Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: A newbie to carto tanks.

AVF Regular

A newbie to carto tanks.

A couple of days ago I received my first carto tank from VapeKing, the AGR tank.

I was pretty hesitant to get in to using carto tanks as I had seen mixed reviews on their function and ease of use. The AGR tank looked like a pretty solid product and addressed my concerns about using carto tanks (primarily the tank being quite slidey and not particularly secure on the cartomizer. I purchased a couple of VK (boge?) slotted cartos to try it out as well. Armed with pbusardo's youtube link for 'condom' filling the carto, I primed it and filled the tank. Slow and steady, no leaks or issues at all.

I must say, it's been pretty successful. Awesome vapor production, nice uniform draw (i've found the kangertech cleros to be pretty hit and miss regarding this) and nice flavour. Doesn't seem like the vapor is any warmer then my array of bottom coil cleros, but I've never been too concerned by vapor heat. I suppose that is more of a review of the VK slotted cartos though.

I did have a minor issue with the AGR, in that the filler screw fouls with my ming drip tip, but i'm simply using the shorty tank with the carto sticking out of the top a little (it's totally fine!) The full size tank is still a little intimidating.

I ended up using a juice I wasn't too keen on, should there have been any problems i was hoping to avoid wasting precious juice. But i'm keen now to try the tank out with some of my DM sourced juice.

All in alll, while i'm very happy with my protank cleros, this AGR may end up replacing a couple of EVOD cleros that i'm (still!) finding a little fiddly.

Would be interested to hear other people opinions of carto tanks vs cleros.

AVF Regular
    I love my carto tanks. I get a good week out of a carto and a full day out of a 6ml tank. with the filling tool, it's easy and quick to fill the tank. I've started using the "suck" method to prime my cartos rather than the condom method. it's quicker and less messy. having said that, tho, lately I've been using stardusts as much as carto tanks. when i'm sitting at home and frequent refilling isn't an issue, i'm enjoying the stardusts. if I could only ever buy one type of delivery device again, I think it would be 6ml tanks with slotted cartos. they're good performers and cope well with my higer vg juices.
    308hjute likes this.

Tank person here for sure.. I just cant go back from a f16 with a dual punched SR boge. The protank 2 is ok..but cartos still rock.

BigGrin.jpg
    Tokerz81 and magicman like this.
    "It's a Grower....Not a 'Shower'!!!" - Bender B. Rodriguez

AVF Regular
    I have an AGR carto tank sitting around that I never got around to using.

i love my carto tanks. Once u have them set up right, they r great. They can take a bit of messing about at first like which carto brand to use, which resistance, how big to punch the whole if doing it urself, how to fill properly etc but once u work it out, they r great. No dry hits and easy for out and about and once the carto becomes crappy, fill up another one and just push it thru the tank without losing juice and ur good to go again.
    Cigarette Addiction: 12 years Quit Smoking: 22.11.2011 Started Vaping: 22.11.2011
    ProVari V2, SmokTech 1.5 ohm dc carto, OCD Tank at 4.3 volts
    Vaping and Loving it

AVF Regular
    So, how do you know when the carto becomes crappy? Also, what is the recommended wattage? I usually run my cleros at around 9-9.5watts, but i've heard you run cartos lower (presently i'm running 8watts).

Banned (Never to return)
    i must admit carto's are still my go to unit for work and out and about

i use 3ml liquinators and LR punched boges with my provari mini

i find its a solid set up that rarely disappoints , i drop it atleast 10 times a week and still no damage .

ego/evod combo has a bit better flavour IMO , but ill take carto tanks any day for volume

i refill everything at my bar so i usually have 4 or 5 Liquinators ready to go with batterys when im not at home

happy days

Quote Originally Posted by VapinCairns View Post
    So, how do you know when the carto becomes crappy? Also, what is the recommended wattage? I usually run my cleros at around 9-9.5watts, but i've heard you run cartos lower (presently i'm running 8watts).
    I run my boge SR cartos at 5.5watts on 4.4 volts.. Very nice for me. How do you know when a carto becomes crappy?? This dilema can be a little subjective, but for me its when the draw on it becomes "stiff" after 2 tank fills i know now that my cartos about to end its peak and i change by default, also if you ever get a burnt taste, bin it asap.

Feel like a sir.jpg
    "It's a Grower....Not a 'Shower'!!!" - Bender B. Rodriguez

Quote Originally Posted by VapinCairns View Post
    when it tastes burnt, replace it. When the flavour changes and isn't as good , its time to replace. Also the draw can become tighter which is a sign the carto is on its way out but sometimes a few quick sucks on the drip tip to draw more juice into the carto can help. My cartos tanks usually take about 25mls of juice before i change the carto but i use dual coils that last longer and take higher wattage. I vape at 12 watts with DC's
    Cigarette Addiction: 12 years Quit Smoking: 22.11.2011 Started Vaping: 22.11.2011
    ProVari V2, SmokTech 1.5 ohm dc carto, OCD Tank at 4.3 volts
    Vaping and Loving it

Quote Originally Posted by Rylee74 View Post
    Tank person here for sure.. I just cant go back from a f16 with a dual punched SR boge. The protank 2 is ok..but cartos still rock.

BigGrin.jpg
    Have to agree 100%. I am currently running all F16's.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast