Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: EGO vs Caravela?

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me

EGO vs Caravela?

So me and my partner are 3 days roughly without the stinkies sofar so good, but the truth is i really want to get myself one of those shiny mods and start tinkering. My question is what is the difference between say my EGO-c/Clearomiser and a Caravela, Foggatti, Kayfun etc Is it a noticably smoother nicer flavour stronger hit or is the difference pretty sublte.....i guess im looking for some justification. But even if there is none i think my mind is made up lol

ego is regulated output (3.4v??) whereas other devices you mentioned like caravela isnt. Caravela will output whatever your battery (powered by removable 18xxx series batteries) output (4.2v max all the way down, but you dont really want to go lower than 3.2v)

kayfun and foggatti are rebuildable atomiser where you build your own wick and coil as opposed to factory made one like clearo/carto. the upside to it you can easily control whatever resistance you want your atomiser to be as opposed to clearo/carto which typically only offer 1.5, 1.8, 2.0, 2.4ohm

foggatti hybrid is combination of the battery tube and the top part (atty) as one whole device

strong throat hit depends on your nic level, airhole size, pg level and wick material (mesh vs silica). ss mesh will delivery harsher throat hit than silica in general

hope it helps
    TheDishD and Abraxsas like this.

My first step from a basic ego was a variable voltage device, then variable voltage and variable wattage. Try an Innokin itaste SVD ($37 from Slowtech) with a carto tank, you can always whack a RBA on it later as you gain more expertise in the field. Im not a fan of mech mods or RBA's at the mo, they are just tooo much messing around to 'get it right'. I like to keep it simple and pop on a carto tank or bottom coil clearo (kanga protank 2 i like) and vape away.

Feel like a sir.jpg
    Abraxsas likes this.
    "It's a Grower....Not a 'Shower'!!!" - Bender B. Rodriguez

And heres me...still learning the lingo and im already trying to get on a Carvela List So much to learn.....but yeah i think maybe upgrading to a VV device is what ill do next and grab a RBA to tinker with on the side. thx for the replies

Quote Originally Posted by Abraxsas View Post
    im already trying to get on a Carvela List
    one advice i can give you, forget about this
    TheDishD likes this.

AVF Regular
    EGO and similar:
    Is a battery that discharges constant volts. Will give you the same taste and throat hit untill it stops.

VV & VW:
    Are either a battery or a tube that requires batteries size 18XXX. You choose the volts /watts that you want.

Caravela and other mech mods:
    Are a tube that requires batteries size 18XXX. This gives you the maximum volts and will decrease as the battery looses power.

They are the 'bases' avaliable. You then put ontop what clearo/carto/RBA etc you want that suits both the mod and yourself.

YouTube and the forum is your friend! It is very overwhelming when you first start.

It all depends on the vaper. Some just want an easy way of doing so and are not after all the shinies. Vaping is a very personal thing and mods, throat hit, flavor etc will change from person to person.

Good luck
    Abraxsas likes this.
    supporter of genuine mods and attys

Clearo + Ego = Easy

Mod + rebuildable = Easy, but only once you've played around for a while and figured what works for you.

I'd suggest is you're really interested pick up a cheap chinese mod and rebuildable and see if it's for you ( you have to factor in batteries, charger as well) rather than blowing big cash first up.
    Abraxsas likes this.

AVF Regular
    Hey Abraxsas, I am pretty much in the same boat as you, I am getting started in vaping and the world of possibilities is opening up. I want to try everything and see how it all works. I just put in an order with slowtech for a couple of cheap rebuildable drippers IGO-L and IGO-W. Pretty sure these are dodgy clones but they will give me something to play with and I dont mind if I accidentally destroy them.
    It would be worth getting a VV/VW (Variable Voltage / Variable Wattage) mod as well so that you can 1. Check your resistance and 2. Finetune the power out of your device to get the best vape.
    Abraxsas likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by silverx View Post
    one advice i can give you, forget about this
    Never.....lol....one has to dream.....but upon joining the Caravela forum im beginning to see much of a wait this might be....But it cant hurt to try, never know i might get lucky
    Last edited by Abraxsas; 21-08-13 at 05:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ssstahly View Post
    EGO and similar:
    Is a battery that discharges constant volts. Will give you the same taste and throat hit untill it stops.

VV & VW:
    Are either a battery or a tube that requires batteries size 18XXX. You choose the volts /watts that you want.

Caravela and other mech mods:
    Are a tube that requires batteries size 18XXX. This gives you the maximum volts and will decrease as the battery looses power.

They are the 'bases' avaliable. You then put ontop what clearo/carto/RBA etc you want that suits both the mod and yourself.

YouTube and the forum is your friend! It is very overwhelming when you first start.

It all depends on the vaper. Some just want an easy way of doing so and are not after all the shinies. Vaping is a very personal thing and mods, throat hit, flavor etc will change from person to person.

Good luck
    Cheers, yeah i like the quick n easy approach but i definitely find the shiny mods very tantalising...I actually cant afford to go high end Mods just yet but im sure gonna try some of the cheaper mods to learn the ropes so to speak. Would hate to own a Carvela and do something Noobish like blow it pieces or worse yet "Scratch it" lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast