Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree71Likes

Thread: Any advice for someone waiting for nic to arrive?

Unhappy Any advice for someone waiting for nic to arrive?

Its late here, and I'm still up, now onto day 4 with no smokes, I'm really hanging out for the nic to arrive, Hope it gets here soon, I live in the country and things always take longer to get here. There is an old joke here, "what does WA stand for, Wait Awhile".

I have some carto's with 0 nic, and they are ok, but I'm not the nicest person to be around at the moment, and I really don't want to go back to the rollies when in a couple of days the nic will arrive. Its taken a huge amount of will power to get this far, if I go back on the rollies, even temporarily it will feel like a huge failure to me.

Any advice about what to do in the mean time would be much appreciated
    All opinions expressed by me, are my own, I do not represent, or speak for, anyone but myself.

STOPPED SMOKING 11/08/13 STARTED VAPING 11/08/13

AVF Regular
    I have two ideas;

1. Have a bloody cigarette! Why are you punishing yourself instead of waiting for your nic to arrive and doing it painlessly?

2. PM me your address and I'll send you some by express post to get you through. I can post first thing Monday and it should get to you Tue (in an ideal universe that doesn't include the real AustPost that is!).
    Noe, Australis, Cath Mort and 5 others like this.

I can't believe I'm saying this but have you thought about wearing patches while you vape no nic and wait for your nic to arrive ?
    margyb, jen, fabricator4 and 1 others like this.

Thanks Jen, I guess its a pigheaded thing with me, I really don't want to have a smoke, I know, I know, I'm my own worst enemy, but it would feel like I've failed. Sounds silly I guess, but not so much punishing myself, but needing to know that I'm not useless. (sheesh, that sounds like self pity, maybe I should just go to bed).

Thanks for the offer of the juice, but the stuff I've ordered should be here by Tuesday at the latest anyway, your offer was really kind so thank you anyway.

I laugh when I see express post advertised as overnight, here its more like 3 days, like I said, wait awhile.

I'm new to this whole thing, but I have realised that I'm gonna make sure I stock up on the basics, I'm not ready to give up the nic just yet.

I'll get through the weekend by using what I've got and keeping busy, theres always bloody housework to do, (gawd, now that is pathetic).

Going to bed now, night night
    All opinions expressed by me, are my own, I do not represent, or speak for, anyone but myself.

Now that's an idea, and I know that woolies has the gum, thanks very much

Break your habits. Do stuff you don't normally do and hopefully the situations where it is habit for you to smoke don't present themselves.

Otherwise, yeah, get patches or gum or just have a smoke. Normally you wouldn't hear someone say that but given how awesome vaping is compared to smoking, once your juice arrives you'll have no prob ditching the durries in the bin (if that's your goal).

Cheers,
    Caff.
    JenJ and spud like this.

Thanks Caff, it is indeed my goal to ditch the durries, I just mistimed things I guess. Didn't count on the nic taking longer than the gear I bought in Aus. (dumb really). I really enjoy the vaping I've done so far, even though its been basic compared to what many on here are doing, I'm really looking forward to getting into vaping in more depth.

People are fantastic in this forum site, should have known vaper's would be cool
    Caffeind likes this.

AVF Regular
    How far in the country are you spud...if it's Kununurra I probably can't help you, but if it's closer to Perth there might be a way?

I feel bad in my gut to think of you going through this totally unnecessary pain, especially when your nic may not arrive by Tues. If it's taken a detour through customs it might be another week.

It's probably hard to believe but it will be as easy as falling off a log when you are using nic juice so it's hard to think of you going through pointless pain now when you will just stop effortlessly later.

The patches are a good idea though, if there is no way to get nicotine. The mints and gum might ease things a bit too I guess, but I've heard they aren't that good. I tried the mints and spat it out because it tasted so bad.

Valium??
    Caffeind and spud like this.

Well, I was a bit of a **** when I first arrived, but everyone else is great.

Don't stress too much, your juice will arrive and you already enjoy the vape and are obviously over smoking.

You're already down the path to the new, empowered you.
    308hjute, fabricator4 and spud like this.

shitttttloads of gum
    spud likes this.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast