Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Advice needed

AVF Regular

Advice needed

Hi guys

I'm only new to vaping very new in fact I've been a long time smoker 15 + yrs and I wanted to cut down and eventually kick conventional smoking, so I decided to try vaping and I went for the one that looked like a normal cigarette made by elusion.

I got the started kit along with some extra low strength nicotine cartridges. I then started happily vaping although I wasn't overly impressed with the amount of vapour and throat hit from what I bought to sample, but I persisted both myself and my partner were giving it a go but only after a day we both felt slightly ill, I was feeling like I was a bit delayed with everything slightly spaced out and a bit of a head ache and my partner said she didn't feel quite right either and later that night her heart was racing slightly.

The only thing I could think of is we had to draw back quite hard to get vapour could we have ingested some of the solution or could the product be faulty or has anyone else had a similar experience.

Would be great to get some feedback as I do see this as my alternative to my smoking.

AVF Regular
    Ben that sounds like a nicotine overdose to me or a reaction to PG. The elusion cartridges are all 100% pg from memory and some people react to it. Drink lots of water while you are vaping (or any other beverage) The racing heart and headache is more likely to be the nicotine. Which cartridge strength did you get ? Nicotine absorption from vaping is slightly different to that of normal smoking in that you absorb most of it through the mucous membranes in your mouth so you may in fact actually be getting more nicotine that you were previously used to especially if you were vaping them quite hard.

And yes most of us have experienced this at one time or another. The other thing to look out for will be a sore throat (possibly), sore mouth/tongue. I would recommend that you look at getting something to replace the elusion and its (expensive) prefilled cartridges. If you have a look at the new vapers shopping list there is lots of information there to help you out.
    Last edited by LizBiz25; 20-08-13 at 06:35 PM.
    purplgirl and spud like this.

AVF Regular
    haven't had the same experience, but it sounds like you could be getting too much nicotine, which I know sounds odd because of the low strength cartridges, but maybe because you're not getting the throat hit and vaper production you're expecting, you might be over-compensating.

At the risk of suggesting you go out and buy more kit, perhaps you should look at a slightly more advanced mod (like a Innoken itaste or an ego twist battery with some clearomisers (ignore my fiddly clearomiser post lol)).

Also, make sure you keep your fluids up, vaping can certainly dehydrate you, and that could be giving you those side-affects.
    spud likes this.

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    Firstly , welcome to AVF

It's unlikely you ingested enough liquid to make you sick.
    More than likely it was a coincidence & you picked up some virus or other bug, one of those 24hr or 48hr ones.

Elusion are crap though & cigalikes, while looking familiar & what many new vapers start on, are not very good if you plan to give vaping a real shot. Most new vapers ditch them for something with better battery life & that produces better vapor, within a couple of weeks.

See my post here for a list of cheap but good gear for newbies : NEW MEMBERS: Introduce yourself here!!!
    purplgirl likes this.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

AVF Regular
    Sounds like the symptoms of a little too much nicotine in your system.

Hard to tell exactly what nicotine % is in those prefilled cartridges. Most of us here use rechargable batteries and refillable catridges and we can control the amount of nicotine strength in our liquid.
    margyb likes this.

$3642 Spent on Vaping

Noe
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    Not sure it would be a nic OD, either, although it may have been.
    How much did/do you & your partner smoke per day on average?
    And how many of the pre-filled carts did you use in a day?
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

AVF Regular
    Thanks guys thats useful information I want to give this a real go because to be honest I love smoking but would prefer this as an alternative, I just found it strange that with the low dose of nic I would react but I was really sucking it back and as soon as I realised how little throat hit I'd gotten I should have gone for the one that doesn't look like a cigarette.
    I'm just browsing around the forum now and hadn't realised how much I didn't know considering I thought I did my research lol
    purplgirl and spud like this.

Noe
    Quote Originally Posted by ben_76 View Post
    Thanks guys thats useful information I want to give this a real go because to be honest I love smoking but would prefer this as an alternative, I just found it strange that with the low dose of nic I would react but I was really sucking it back and as soon as I realised how little throat hit I'd gotten I should have gone for the one that doesn't look like a cigarette.
    I'm just browsing around the forum now and hadn't realised how much I didn't know considering I thought I did my research lol
    The gear in my list will give you a decent vape, I still use something similar to those batteries occasionally & find it to be a good vape. There is no need to spend mega bucks to get started & be satisfied
    Essie's Glass DTs

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Noe View Post
    Not sure it would be a nic OD, either, although it may have been.
    How much did/do you & your partner smoke per day on average?
    And how many of the pre-filled carts did you use in a day?
    I'm a 15 to 20 a day smoker and my partner slightly less but we wouldn't have used any entirely we were just trying it out basically I probably used it more than she but I would guess I used it 5 or so times and tried to treat it as a normal cigarette length if that makes sense

Noe
    So you had maybe 5 -10 puffs at a time 5 times?
    In what period would you guess you used it in those 5 times & did you smoke at the same time?
    Essie's Glass DTs

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast