Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Did my first dry burn

Wink Did my first dry burn

I've just finished dry burning a few clearos, yay, no more yukky burnt taste in my nice vanilla. Coffee favours in the clearo seem to need more cleaning and dry burning, more often. Anyone else found this?
    All opinions expressed by me, are my own, I do not represent, or speak for, anyone but myself.

STOPPED SMOKING 11/08/13 STARTED VAPING 11/08/13

AVF Regular
    yeah I have found the darker and thicker the juice the faster the coils get gummed up and they need to be cleaned more often

aussie squonk box - the punisher - sig 100 watt - tesla series modded - vampire 26650 - modded chana - kamry 200 watt
    my etsy DEATHware

Quote Originally Posted by DEATHGUYJ View Post
    yeah I have found the darker and thicker the juice the faster the coils get gummed up and they need to be cleaned more often
    One of the wicks was really yuck, they come out easily so is it ok to just replace the wick? (this is on a stardust V3). The coil head works fine.
    margyb and DEATHGUYJ like this.
    All opinions expressed by me, are my own, I do not represent, or speak for, anyone but myself.

Yeah, I love chocolates and coffees but I've found the gunking up just sucks compared with clear juices, and seeing as I'm a lazy arse I'll probably just move off the dark ones once I've used up my supplies.

... lurkin' and a likin' and a learnin'...

Quote Originally Posted by bikam0wz View Post
    Yeah, I love chocolates and coffees but I've found the gunking up just sucks compared with clear juices, and seeing as I'm a lazy arse I'll probably just move off the dark ones once I've used up my supplies.
    Choc mint and caramel cappacino are a couple of favourites, but they gunk quickly, damn it.

AVF Regular
    Hey spud
    I have managed to re wick a few of my rebuildable stardusts OK. Getting the silica through the coil was a bit tricky as the end frays really easily.
    I trimmed down the end of the silica into a v shape and put a dollop of woodworking glue on the pointy end. When it was totally dry I was able to push it through the coil.
    Please note I am not saying this is the right way to rewick one - it just worked for me. I was a bit sceptical that maybe some of the dry woodwork glue may have scraped onto the coil. So I just dryburned it again.
    You need really good eyesight or magnifying glasses to do this

Anyone know of a better way to rewick the coil??
    I just usually buy the replacement coils.
    Robray, DEATHGUYJ and spud like this.

Quote Originally Posted by margyb View Post
    Hey spud
    I have managed to re wick a few of my rebuildable stardusts OK. Getting the silica through the coil was a bit tricky as the end frays really easily.
    I trimmed down the end of the silica into a v shape and put a dollop of woodworking glue on the pointy end. When it was totally dry I was able to push it through the coil.
    Please note I am not saying this is the right way to rewick one - it just worked for me. I was a bit sceptical that maybe some of the dry woodwork glue may have scraped onto the coil. So I just dryburned it again.

I have some replacement coils, but the one I pulled the wick out of is still fine, its just the wick is beyond dry burning, its gunked bad It was the clearo I used when I was chain vaping to start with.

I thought if I could get a bit of wick, and use a little needle threader, (I use one for threading my sewing machine needle as even with my glasses I still can't see a damn thing). Its very thin so would fit through no probs, and just ease the wick through. What do you think?
    DEATHGUYJ likes this.

AVF Regular
    Grumpy Old man, Living inPerth Northern suburbs
    Quote Originally Posted by margyb View Post
    Hey spud

He margy, I think you were around when I did this. Not a stardust, but same principle. It worked really well. Better than silica.

A stainless wick for a ce2 tank
    margyb, DEATHGUYJ and spud like this.
    Because I trust no-one Who tells me FACTS with no proof

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by spud View Post
    I have some replacement coils, but the one I pulled the wick out of is still fine, its just the wick is beyond dry burning, its gunked bad It was the clearo I used when I was chain vaping to start with.

I thought if I could get a bit of wick, and use a little needle threader, (I use one for threading my sewing machine needle as even with my glasses I still can't see a damn thing). Its very thin so would fit through no probs, and just ease the wick through. What do you think?
    Try it! If you've got replacement coils you've got nothing to lose, and I don't see why it wouldn't work. I've never tried it because I couldn't figure out a way of threading the wick through but the needle threader is a great idea.

Let us know how it goes.
    spud likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by JenJ View Post
    Try it! If you've got replacement coils you've got nothing to lose, and I don't see why it wouldn't work. I've never tried it because I couldn't figure out a way of threading the wick through but the needle threader is a great idea.

Let us know how it goes.
    Yep let us know how it goes spud

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast