Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Atomizers resistance?

Atomizers resistance?

I have no clue what it is or what I should get. So I'd obvious I need educating on this one. I've ordered some in my first order and all I did was check what it came with and picked that but that ain't teaching me what it's for.

Oh and if someone can steer me in the right direction for the cheapest protank minis and clearomizers at an Aussie site it would be much appreciated coz I'm looking and it's taking forever coz I'm not familiar with any Aussie sites yet as they were expensive for kits and all the ones I've looked at sho far dint have protanks. Thanx

T7x
    AVF Regular
    It's the Ohms, it might be marked on the side like 2.5Ω. or you can use a mod like the SVD to check the ohms, or use a multimeter... it should most likely be on the box, item or site you purchased it from though...
    It's the resistance of the coil in the device and to some extent higher ohm's means more kanthal wire in the device so if you can achieve the same wattage with higher ohms you may get more vapour.

An atomizer is a device you drip liquid into the wick on and electricity pulses through the kanthal and heats it due to resistance (Ω ohms) they produce great amounts of delicious vapour with a good throat hit.
    Do you know de way 👺

T7x
    AVF Regular
    Deliciousmonsta has cheap protanks of all varieties but only until tonight monday 26th.
    purplgirl likes this.
    Do you know de way 👺

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by purplgirl View Post
    Oh and if someone can steer me in the right direction for the cheapest protank minis and clearomizers at an Aussie site it would be much appreciated coz I'm looking and it's taking forever coz I'm not familiar with any Aussie sites yet as they were expensive for kits and all the ones I've looked at sho far dint have protanks. Thanx
    Kanger ProTanks - Delicious Monsta

Store run by alegria, i think the best priced mini's in Aus atm..

as to resistance atties, if you use eGo style batteries then Standard resistance atties (those above 1.5ohm's will work best, but Low resistance atties will work but run your battery flatter quicker)
    purplgirl likes this.

Stopped Smoking On the 4/7/13..Guess when i started Vaping

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    I Like 1.8ohm - 2.2ohm atties on a standard eGo type batt, any higher & the vape is a bit weak IMO.

The higher the ohms the more volts you need to run the atty on, to get the "sweet spot" for vaping.
    purplgirl likes this.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

Does that mean they aren't selling them after tonight?
    Quote Originally Posted by T7x View Post
    Deliciousmonsta has cheap protanks of all varieties but only until tonight monday 26th.

Ok, so does that mean the higher the resistance the longer the battery will last, but you lose vaper hence middle of the road? And what's the difference with the protank mini and the protank, (not the protank two) other than it holds mode liquid? I know the mini sits well on the ego but I'm not sure if the protank does. Thanx

Learning allot as I go, picking up more than I thought I would this early although I love the mixing calculators, lol, but it means I can mix.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDishD View Post
    Kanger ProTanks - Delicious Monsta

Store run by alegria, i think the best priced mini's in Aus atm..

as to resistance atties, if you use eGo style batteries then Standard resistance atties (those above 1.5ohm's will work best, but Low resistance atties will work but run your battery flatter quicker)

AVF Regular
    Purplgirl,
    I've got an ego twist which means you can up things a little if you want to. I found on a normal ego C (which I started with) that the 1.5ohm did'nt work, the batteries kept turning off. The lowest I could use was 1.8ohm. So to be safe, stay with anything in the 1.8 to 2.5ohm range.

As well as being able to pick what resistence you want when ordering replacement coils online, it is also marked on the packet that you will receive and if you have reading or magnifying glasses you can see it etched or stamped on the coil also.

The protank is a lot bigger on the end of your ego than the mini. I think from memory that the protank is about an inch ? in diameter. For me it made things top heavy.
    Cheers
    Sodd
    purplgirl likes this.

T7x
    AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by purplgirl View Post
    Does that mean they aren't selling them after tonight?
    Nope it just means they will cost 2 or 3 dollars more and probably still be cheaper than most aussie vendors
    purplgirl likes this.
    Do you know de way 👺

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast