Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: Went a bit crazy with purchases

Went a bit crazy with purchases

Hello, I've started my vaping experience this week with a V2 Stardust Clearomizers and eGo-C kit. The juice I got with it was 30mg with 0 nic. I also received a sample of a 'doubler' I was keen to try it, so I looked into finding unflavoured nicotine of which I purchased 60/40 PG/VG in 24mg nicotine.. 100ml of it ... as well as 50ml of premixed tobacco flavored juice which has 12mg nicotine. I mixed 50% of the unflavoured nicotine into the doubler without actual measurement but I assume it makes the juice 12mg of nicotine? I have no idea what to do with so much liquid nicotine... storage seems difficult as it is. I feel scared of it getting anywhere and I found the clearomizers to leak quite a bit. I'm a 20 a day smoker, and I find myself constantly vaping.. and despite that I go through half to a ml every session, the amount of liquid I have seems way too excessive. Will the liquid go off? They will probably sit for 12 months at least and I'd like to get to vaping nicotine-free ASAP. Any suggestions, am I allowed to resell the nicotine liquids and if so where?

Cheers
    Last edited by Manlee; 18-08-13 at 09:12 AM.

Keep the nicotine in a dark and cool place, it will be right for up to 24 months. And even then, it doesn't 'go off', the best before is based on the medium the nicotine is in, not the nicotine itself.
    Manlee likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Manlee View Post
    Hello, I've started my vaping experience this week with a V2 Stardust Clearomizers and eGo-C kit. The juice I got with it was 30mg with 0 nic. I also received a sample of a 'doubler' (I found it a bit silly to send samples to newbies that are not ready to be use out-of-box) but I was keen to try it, so I looked into finding unflavoured nicotine of which I purchased 60/40 PG/VG in 24mg nicotine.. 100ml of it ... as well as 50ml of premixed tobacco flavored juice which has 12mg nicotine. I mixed 50% of the unflavoured nicotine into the doubler without actual measurement but I assume it makes the juice 12mg of nicotine? I have no idea what to do with so much liquid nicotine... storage seems difficult as it is. I feel scared of it getting anywhere and I found the clearomizers to leak quite a bit. I'm a 20 a day smoker, and I find myself constantly vaping.. and despite that I go through half to a ml every session, the amount of liquid I have seems way too excessive. Will the liquid go off? They will probably sit for 12 months at least and I'd like to get to vaping nicotine-free ASAP. Any suggestions, am I allowed to resell the nicotine liquids and if so where?

Cheers
    100ml of nicotine is not much at all! Some people get a litre or several litres. Don't be too fanatical about spilling it on yourself, 24mg is not very poisonous to you. But if you have small children or pets don't let them anywhere near it.

It's best to store it in a glass bottle with a child proof cap, in the fridge or freezer. I always write POISON on it in big letters in red permanent marker to make it really obvious just to be on the safe side.

I think it's pretty normal in the beginning to be constantly vaping, but it's likely that the nic level is not high enough for you. I would increase it to 18mg and you will probably calm down with the chain vaping. There is a good thread here by forum member Noe about nic levels for new vapers: Noe's Newbie guide to nicotine juice consumption & strength.

I would order some more nic in 36mg/ml, and get at least 250ml, so it is simple to mix with doublers 50/50 to get 18m. It's easier to make the level lower with 36mg/ml nic than it is to make it higher with 24mg/ml -you will lose flavour trying to do this as you will need more nic juice than flavour doubler in the mix.
    Samtron, Caffeind and Manlee like this.

Thanks people. The unflavoured nicotine came in a plastic dripping bottle, I've stored the bottle into the package it came in and placed it high up in a dark corner. The amount of information can be so confusing and the transition from cigarettes to just vaping is daunting. I can go through 1ml in 20 minutes which from what I read - if I read correctly - equates to 10 cigs? I never smoked that fast, I'm not sure the puff vs. vape ratio meets. I'd like to vape all day

I'm really enjoying the doubler and unflavoured nicotine mix, it's quality but I find myself switching to the 0mg for prolonged use as there is more vape in the air, I'm afraid of nicotine overdose and I think my deal is more oral fixation than anything else, either way I think I'd rather not get into the mixing process and stick to premades. Am I allowed to resell the nicotine liquid within Australia?

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    100ml of 24mg/ml nic is all you got?
    ORDER MORE NOW!

As much as you want to get off of nicotine quickly as possible, trying to rush it is a sure way to end up back on the cancer sticks.
    You will use around 30ml of juice per week, so that 100ml, mixed with doublers to 12mg/ml strength will last around 7 weeks.
    Not nearly long enough to wean yourself off IMO.
    Also 18mg/ml is going to be a better strength for you to vape at initially, like I said don't rush it.

As a 20 a day smoker you were absorbing approx 20mg/ml per day of nicotine + all the other chemicals in burning tobacco that reinforce the nicotine addiction, some of which are addictive also.
    Take it a step at a time, first get your body used to not needing all the other chemicals (all 4000+ of them), then think about dropping your nic intake.
    At 12mg/ml you need to be vaping 5ml per day to get the same amount of nic absorption as you were from 20 cancer sticks, at 18mg/ml you would need to vape around 3.5ml.
    Since the hand to mouth action is a big part of the act of smoking & vaping works in the same way, the higher strength nic is better for you if you want to give up completely.
    Using the lower strength nic means you will be vaping more often & reinforcing your habit, vaping a higher strength means you can put the PV down for longer periods & not reinforce the habit as much.
    margyb, JenJ, CindyC and 1 others like this.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

Thanks people. The unflavoured nicotine came in a plastic dripping bottle, I've stored the bottle into the package it came in and placed it high up in a dark corner. The amount of information can be so confusing and the transition from cigarettes to just vaping is daunting. I can go through 1ml in 20 minutes which from what I read - if I read correctly - equates to 10 cigs?
    Based on Noes formula, I'd say 5-6ml @ 12mg nic would be a pack. 1ml would be 2-3 cigs I think.
    Manlee likes this.

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    Thanks people. The unflavoured nicotine came in a plastic dripping bottle, I've stored the bottle into the package it came in and placed it high up in a dark corner. The amount of information can be so confusing and the transition from cigarettes to just vaping is daunting. I can go through 1ml in 20 minutes which from what I read - if I read correctly - equates to 10 cigs? I never smoked that fast, I'm not sure the puff vs. vape ratio meets. I'd like to vape all day

I'm really enjoying the doubler and unflavoured nicotine mix, it's quality but I find myself switching to the 0mg for prolonged use as there is more vape in the air, I'm afraid of nicotine overdose and I think my deal is more oral fixation than anything else, either way I think I'd rather not get into the mixing process and stick to premades. Am I allowed to resell the nicotine liquid within Australia?
    To answer the highlighted part, no, that is not right at all.
    To equal 10 smokes you would have to be vaping 30mg/ml, I am a heavy vaper, who sometimes vapes at 30mg/ml & I can tell you there is no way you'd be vaping 1ml of that strength in 20minutes.
    Manlee likes this.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

AVF Regular
    No, I think it's illegal to resell the nic liquid. But you could swap with someone for some premixed juice -I think?

Anyway, I would hang onto it as there is a good chance you will need it sometime, and it doesn't go off for ages anyway.

A lot of people have two different nic level mixes. I have one 18mg which I vape when I know I've only got a few minutes break or I haven't vaped for a few hours. All my other juices are between 8-12mg for when I have time to chain vape.

Also, bear in mind that the nicotine absorption with vaping is much slower than with smoking. When you have a cigarette the nic level in you blood peaks almost immediately. When you vape it takes longer for the nic levels in your blood to rise to what they'd be if you smoked a cigarette....something like 15-20 minutes if I remember correctly.

Vaping is different to smoking in many ways and it takes a while to get accustomed to the different nic delivery method. I still think you need to increase your nic level. I ignored the importance of nicotine in the beginning and found myself vaping constantly and feeling frustrated. Once I increased it everything settled down. Just try vaping 18mg for a day and see if you notice a difference...I'm not trying to be drug pusher here, just offering suggestions to make the transition from smoking to vaping smoother for you.

It's hard to imagine you will OD on nic if you are only vaping 12mg or less.
    Cath Mort, purplgirl and Manlee like this.

AVF Regular
    as has been said, 100ml of 24mg isn't really all that much. and 24mg isn't strong enough to do you any harm if you spill a few drops on yourself. just wash your hands when you've finished mixing with it. I don't think it would be possible to actually kill yourself of a nic over dose while you were vaping. you'd feel too sick to get to a point of dying. if you start feeling nauseous and headachey, just put your pv down for a while til you feel better. try and relax and just enjoy the fact that you've found something that will very likely get you off the horrid old cancer sticks
    its all good.jpg
    Caffeind and Manlee like this.

Unlike alcohol which you can overdose on very easily, inhalation of substances is restricted to your conscious state only. If you pass out you start breathing air again. If you pass out drunk you still might have a litre of alcohol to process and thus die from an OD.

Quote Originally Posted by JenJ View Post
    No, I think it's illegal to resell the nic liquid.
    I'm pretty sure, in Australia, it is illegal to sell OR supply nicotine.

But it's also illegal to drive in South Australia without two flag bearers in front of your carriage to warn pedestrians.
    Last edited by Caffeind; 17-08-13 at 03:25 PM.
    Vapes of Groth, JenJ and Manlee like this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast