Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: New Vaper: Buy starter kit or build own?

AVF Regular

Question New Vaper: Buy starter kit or build own?

Hi guys!

About to jump into the world of vaping. I have been browsing and researching this site and vapeking.com and am unsure whether to buy a starter kit from VK or just go ahead and buy the parts separately? eg Vision 1300mAH Spinner Ego VV.
    What would you recommend as an ideal starting setup?

Any thoughts and comments appreciated!

Thanks!

It's all much of a muchness really. You can save yourself the hassle and buy a kit that has everything you need, or yo can buy the components separately. If you have a look at Noes starter list you will see a list of what you need should you buy it all separately. It's a good list, so just follow it and you will be fine.

Vaping cobra also sell starter kits for a good price. It's really up to you, and don't forget it is not like you are locked in with that initial purchase for life. Ego batteries don't last forever, you will have to buy some extras down the line anyway. So just choose what suits your budget etc now, and go for it.

The 1300mah spinner will last longer between charges, simply because it is more mah. It is also variable voltage, which will allow you to control your vape depending on what clear/tank you are using.

Good luck.

AVF Regular
    Welcome to AVF

Here is Noe's list.
    You forgot about nicotine which will need to be bought from overseas. All of this is listed below.

Quote Originally Posted by Noe View Post
    Welcome new members.

The below is a re-post but I like to keep it easy to find for new vapers or potential new vapers, because it helps if you know what you need to get started:

IMO what you want for your initial order is a 1-stop-shop, where you can get everything you need in 1 order.
    Regardless of what you decide to order, this makes things very simple & means everything arrives at the same time, so you can get into it immediately you open it(well almost, make sure the batts are charged first).

For the same reason I recommend Health Cabin for first orders, they have a large range of products, they ship reliably(choose EMS shipping & you will usually have you goods in a week, 2 at most), their customer service is very good & their prices are good too. Plus they have everything you need, including nic juice to get you started.

Essentials:
    Kit
    I think the best solution for a new vaper is an entry level device, which will serve as a back up should you have problems with your mod later on, like these kits:
    eGo K Vision Compact Kit V2 in 30 styles [02-F] - $18.99 : Healthcabin Electronic Cigarettes - Wholesale and Retail two of these kits will have, 2 chargers( a spare in case one fails) 2 clearomisers & 2 batteries, all you really need to start vaping minus the juice.

Juice
    Next you will want some juice my recommendation is 10x 10ml, 18mg/ml, pre-mixed juices in various flavors:
    Dekang E-juice/E-liquid for Ecigarette
    or
    HC E-Juice/E-Liquid : Healthcabin Electronic Cigarettes - Wholesale and Retail
    Then also get some unflavored nic in 36mg/ml, 75/25 PG/VG, which you can mix later with Aussie made doublers, so 1 or 2 x 115ml bottles:
    115ml HC Unflavored E-liquid [Z8 HC Unflavored 115ml] - $11.00 : Healthcabin Electronic Cigarettes - Wholesale and Retail

Optional devices:
    If you want to stop there, you can & will be able to start vaping with just what is above or if you want to try different clearomisers/tanks etc then these are some good ones to try:
    3.5ml Ismoka BCC(Bottom Coil Changeable) Mega Clear Cartomizer [03-3A-4321] - $11.00 : Healthcabin Electronic Cigarettes - Wholesale and Retail
    5pc New CE3 Bottom Coil 510 Clearomizers [05-C-12] - $10.50 : Healthcabin Electronic Cigarettes - Wholesale and Retail
    Innokin iClear 30 Dual Coil Clearomizer with replaceable coil (Crystal Gift Box) [05-H-3-2] - $10.00 : Healthcabin Electronic Cigarettes - Wholesale and Retail
    Vision eGo Clearomizer V3 (Exchangeable & Detachable)

While not an absolute "must have" these come in handy sometimes for your eGo type batteries:
    500mA USB Power Adapter/Charger (US/EU/UK/AU plug) [05-A-2-2] - $3.50 : Healthcabin Electronic Cigarettes - Wholesale and Retail

Items for mixing
    A bottle of PG & a bottle of VG will come in handy if you need to dilute your juice later on & it is cheap to grab a bottle of each at the same time:
    115ml PROPYLENE GLYCOL USP(PG) [Z4 115ml PG] - $3.50 : Healthcabin Electronic Cigarettes - Wholesale and Retail
    115ml Vegetable Glycerin USP (VG) [Z4 115ml VG] - $3.50 : Healthcabin Electronic Cigarettes - Wholesale and Retail
    Some empty mixing bottles will also come in handy, perhaps 4x 30ml & 4x 10ml to start with:
    Empty Ejuice Bottle(childproof) [06-D-23] - $0.25 : Healthcabin Electronic Cigarettes - Wholesale and Retail
    A syringe is also a good idea to grab for measuring liquids & refilling some kinds of clearos etc, I would grab one of each size:
    E-juice Injector(1ml 2.5ml 5ml 10ml) Ejuice Injector /syringe [06-D-1-1] - $0.25 : Healthcabin Electronic Cigarettes - Wholesale and Retail
    You will also want blunt tipped needles for your syringes, 4 of these, Long(XL) type:
    Blunt needle for syringe [05-D-2-1] - $0.15 : Healthcabin Electronic Cigarettes - Wholesale and Retail

Devices not recommended
    I DO NOT recommend v2cigs, overpriced, cigalikes for anyone!
    If you want a cigalike, HealthCabin also stock them, look for a 510 manual starter kit. It will be much cheaper & perform the same as the more expensive V2cig kit but these will not work anywhere near as well as the gear I listed above.
    If you decide you still want a cigalike & get the 510 kit, I recommend using these to put your juice in for vaping:
    5pc New CE3 Bottom Coil 510 Clearomizers [05-C-12] - $10.50 : Healthcabin Electronic Cigarettes - Wholesale and Retail
    Noe and margyb like this.
    supporter of genuine mods and attys

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    Welcome to AVF

I don't think a new vaper needs a VV device, I think it is far more important for a new vaper to find the flavors & juice holding devices they like best before exploring VV.
    However, that is just my opinion, if you really want a VV device, HC carry them also, along with nic & everything else you need to get started, I still think HC are the best option for newbies with their first order because of this & their reasonable pricing & shipping times.

There are some cheaper vendors, that also offer free shipping but in the time you are going to be waiting for the package to arrive you'd spend more on cancer sticks than you'd save. There are also more expensive vendors, which can have you set up a little sooner but this means you end up with less gear(in most cases) & get less of a chance to experiment with different devices, not all vapers like the same juice holding devices, find ing the right one for you is important.

I think a non-VV device will serve you well until you are ready to upgrade to a bigger battery mod, by then you will have found the clearos or other atty types you like best & have an idea of what types of flavors you enjoy vaping the most.
    Anyway good luck in your hunt for a starter kit
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

CCC
    Its cheaper to put your kit together yourself.

AVF Regular
    Thanks for the quick replies and welcome, guys!

That noob guide by Noes is perfect! I wouldn't have looked at healthcabin without that. I have ordered the eGo CE4 Blister pack and a 115ml of 36mg. Also got some premixed liquids to try straight away.
    I am glad I started this thread as I don't think I would have found the other options!

Once I get the stuff from overseas and get the hang of vaping I will most likely get some better gear from VK and try and mix my own with their flavours and the straight nic. Seems complicated but some more reading should help!

Thanks guys!
    Noe and spud like this.

AVF Regular
    Well I just paid for my order.

Anyone have experience with postage time to QLD with DHL express?

Thanks!

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Aus_Rider_22 View Post
    Well I just paid for my order.

Anyone have experience with postage time to QLD with DHL express?

Thanks!
    I just got an order from Health Cabin using DHL express. It shipped on 26/8 and arrived today. Fastest OS order delivery I've ever had!

Unfortunately I wasn't home to sign for it so I have to wait till tomorrow. If you work during the day and they have a comments section (I can't remember if they do?) make sure you ask them to leave the parcel without a signature.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by JenJ View Post
    I just got an order from Health Cabin using DHL express. It shipped on 26/8 and arrived today. Fastest OS order delivery I've ever had!

Unfortunately I wasn't home to sign for it so I have to wait till tomorrow. If you work during the day and they have a comments section (I can't remember if they do?) make sure you ask them to leave the parcel without a signature.
    That's great news! I should have it by next weekend which is awesome. I have it being delivered to my work place so I will be there to sign for it.

Thanks for the reply.

I had a delivery by DHL from Health Cabin about 3 weeks ago.
    Placed the order on a Wednesday and it arrived the following Monday. Gotta be happy with that.
    tally-ho likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast