Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By The Sodd
  • 1 Post By Noe
  • 1 Post By The Sodd

Thread: Experimentation, loving it !!

AVF Regular

Experimentation, loving it !!

Hi all,
    Only been vaping for a month however the experimentation bug has got me despite limited steps and equipment. This came about because I was going through the coils being due to a heavy vaper, started a thread previously about this and really good advice and help came through pretty quick from wonderful people.

Currently using ego twist with Evod head. Rebuilt my first Evod bcc coil 2.5 ohm this morning with 30awg Kanthal, 2mm wick doubled over and checked on the multimeter (big thankyou to FOCharlie for his guidance and big thankyou to Noe who prevented a waste of time and who knows what else at the last possible second ha ha).

Have also drilled out 2 of the holes on the bottom of the Evod to 2mm. Started out at 1.5mm then upped it to 2mm using a dremmel and drill bits because I was tring to get above the inside threading for airflow purposes. Glad I stopped at 2mm because I think now that any larger would have been way too much. Had originally drilled out all three holes but found this too airy a draw, very similar to the pro-tank and a bit too much for me, so I have sticky tape at present over one of the holes and this suits me just fine, have a spare Evod head that I'll only drill out two holes on. Set at 4 volts.

Upshot is I've tailored my setup a little for more enjoyment and not much effort. Tons more vapour, great draw and the taste of the juice has improved a little also.

Now looking for what to do next ! Anyone else mucked around with the above type of setup ?

Or ...... what is the next step for a newbie on his journey ?
    Cheers
    Sodd
    Last edited by The Sodd; 26-08-13 at 01:14 PM.
    FOCharlie and Samtron like this.

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    Next step is relax a bit & find some juice you really love, I know you have ordered some that you most likely will though, so just relax
    Samtron likes this.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

AVF Regular
    Yep your right Noe,
    The wife thinks I'm having a middle aged crisis as it is ha ha.
    You should have seen the look on her face when I started carrying on about that new one that looks like a gattling gun, I was almost in an ambulance on a one way trip to the funny farm.
    Really looking forward to the juice and I'm sure I'm going to enjoy it when it's ready.
    Cheers
    Sodd
    margyb likes this.

AVF Regular
    lol

this journey is a fun one. if it isn't modding your clearo's it's modding your mods or building genesis atomisers...and if not those...then experimenting with mixing up a storm.

take heaps of notes of what works for you and what doesn't. so you can replicate it all in the future. and beware the ass juice combo...so easy to make ass juice by accident...

I don't need squat for ages, i just went shopping.
    $1800.61 Spent on Vaping so far, stocked up for 2 years @ 8ml/per day.

Thats cool :-)
    I am thinking of trying to rebuild a protank coil as a first step to rebuilding, what would be the best sizing (anyone?) for me to use in the way of wire and wick? The same as the op used? xox

AVF Regular
    Samtron, what's "ass juice" ??

Bthydy,
    You don't need to buy a rebuildable coil, you can just use the old ones you've used. I'm thinking that 30awg Kanthal and 2mm wick would do the job for you, 6 turns will put you pretty much on 2.3 to 2.5ohms by the time you snip the loose ends off, but bear in mind I have'nt experimented with any other wire and also had the guidance (as above). I did however use 24ply natural cotton candle wick instead of the normal wick this morning. Got the candle wick from ebay and I can't claim credit because I saw someone else ( I can't remember who, short sandy hair blowing big plumes of smoke on his avatar, distinguished looking chap, said it is the only thing he drips with), (as I was just browsing at the time) on this forum had used it and he said that it is the only thing he uses. I decided to try it and for me I noticed an improved difference again !! Now I know why he uses it exclusively !!

Better get back to work
    Cheers
    Sodd

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    Ass juice, is as the name suggests, juice that tastes like ass.
    It is the most commonly available juice to buy or to mix

As for cotton, I prefer cotton Gauze for making cotton wicks, I was one of the AVF pioneers of cotton wicks & prefer to use cotton or hemp to silica when rebuilding.
    Hemp is similar to cotton but better for tobacco flavors IMO, hemp also seems to hold more juice than cotton.

30 or 32 Gauge kanthal is fine for rebuilding most clearo coils with, however in almost all cases a clearo will come pre-fitted with Nichrome coils. I prefer to use Kanthal though, as a dry hit from Nichrome is murder on the throat, Kanthal isn't much better but it is less severe IME. 32gauge is probably going to be easier to make coils for clearos with tight spaces to fit into, 30G is lower resistance & will need more wraps on the coil to get the same ohms.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

AVF Regular
    Well thats a turn up for the books !
    I use heaps of hemp in my line of business even though its all fairly thin stuff about .5 to .75mm
    Will have to give it a go and just put a few strands together.
    Cheers
    Sodd