Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: New introduction

New introduction

Hey guys, I've been reading these forums for about a week now and the community here seems great, so I thought I might give a bit of an introduction.

I'm almost 27 and have been smoking since i was about 19, I guess I'm an average smoker, about 10-20 a day, or more depending on social interactions.

A few years ago I tried to switch over to ecigs by using V2Cigs, because my girlfriend at the time really hated me smoking. Although I didn't stay on them long due to the carts costing an arm and a leg to import, and I didn't really like the device.

My first son was born two weeks ago, and I have chronic bronchitis (both causing me to have very little sleep and the reason I'm posting so late.), so this has given me a new push to try quit ciggies. I just received my first package from Vapeking today, and couldn't wait to see my new shinies. But now I have to wait to get my liquids.

I've ordered five seperate flavours from ecigwizard which just hit the air today(I think, the tracking says it was handed over to airmail).

I also had around $200 of store credit at V2Cigs (When I ordered my old pack, I put the referral code onto one of them coupon websites and it seems to have gained a bit over the years) so I ordered a couple hundred ml's of liquid from them in different flavours. (Which just started being shipped today, when I ordered it last week. I guess labour day didn't help, though)

Next time I might just import some nicotine and try mixing up some local flavours.

So this time, I'm just hoping it lasts. And that my packages arrive soon, but I guess that'll be next week now. At least I can admire my new toys for now.

A bit of a long nonsensical introduction, but two hours sleep probably didn't help.

Thanks for the great forum to research and read on some of these long nights. It's all been really helpful.
    margyb, ElDubya, fifthflo and 11 others like this.

Retired Account
    Hi twoopi.. welcome to AVF!
    We started on v2cigs too. MrG enjoyed their "red", and I exclusively vaped their menthol for a month or so.
    Their flavours are pretty good, but the battery grunt and limited capacity was frustrating... and as you know, way overpriced.

Sing out if you need a hand with anything.. and good luck with it all! Congrats on becoming a parent too.. it really changes your priorities in life, eh?
    margyb, jen, TheDishD and 1 others like this.

G'day twoopi.
    I'm new to this too, but will try to help if I can.
    I don't sleep so well these days either, so I'm still up too.
    I'm 39, smoked since I was 18, gave it up about a week ago after learning good info here and getting set up. Only had 1 rollie since I got my vaping gear. It's so easy when you know how it's a 'no brainer' to not bother about smoking again.

One of the reasons I quit is because we had a baby as well. Before I switched, I was normally found outside smoking when help was needed and wanting to finish my smoke before I came inside (they're not cheap you know LOL)

I still vape in my study/office/back room though, but I can put it down and "get to it" at anytime (and not reek), rather than be outside and wanting to finish my smoke these days.
    spud likes this.

AVF Regular
    Congratulation on your first son mate!
    No better reason to give up the smokes! Mixing local flavors with nic is VERY easy to do and it is great that we have awesome local flavors to choose from! Vapeking have some of my favorites.
    Please ask as many questions as you like as everyone here is noob friendly and the only silly question is the one not asked!
    Can't wait to see you post in saying your 1 month etc off the smokes and how good your feeling!
    Good luck mate
    spud likes this.
    supporter of genuine mods and attys

Quote Originally Posted by mrsgruffy View Post
    Congrats on becoming a parent too.. it really changes your priorities in life, eh?
    Thanks, yeah it has, even more than I even thought it would.

Quote Originally Posted by coopz View Post
    One of the reasons I quit is because we had a baby as well. Before I switched, I was normally found outside smoking when help was needed and wanting to finish my smoke before I came inside (they're not cheap you know LOL).
    I know that EXACT feeling, especially when I'm a pensioner and i have to really try make the smokes last.

Quote Originally Posted by ssstahly View Post
    Mixing local flavors with nic is VERY easy to do and it is great that we have awesome local flavors to choose from! Vapeking have some of my favorites.
    Yeah, Vapeking was the place I was looking at the local flavours, they have so many that sound nice. I really want to try the Bull Rush and NRG flavours. I like my energy drinks

Thanks to everyone for the warm welcomes and congratulations, it was really nice to read.

I just checked the tracking for my packages, the V2Cigs package only just entered sorting... in Miami. Does anyone know how long it normally takes from sorting to get into the air with USPS? I guess I'm just a little impatient, I really want to start vaping. (And play with my new toy)

Congratulations on both the baby and quitting, it really is easy once you get the right gear and your wanting to give up the stinkies. My first order was from Healthcabin and it took around a week to get here. It depends on what shipping you pick and if it gets caught up in customs. But I'm sure if your getting desperate there's someone in your area that may be able to help you out with some liquid to get you started. I'm a bit far to help but I was lucky enough to find someone closer enough to help me out. Your of course welcome to come for a drive down my way if you need but I reckon there would be others closer to you.

jen
    AVF Regular
    I vaguely remember V2 being 14ish days for me. From order to mailbox. Been awhile tho
    Congrats!

Quote Originally Posted by purplgirl View Post
    Congratulations on both the baby and quitting, it really is easy once you get the right gear and your wanting to give up the stinkies. My first order was from Healthcabin and it took around a week to get here. It depends on what shipping you pick and if it gets caught up in customs. But I'm sure if your getting desperate there's someone in your area that may be able to help you out with some liquid to get you started. I'm a bit far to help but I was lucky enough to find someone closer enough to help me out. Your of course welcome to come for a drive down my way if you need but I reckon there would be others closer to you.
    That's not a bad idea if anyone in the Latrobe Valley area has some spare juice they'd be willing to sell.

Do the imports often get caught up in customs?

Again, thanks everyone for the congrats, welcomes and info
    purplgirl likes this.

AVF Regular
    Twoopi if you can make it into Melb I'm happy to help you out with some juice, just pm me. Purplgrl has met me, she'll confirm I'm a bit nuts but a safe kind of crazy not follow you back to gippsland crazy
    margyb and purplgirl like this.

CCC
    No imports dont really get caught up in customs.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast