Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By T7x
  • 2 Post By mrsgruffy
  • 1 Post By lewy
  • 2 Post By Rylee74

Thread: Need advice on mixing juice

Need advice on mixing juice

Gday fellas,

I've been silently browsing this forum for weeks now. I have a whole bunch of questions that i haven't stumbled upon answers for just yet.

I'd like to get into mixing my own. Currently i have a a bottle of 36mg nic 80/20 pg/vg and ive been mixing it with some doublers from juicewhore. So far ive only enjoyed 2 out of a dozen or so flavours ive tried. So i want to start playing around with mixing my own.

Here's my questions:

1) I'm confused with is the Nic mixing. Do i buy nic in 50/50 or 100%pg? I want to try different percentage combinations of pg and vg, so i will get a bottle of pg and a bottle of vg so i can mix whatever combo. But how do i mix the right mg of nic into that with full pg or 50/50 or whatever? Its done my head in

2) Also im confused about what mg of nic i should get. I was never a heavy smoker and could go a week without one so i dont think im really addicted to the nic, i'd just have a smoke or 2 when i got home from work or a pack when on the beers. So i'd like to get a very low mg (maybe 12?) So if i wanted 12 i get 24mg? And if i wanted to get less then 12 nic how do i mix that in? I'd like to ween myself to nic free juice

3) I'm going to buy my Nic from RTS Vapes. Should i grab my flavours from there aswell? They stock The Flavor Apprentice & Flavour Art, any good? If not can anybody recommend a good place to get flavours so i dont waste money on 20 flavours from a crappy brand?

4) Do you guys use syringes or dropper bottles or what when mixing juice? Ive been using the syringe and its so annoying trying to get in juice with the tiny little needle.

And lastly i just wanna say this is a great forum with so much helpful info, its helped me buy all the right gear so far.. so cheers

T7x
    AVF Regular
    Get 50/50 nic it's more versatile and will blend better with flavours
    Get 60mg and just lower ratio of nic added not use crappy flavour less (like 20% nic juice at 60mg is gonna work out alot cheaper as vg/pg alone are so much cheaper than with nic and your postage is gonna be bonkers if you get huge amounts of low nic fluid flown over
    Rts flavours are nice but got a long delivery time
    Syringes ftw
    Posted from my Tardis.
    Last edited by T7x; 21-08-13 at 11:32 PM.
    lewy likes this.
    Do you know de way 👺

Retired Account
    There are calculators which will help you with all of this. Personally, I have been using 100mg/mL 100% PG nicotine since my second order. I find the maths is easier this way.
    Finding 2 flavours you like in your first 10 flavours is pretty much par for the course. It's a good idea to order very small volumes of a lot of flavours to start with, and you will find you can sell off pretty much anything that isn't to your taste in the classies here, or give it to a newbie if you can afford to take the financial loss.

If you're not addicted to nicotine, and as a smoker you could go a week between cigarettes, I can't see any reason why you'd even bother putting nicotine in your flavours. I smoked 50 a day until 9 months ago, and I'm currently vaping liquids between 5mg/mL and 10mg/mL, and enjoying the ever so slight stimulation I get from the nicotine (in about the same way as I enjoy the hit from my first coffee of the day).

I use syringes, without the needles, and disposable pipettes. Getting the measurements correct is important.

Finally, flavour is very subjective. Get as many as you can from as many different sources as you can in the first few months. You will end up with a good few that you prefer, and that you can then order larger volumes of. There are literally 1000s of flavours to choose from, from all over the world. I have about 300 concentrates on hand at the moment, and have tasted about 100 of them. This is my hobby though.. I don't really spend money on anything else of any significance, and eventually I will give away the flavours I've found that are absolutely not to my (our) taste. However, with steeping time, I give a flavour the benefit of the doubt.. it may very well improve over time if left alone in a cool dark place, and I've only been vaping for 9 months, so I'm not ready to part with anything yet

In terms of measuring, when working with concentrates that all have the same dropper type, I measure how many drops make up 1 mL using a 1 mL syringe. Since some concentrates are very strong, sometimes you're talking about less than 1 mL of flavouring in a 30mL bottle. Once I know how many drops make up a mL for a particular brand, I measure super concentrated flavourings by the drop.

Good luck with finding your own favourite flavours!
    DEATHGUYJ and lewy like this.

Thanks for the helpful replies

That's a good point about the Nic Mrs gruff. I'll just grab some PG & VG locally and start watering down my current nic

So if I have 36mg nic juice and say I put that 50/50 with a pg/vg mix which will bring the nic down to 18mg. Then put that mixture 50/50 with a doubler. That would be 9mg of nic and the right amount of flavour?
    Is that how it would work?
    mrsgruffy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by lewy View Post
    Thanks for the helpful replies

That's a good point about the Nic Mrs gruff. I'll just grab some PG & VG locally and start watering down my current nic

So if I have 36mg nic juice and say I put that 50/50 with a pg/vg mix which will bring the nic down to 18mg. Then put that mixture 50/50 with a doubler. That would be 9mg of nic and the right amount of flavour?
    Is that how it would work?
    Spot on with your maths there mate. I Personally use 100vg nic at twice the strength of my juice. Most doublers and concentrates are PG based so if i mix half half (doubler) or half nic 40%pg and %10 concentrate i get a 50/50 end product, nice taste and nice vape. I will admit though i prefer my juices 30/70 so i tend to add VG inplace of PG in my brews.

Friki.jpg
    Last edited by Rylee74; 22-08-13 at 08:41 PM.
    T7x and lewy like this.
    "It's a Grower....Not a 'Shower'!!!" - Bender B. Rodriguez