Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Charging battery question!

AVF Regular

Charging battery question!

Hi guys,

Thanks for all your help so far, I'm learning so fast but still a noob!

My Vision spinner 1300 mAh came in the mail today, loving the crap out of it. I hear it takes like 6 hours to charge, so is it safe to charge overnight on my ego-t charger? I don't want it to explode or anything. I read in another post that you shouldn't leave a charger unattended, so am wondering what you would suggest.

Is it cool to charge while I sleep or leave the house?

Noobily yours,

Shpondra.

they have overcharge protection. but its still not advised to leave them overnight or unattended.

AVF Regular
    Grumpy Old man, Living inPerth Northern suburbs
    I made the suggestion in another thread, but a timer might be an idea. Set it for three hours and see where that gets you. Dont think the spinner will take six hours on an ego charger. Just set it up on a small plate if you are realy worried.
    davee likes this.
    Because I trust no-one Who tells me FACTS with no proof

or get a fire proof bag. i charge my shit in a fire proof bag

Quote Originally Posted by Robray View Post
    I made the suggestion in another thread, but a timer might be an idea. Set it for three hours and see where that gets you. Dont think the spinner will take six hours on an ego charger. Just set it up on a small plate if you are realy worried.
    Megan likes this.

AVF Regular
    Grumpy Old man, Living inPerth Northern suburbs
    I have given a fireproof bag some though. Its maybe the go for ego batteries, but because of the restricted airflow there is very little ambient cooling. I charge lots of 18650's etc and I know the charges get warm. I think at the end of the day, dont charge unattended, but if not practical, use a bag or a timer, whatever you are comfortable with. At least the timer will cut the current and not keep pumping the battery should the regulation fail.
    Noe and RichoVonBlack like this.
    Because I trust no-one Who tells me FACTS with no proof

I have my 18650 type chargers placed in a biscuit tin ( holes in end for leads and holes in lid for vents ) has a tight lid ..When I first set it up checked regularly for heat from batteries but seems to be great...I leave them charging overnight as I think the tin will stop any damage..(hope) but I would not leave an ego type charger on overnight...
    RichoVonBlack, Caffeind and spud like this.
    I VAPE = I LIVE

Started Vaping at 16:00 hrs on 11th April 2013...
    Saved poop loads of $ not buying stinkies since then.
    Spending poop loads of $ on shinies and juice etc since then
    But now I am happy...

AVF Regular
    OK thanks heaps. I won't charge it overnight. I'll charge for 2-3 hours in the morning. Hopefully the Spinner lasts me all day on that charge, I love the extra oomph of it compared to my starter egos!

AVF Regular
    I use a timer, although i put it on when i get in from work, so only a short period (if any unattended)

All houses in WA must have circuit breakers installed at the meter box. RCD's will cut the power if there is any faulty appliances causing problems, as well as faulty powerboards, or even wall sockets. I had a bog standard battery charger plugged in, with 4 AA batteries in it, every time I turned it on at the wall switch it tripped the power off. I had a good look at the batteries, and one appeared to be damaged, so I took it out and replaced it with another one, and charger worked as it should. So I'm wondering if my ego batteries were faulty, would they do the same, and trip the power off?
    All opinions expressed by me, are my own, I do not represent, or speak for, anyone but myself.

STOPPED SMOKING 11/08/13 STARTED VAPING 11/08/13

AVF Regular
    Charge it overnight. I do all the time shell be right if the house burns down thats what insurance is for.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast