Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Nearly everything has been delivered

Nearly everything has been delivered

Newbie vaporerer here.
    I have been reading a lot on this site and ordering things for the past month to try ween off the rollies by taking up vaping.
    At first I was very dissapointed that we couldn't buy liquid nic in Aus, and every vape shop in Aus seemed out of stock on eGo twist battery starter kits
    So orders placed overseas for most of the gear and it was a learning experience I tell ya.
    What I got:
    500ml of 48mg nic from vapingzone USA, ordered 3/8/13 delivered 20/8/13
    Ordered a bunch of shit from fasttech and here's what I got (can give stock number if anyone wants them):
    First item was that little 3pc pack of a ego type twist variable voltage battery, ce4 clearo and charger, about $14 for the set.
    Good value, but no printing on the handle, including no calibration mark for the variable voltage dial. Also the dial has 3.2v, 4v and 4.8v labelled and marked, while other batteries have lines marked for every 0.2v in between as well.

Speaking of other batteries, I bought two 1100mah ego type twist variable voltage batteries. They are different to each other evn though they are supposed to be the same. Different screen printing (these ones do have a calibration mark as well as eG0-C Twist written on them). One has a thicker bolder typeset than the other. Also one is about 3mm shorter than the other in battery part length, different button colour and height, different threads too - ones a different height than the other in where the 510 threads start.

Got a bunch of clearos too. Knock off nova 3ml, 2ml, and iclear 16s, and a evod.
    Evod is my favourite so far due to perfect fit to the knock off eGos. It fits the outer ego threads of the battery, so fits fine. The other clearos fit the 510 thread and have been hit and miss. I don't know if it's the batteries or the clearos, but they are quite loose. Strange as the batteries screw on the the charger fine. Also the unbranded 650mah battery probably fits the 510 thread clearos the best.
    With the loose battery thread situation I also noticed something about the clearos, the best ones have a spring load centre post (nova 3ml, ce4). The knock off iclear16 and 2ml nova don't and are my least favourite. I only got the iclear as I wanted to try a twin coil element. I definitely recommend the evod clone though, still a bit wary of their batteries though (I wish someone in Au had them in stock in a starter kit when I wanted to order).
    Edit: Forgot to mention, none of the clearos leak at least!

Nearly everything I wanted was out of stock at HC, so I tried out e5cig for chinese ejuice.
    Last night I placed orders for local made doublers and just got to get to a shop for PG and VG.

To celebrate today I poured myself a drink, and reached for a lighter and smokes out of habit
    Didn't light one though.
    Last edited by coopz; 27-08-13 at 06:59 PM.
    Noe, CCC, Itsmerobyn and 9 others like this.

AVF Regular
    Glad you posted Coopz,
    Interesting read. Good stuff about not lighting a fag It gets easier
    Cheers
    Sodd

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    Good stuff Coopz.
    Put your cancer sticks out of reach & keep your PV in reach, that will help you stay off the analogs.

PG you may find a is little hard to find except from a Chemist or online store & not all Chemists are going to have it in stock, though they can usually order it in for you.
    VG is much easier to find, a lot of health food shops have Melrose brand VG, which is IMO very good for vaping, even though it is "food grade" & not USP grade, I actually rate it better than some USP grade VG for vaping.

Try not to chain vape yourself into a nic OD, out of excitement, I know it's hard not to when you first get your gear
    coopz and Duke916 like this.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

CMB
    AVF Regular
    Nice one. Coopz great to see you finally got there, now there's no looking back

lol, I know the feeling when the postie arrives with the goodies Its like Christmas, opening up your pressies and knowing you are getting what you want, happy happy joy joy.

My postie asked me yesterday what all the packages were, and I told him. He's also a smoker and is very interested in vaping, ended up chatting and sharing a vape on the front veranda, he wanted to know everything, and I kept having to remind him I was a newbie myself. lol, pity the other poor sods who are going to have to wait for their parcels, postie was really late getting back to the depot

I've also ordered some gear from fasttech, but have bought PG and VG from VapeKing, and nic from Health Cabin. I've ordered a heap of doublers from a number of Aussie vape sites, and can't wait to get a-mixing. I also found a really nifty little juice calculator on google play store, (theres a few free ones, and most are ok).

Good luck Coopz, you'll find the stinkies lose their appeal really quickly once you start vaping. I haven't wanted one since I started, don't know how I smoked the same tobacco for years, when the vaping flavours are soooooo much better, its a whole new world of fun
    Last edited by spud; 27-08-13 at 08:18 PM. Reason: typos
    Samtron likes this.
    All opinions expressed by me, are my own, I do not represent, or speak for, anyone but myself.

STOPPED SMOKING 11/08/13 STARTED VAPING 11/08/13

Quote Originally Posted by Noe View Post
    Try not to chain vape yourself into a nic OD, out of excitement, I know it's hard not to when you first get your gear
    Ha Ha, going to be hard. I bought 3 batteries and 6 clearos. I got one 3.5ml nova loaded with ry4, one evod loaded with menthol, one iclear16 loaded with coffee.
    I keep alternating them every few mintues LOL.

Thanks CMB and everyone else.

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    Quote Originally Posted by coopz View Post
    Ha Ha, going to be hard. I bought 3 batteries and 6 clearos. I got one 3.5ml nova loaded with ry4, one evod loaded with menthol, one iclear16 loaded with coffee.
    I keep alternating them every few mintues LOL.

Thanks CMB and everyone else.
    Vape the coffee until you can't stand it any more, might as well make the most of it while you can.
    Most coffee vapes are not very good & you will find once your sense of taste/smell returns you probably won't like it LOL
    After that it becomes drain cleaner, there are very few coffee juices I have ever found to be vapeable.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

Quote Originally Posted by Noe View Post
    Vape the coffee until you can't stand it any more, might as well make the most of it while you can.
    Most coffee vapes are not very good & you will find once your sense of taste/smell returns you probably won't like it LOL
    After that it becomes drain cleaner, there are very few coffee juices I have ever found to be vapeable.
    Yeah good tip.
    I had the dekang coffee in the nova 3.5 and after a day it became burnt tasting.
    Also I have noticed the clearos with the thin wicks seem to fall apart. When I looked at the 4 thin wicks in the nova 3.5ml with the coffee they all seemed to be burnt and partially falling apart anyway. Starting to prefer the clearos and head with thicker 2 wicks rather than the ce4/5/6 or novas with the 4 thin wicks.
    The coffee juice got a bit boring too, as it was always sweet/toffee coffee flavour anyway, and I don't have much of a sweet tooth, I spent big money on a home grinder and machine two years ago when I had the cash because I like real coffee, not fake or sweet stuff.
    I started a iclear16 clearo with DK tobacco flavour, which on it's own was a bit dry on my throat. Added 3 drops of coffee flavour and one drop vanilla to make it nicer and get rid of them while waiting for good flavours to arrive. I didn't like the vanilla on it's own at all. I think the DK coffee flavour after a day makes coils taste burnt anyway.
    I still am interested in a good coffee flavour though, but not sweet, but still vapable to me.
    Trying to look at options to get the ebarons brasileiro with the cheapest/quickest postage.

edit: need to buy more clearos as I haven't had much luck rinsing flavours out well. I like menthol/fruit in the early morning with water, coffee-ish flavour later in the morning, and sweeter stuff in the arvo. Then I've got to match them with drinks in the evening, some to match wine, others for different spirits
    Last edited by coopz; 30-08-13 at 06:33 AM.

AVF Regular

Nearly everything has been delivered

Hey coops,
    As stated above, I have found coffee style juices not very good. The only one I can have, but only for a few puffs here and there is VK espresso.
    I, like a lot of people, find deserts and some tobaccos to be best.

EDIT: I have a 3 clearo's and a couple of cartos just sitting there filled with various juices so that I can mix and match flavors easily.
    Last edited by ssstahly; 30-08-13 at 06:38 AM.
    supporter of genuine mods and attys

Yeah well, I was happy to have real tobacco for breakfast, lunch and desert before anyway. So good tobacco flavours would be good, still searching for the right flavour though.
    Discounted any chinese tobacco ones, next delivery will be liqua so I'll see how I go.
    I don't really want USA prices and shipping for theirs, (probably will eventually), got some kritike ones though to try though. Just need to get the hangsen out of the clearos first though (or get new clearos). e: Though I'm having some fun mixing them, eg a few drops of vanilla and coffee into a chinese tabacco blend to take the edge off.
    Last edited by coopz; 30-08-13 at 06:45 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast