Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Ego and Ego Twist battery testing

AVF Regular

Ego and Ego Twist battery testing

This is for the techies out there.

How can I test if an Ego or Ego Twist battery is on the way out ? I have a good multimeter But where do I test it ?
    Cheers
    Sodd

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    I'd say test it at home is probably best
    margyb and Samtron like this.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

AVF Regular
    You can test a battery with a multimeter? That's great, does it tell you what voltage it's putting out then?

I've been trying to figure out how I test the resistance of my eBaron coils with the multimeter...but don't know where to put the prongs?

Noe
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    Quote Originally Posted by JenJ View Post
    You can test a battery with a multimeter? That's great, does it tell you what voltage it's putting out then?

I've been trying to figure out how I test the resistance of my eBaron coils with the multimeter...but don't know where to put the prongs?
    Yes you can, select the 20V DC setting on your multimeter, put the red prong on the positive end of the batt & black one on the neg end, it will tell you how much charge is in your batt.
    On an eGo, you can use the pos pin & the outer metal of the 510 connection, red prong on the pos pin but you will also have to press the button on your eGo to get a reading. Also it is not going to be a completely accurate reading since you have electronics between the batt & the meter.

To test an eGo batt properly, I think you need to take the eGo apart, so you can get to the batt inside.

For your coils put your meter on lowest resistance setting, then put a prong on either side of the coil at the ends of the wire is best but if you can't find the ends then as close to the ends as possible.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Dosen't really matter if it's the red or black leads-dc hasen't got polarity-will only show as - or + on the multimeter

AVF Regular
    So for the eBaron coils does the no-resistance wire affect the reading?

For the ego, what's the positive pin? Is that the flat bit in the center that contacts the bottom bit of the clearo/RDA?

And if I do any of this wrong will I blow myself up?

CMB
    AVF Regular
    So for the eBaron coils does the no-resistance wire affect the reading?

For the ego, what's the positive pin? Is that the flat bit in the center that contacts the bottom bit of the clearo/RDA?

And if I do any of this wrong will I blow myself up?
    Kaboom

The no res wire won't affect the reading and yep the pos pin is the bit in the middle.
    JenJ likes this.

AVF Regular
    Thanks CMB, you're awesome. You knew exactly what to do with those jumper leads too!
    margyb and bethydy like this.

CMB
    AVF Regular
    Thanks CMB, you're awesome. You knew exactly what to do with those jumper leads too!
    Lol did you get another battery?

Noe
    Quote Originally Posted by CMB View Post
    Kaboom

The no res wire won't affect the reading and yep the pos pin is the bit in the middle.
    I explain the whole process, get no like or any credit for it.

CMB comes along answers one simple question, gets a like & all the credit + an "you're awesome"...

Just like with the jumper leads incident, CMB got all the credit, while I was there & knew what to do too but again got ignored...

CMB is a bloody glory whore...

Tash, I'd be a little concerned by this behavior, I think Jenj has a crush on CMB *insert tongue poke smiley here*

Edit:
    Also you should know, "no res" wire is actually a bit of a misnomer, it does have resistance, which the meter will read but it is low enough that it is not really going to affect the reading.
    If you measure the resistance from the point before the no res wire & at the ends of the no res wire it is likely going to give you the exact same reading but if your meter was highly accurate (& expensive) you would see a difference.
    Last edited by Noe; 05-09-13 at 10:33 PM.
    margyb likes this.
    Essie's Glass DTs

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast