at bay, you need to start at around 21mg. Here's a quote from Dr. Farsalinos, the Greek cardiologist researcher:

But, 1 cigarette contains 10mg of nicotine (or more). Some of it is destroyed by heat, some is filtered and the rest is inhaled. The information on the packs of cigarettes refers to the amount of nicotine present in the smoke, by using specific conditions of smoke production (35ml puffs, one puff every 60 seconds). Studies have found that this method underestimates true nicotine delivery by 2-fold. I have shown that in order to consume amount of nicotine similar to 1 cigarette you need at least 21mg/ml nicotine-concentration liquid
    You can find the whole article here!
    Noe, Robray, margyb and 2 others like this.

Cool, Thx for the quick replies.....hoping the 12mg juice i got will tide me over (fingers crossed) ....i do have stronger batches on order from HC 24mg and 36mg so if the 12mg juice turns out to low i can strengthen it with the other order.
    But with regard to mixing the flavours into unflavoured nic would a 50/50 be ok? or is that too much too little? much appreciated

I agree with MrsGruffy , Ive tried various %'s of mg and have for the moment settled on 24mg, anything less just had me feeling unsatisfied.
    OFC we need to note that this is all dependant on the end user and at best can be subjective, but my 'cravings ect' were not satisfied until I stepped up to the 24mg rung on the ladder. My long term goal is to drop this down somewhat, but I havent the desire to do so yet.

If you want 6mg with your 12mg nic then just 50/50 it. Another thing to also note for you being a new vapour is the PG/VG ratios of your juices and nicotine. PG juice tends to "taste fuller in flavour, and imho be a bit hotter on the throat especially dekang." VG juice will give you much more vapour (plumes), be cooler to the throat and a little less on the flavoursome side.

Feel like a sir.jpg
    Noe and Abraxsas like this.
    "It's a Grower....Not a 'Shower'!!!" - Bender B. Rodriguez

Quote Originally Posted by Abraxsas View Post
    Wow. You don't do things by half. That's a mother load of juice!
    margyb, Rylee74, Caffeind and 1 others like this.

Retired Account
    The flavours which you bought from vapebar are most likely to be doublers? That means they're intended to be mixed 50:50 with a non flavoured nicotine liquid at double the concentration of nicotine as you want in the final mix. If you wanted to make 12mg, then you'd use 24mg to add to the doublers.
    I'm not very familiar with the other company you've bought from, but it's quite likely that they are intended to be vaped just as you got them?

Figured id start with a wide range of flavours and hopefully find something that can replace a 20yr pack a day addiction satisfactorily.
    Truth is though i have no idea how long these little flavour bottles will last, no clue as to if they should be diluted so i went for more than less :P
    Really its the mods that caught my attention.....guessing i will upgrade from the EGO C's to a PROvari when i can afford it, then who knows....so many shinies out there.

Quote Originally Posted by mrsgruffy View Post
    The flavours which you bought from vapebar are most likely to be doublers? That means they're intended to be mixed 50:50 with a non flavoured nicotine liquid at double the concentration of nicotine as you want in the final mix. If you wanted to make 12mg, then you'd use 24mg to add to the doublers.
    I'm not very familiar with the other company you've bought from, but it's quite likely that they are intended to be vaped just as you got them?
    Ahhhh TY now that makes a little sense...when i tried the ones from Vapebar straight up they seemed way to strong....
    Anyone know about MtBakerVaper ejuice or should i try another thread?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast