Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: Just got my first eGo-T starter kit :)

AVF Regular

Just got my first eGo-T starter kit :)

Only been using it for a few hours and loving it already! Don't even feel like a stinky.
    So now I'm starting to think about mods...
    I've seen all kinds of awesome mods on this forum and I'm wondering, can this basic setup be used as a starting point for modding? How would I know if a certain part will fit with my gear? Is there a standard thread size or something like that?
    Its only early stages for me, and I'm happy with what I have so far, but I'm curious about what else is out there!
    One other thing - I read somewhere that atties have a life expectancy of about a month, on average - what is it about them that gives out? Do I really need to replace them that often, or is it possible to repair or replace some other internal part?
    'Scuse my noobishness, I'm half-asleep yet full of questions, but a few at a time is easier to manage
    -BD
    bugzme, RichoVonBlack, jen and 3 others like this.

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    My advice is, you don't need a mod yet, use your eGo's & read some of the threads on here to learn more about what is available, before taking the plunge into mods.
    A month or two using basic gear will give you a good footing on your vaping journey & give you plenty of time to research the various types & styles of mods & other vaping gear.
    That research will be invaluable in helping you choose wisely for your needs.

Atties have a wire coil, that will eventually not perform as well as it should or simply just pop(break) from use. Sometimes the coils can be rebuilt with new wire & sometimes it is too fiddly to waste time trying, just depends on the device(clearo etc) in question.
    RBAs are specifically designed to be rebuilt but are generally for experienced vapers, that understand what good flavor & vapor should be, as well as understanding their preferences in terms of resistance etc.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

Quote Originally Posted by BlackDog View Post
    Only been using it for a few hours and loving it already! Don't even feel like a stinky.
    So now I'm starting to think about mods...
    I've seen all kinds of awesome mods on this forum and I'm wondering, can this basic setup be used as a starting point for modding? How would I know if a certain part will fit with my gear? Is there a standard thread size or something like that?
    Its only early stages for me, and I'm happy with what I have so far, but I'm curious about what else is out there!
    One other thing - I read somewhere that atties have a life expectancy of about a month, on average - what is it about them that gives out? Do I really need to replace them that often, or is it possible to repair or replace some other internal part?
    'Scuse my noobishness, I'm half-asleep yet full of questions, but a few at a time is easier to manage
    -BD
    Hey welcome BlackDog, I'm a newbie myself, and remember how excited I was when my little ego/clearo setup arrived, then the agonising wait for my nic juice, (which turned out not to be so long due to a wonderful member of this forum), I also lost total interest in stinkies once I started vaping and I have managed to ignore them ever since. Getting to the point I tend to be of a geeky bent, and wanted to have everything now, including having a look at mods and getting a bit blinded by all the shiny stuff available, and I can tell you honestly it took a whole lot of will power to not jump in head first and buy everything I saw.

Now I'm really glad I didn't, because it has given me the opportunity to get to know the basics of vaping, without ruining any good or expensive gear

I'm gonna stick with the basic ego/clearo setup, which is just fine for vaping, and concentrate a little more on mixing my own juices, and really finding out what I like to vape. Once I've got that sorted, (your taste changes after not smoking stinkies), then I'll have another look at the shiny sparkly and more technical stuff.

Again, welcome, this is a great forum, and you'll get lots of help and support, enjoy the journey!
    Noe and coopz like this.
    All opinions expressed by me, are my own, I do not represent, or speak for, anyone but myself.

STOPPED SMOKING 11/08/13 STARTED VAPING 11/08/13

P.S Noe's advice is great, and its free
    margyb likes this.
    All opinions expressed by me, are my own, I do not represent, or speak for, anyone but myself.

STOPPED SMOKING 11/08/13 STARTED VAPING 11/08/13

AVF Regular
    Yeah as said above, Stick with what you have for now.
    Read threads and Learn what you want to know,
    Depending on how much you used to smoke you could save $1000 within a month.

By that time you will know:
    How good Vaping is compared to Smoking.
    What your primal Needs are.
    What Shiny's you would love to own and possibly which one/setup is Perfect.
    You should also be part way to finding your ADV (All Day Vape )

Welcome, Have fun and Enjoy - dont be afraid to question and join in the Family Table Conversations.
    MrGruffy, Samtron and spud like this.

AVF Regular
    Welcome BD, there's plenty of good helpful people on here. Hi Noe.
    I too am looking at the next big thing, but I believe that will stay at home. The big hurdle for me was finding something for work.
    My eGo 1100mah and EVOD combination lasts me a whole shift so I could (but don't) risk not taking any spares.
    I hope you make the transition easily, my missus still can't manage it but she never wanted to try as much as me.
    margyb, Samtron and spud like this.

AVF Regular
    Thanks all for the great advice everyone, I'll stick with what I have for now, grab some spares for it and just get used to it I'm so damn impulsive it's easy to get ahead of myself! Once I've played around with the nico/flavour mix and gotten that right, I think this will be a bit of a life-changer for me.

Thanks again, I'm gonna go lurk some more!
    -BD

AVF Regular
    All of the above,
    Vaporista
    Noob for life

Last Analog

12-12-12 at Midnight

"If it was easy, all the cool kids would be doing it",

AVF Regular
    congrats on giving up the stinkies what i do is put an item in a shopping cart and if i still feel the need in a week to purchase it i will buy it
    saves a lot of impulse purchases cause in that week you will have found something better,shinier or more to your liking
    Samtron likes this.

Ironically for me when i started vaping the "mods" were scary. I thought them too complex and intimmidating. this gave me time to consolidate my platform on ego style batteries that allowed me to focus on the juice i liked, flavours strength ect. Once I nailed that (took awhile). I branched out. I still havent got a mechanical and have little interest in RBA's but maybe one day. Ill stick to VV and VW on my SVD and Evic for the mo, with my ego SLB a trusted 'go to' if needed.

EWBTE.png
    Samtron and spud like this.
    "It's a Grower....Not a 'Shower'!!!" - Bender B. Rodriguez

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast