Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Coming to Australia and want to bring my vape and liquids. What do I do?

Question Coming to Australia and want to bring my vape and liquids. What do I do?

Hi Everybody!

I've been using a vape for about a month now, and it's the perfect tool to give up smoking.

I live in Paris and my gf and I are coming to Australia, for a 5 week vacation, flying to Perth and will be travelling up and down the coast of WA.

Now I've been reading a whole lot of conflicting information about the legality of using nicotine containing e-liquid in my vape in Australia.
    Of course I would like to bring in the nicotine containing e-liquids I bought here in Paris (where it's legal), but I'm not sure if I can fly in to Perth with all my stuff without getting into trouble.

As the whole situation seems somewhat murky, I thought I'd ask the knowledgeable members if this forum a few questions.

1) Can I fly into Australia (specifically Perth,WA) with nicotine containing e-liquid. (150-200ml for about 5 weeks.)
    2) Do I need to declare it at customs?
    3) Have any of you ever flown into Australia with vapes and nictotine containing e-liquid?
    4) Would it help if I had a prescription from my doctor for this?

It would be great if you could answer these questions for me!
    Thanks in advance and very much looking forward to coming!

cheers,

nodeworx
    Last edited by nodeworx; 23-08-13 at 10:36 AM.

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    Welcome to AVF

1. Yes, put it in your carry on luggage in a zip lock bag in 100ml or smaller bottles.
    2. No
    3. Yes.
    4. No.

If for some stupid reason they change the laws & your nic gets confiscated, there are plenty of us in Perth that can hook you up.
    coal miner, TheDishD and Caffeind like this.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

Hey,

thanks for the quick reply. That already helps!

Just one or two follow up questions while I'm at it.

You mention putting everything into my carry on luggage.
    I was more or less planning on leaving all the liquid in the checked baggage as I won't be need THAT much during the trip itself.

Is there any advantage to having everything in the carry on luggage as opposed to having it in my checked bags?

Also, I'll be flying through Hong Kong as well getting here, anybody have some experiences with that?
    I hear that e-cigarettes are totally forbidden there?

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    In checked luggage, it was be scanned at customs & they may ask you to take it out to show them, costing you time

No idea about HK.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

I think I may have mentioned this is another thred ..... I got my first vape in berlin.... had the ecig with carry on juice in luggage no problems at all.... sorry for the short response using my phone to type is the worst

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 2

AussieVapers approved Vendor
    I've had my e-cig batteries looked at a few times going through the check point, but just said it was ecigs and they gave them back. no problem. This was domestic though
    ybnice likes this.
    Signature link removed. Violation of vendor rules.

http://forums.aussievapers.com/forum-announcements-feedback/16371-avf-moving-forward.html

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    Some years ago - I transited through HK with a bottle of Bailey's Irish cream. Down the ramp from the departure lounge for boarding, there was yet another security check. The agent said "No alcohol allowed into Australia" - But this is Duty Free i complained. "You give bottle or no board plane"
    Arriving in Sydney - 7 packets of cigarettes confiscated from my carton of 10.
    Welcome home !!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Noe View Post
    Welcome to AVF

1. Yes, put it in your carry on luggage in a zip lock bag in 100ml or smaller bottles.
    2. No
    3. Yes.
    4. No.

If for some stupid reason they change the laws & your nic gets confiscated, there are plenty of us in Perth that can hook you up.

Thanks - having trolled the various gov.au sites for some official guidelines, I am hoping your advice is still valid as of 30th March 2017.
    My liquid retailer here in Paris was full of dire warnings about bringing any fluids containing nicotine into Australia as it is considered a Class 1 drug????
    "You could be refused entry, fined, jailed" etc. etc.
    Fingers crossed

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by ozfrog View Post
    Thanks - having trolled the various gov.au sites for some official guidelines, I am hoping your advice is still valid as of 30th March 2017.
    My liquid retailer here in Paris was full of dire warnings about bringing any fluids containing nicotine into Australia as it is considered a Class 1 drug????
    "You could be refused entry, fined, jailed" etc. etc.
    Fingers crossed

No, it's a class 7 dangerous poison LOL

Not worth the feds worrying about really.

I bought some paint stripper last week - it's only class 6, allowed to be sold in places that need to do so, like hardware stores. One spot on your skin and you can feel it eating your skin off, nitinol gloves lasted less than two minutes - far more dangerous in my opinion.

Edit to add: Don't worry you'll be fine. There isn't even a requirement to declare it.
    Last edited by fabricator4; 30-03-17 at 08:34 PM.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by Noe View Post
    Welcome to AVF

2. No
    3. Yes.
    4. No.

Hello,

Very helpful response.
    Quick question, we live in WA and are coming back in a week from our holiday to the Uk, are we able to bring back our capers with liquid, most of it is non nicotine liquid, but will have some nicotine liquid. We are planning on putting it in our checked language. Also we have a couple of friends who want one, would we be able to bring them back a vape too?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast