Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    gaz

Noob, just ordered some gear, have a bit of a tricky question as well

Hi all,

Just ordered from HC, quite a big order of Juice (150ml), variety of cartomizers (45), a starter kit ego bat + echo-e cartomizers, ectra battery charger and some tips. After reading ecf over the last few weeks think this stuff will be good, and will probably look towards a boge revolution V2 (currently out of stock) or a bottom feed mod when i next need supplies.

I have been smoking 1 pack a day for the last 30 years, started young and apart from a 3 year spell where I got real sick with ulcerative collitis, which seems to be cured by a bit of nicotine, and Im hoping the ecigs will supply this without my lungs taking the hit they currently do.

This all has nothing to do with my tricky question.

I know my 15yo daughter smokes. We have asked her to give up but to this point she still hasnt been able to. I grabbed some 0nic juice and an extra battery with the thought of trying to convert her as well. Is it wrong for a parent to supply a minor with e-cigs?

Im sure once the kit arrives ill have plenty of additional questions and will be reading in the interim.

GaZ

AVF Regular
    I dont see this is being a complex issue....

She smokes

She hasnt been able to give up

We know vaping is far less harmful that durries

Therefore, it seems sensible to go along the harm reduction line with vaping, while encouraging her to chuck the lot when she can
    CO, Vapers Against Government Interference in Nictotine Acquisition - Military Wing.

Acb
    Well supplying her nic juice would strictly speaking be illegal - but so is whoever is giving her the durries so meh.

Im kinda assuming your question is - is it morally wrong? - And to that +1 with the Sloth man.

Having said said, when I was darbing up at 15 it had nothing to do with having a nic addiction, it was because it made me look uber badass and cool yo. If that is one of the main reasons why she smokes you might have a hard time converting her to ecigs. Either that or haul her teenage ass off to the Dr for a Champix prescription.

PS welcome

Quote Originally Posted by Acb View Post
    Well supplying her nic juice would strictly speaking be illegal - but so is whoever is giving her the durries so meh.
    Working on our constant assumption that we are importing using the TGA's PIS (I never noticed what this becomes as an acronym before, lol) then it *should* be OK as you are providing it to an immediate family member:

"the goods are to be used by that individual or a member of his/her immediate family and are not sold or supplied to any other person."

Acb
    I highly doubt supplying nicotine to a child would be considered legal sound.

AVF Regular
    Legal schmeegal.....

Common sense > legal niceties....
    CO, Vapers Against Government Interference in Nictotine Acquisition - Military Wing.

Sik
    Chances are she won't even likely look at it as acb said.

If you really wanna try maybe a 510 left around the house may get picked up and tried for the novelty Factor.

ps did u get an ego>echo adapter i might be wrong but i thought they had different threads
    Current Vape: Variable Wattage mod, EPM Boge tanks, Something Fruity

gaz
    Yeah, maybe having to sneak around and smoke behind our backs is half the thrill, if that was the case all I really need to do is buy her analogs for her. I know my wife would take some convincing of letting her vape, so maybe it will be our secret from her and she still has to sneak around.... but when my wife finds out ill be in the deepest s#$% ever. In any case I would only be giving her the 0nic or a mix of very low nic early if she was actually addicted, she tells us its a stress thing, when shes feeling under pressure she just goes of on a walk and thats when she smokes, if the ecig is secret from the wife, then she still needs to go on her walks, maybe she will realise its the walks that clear her head, not the smokes.

Echo-e cartomizers are different to standard echo cartomizers and take a 510 connection, HC have a new starter pack with 2 900mah egot-T batteries, charger, 5 echo-e cartomizers and a case for $44, I bought an additional 10 echo-e cartomizers, 20 boge 510's, and some HC DC carto's, so I should get an idea of whether im a carto person from those. If I hate the carto's i have plenty of choice with a 510 connector. If I love the cartos but hate the batteries same story with mods.

GaZ

Sik
    The chances are that at 15 with only a couple or a few years of smoking under her belt its more about the peer group and invincibility factor than stress or addiction. Wish id realised that about 10 years ago before the sometime habitual behaviour developed into a fuuuck i don't remember what not being a smoker was like set In.

Good luck to you man.

Ah cool about the echo-es. rings a bell now u mention it. not a huge carto user myself and not tried the echos. if u are keen on a bottom feeder make sure u chuck a lr 306 in the order with it. loads of us bottom feeder dwellers swear by them.
    Current Vape: Variable Wattage mod, EPM Boge tanks, Something Fruity

gaz
    no lr306 but i dont think it will be my last order, $12.50*7 is what im currently spending on anologs, Im giving up for the sake of my future health not because I cant afford to smoke, so If I enjoy Vaping you can bet Ill be spending some of that money saved on Interesting Items.

Speaking of which as anyone ever thought of disguising a small e-cig as a whiteboard marker as an ultimate stealth mod, ive got an old nokia phone which looks like it could house a couple of batteries and a squirty bottle.

GaZ

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast