Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: First set of gear on order

First set of gear on order

G'day,
    I just did my first real product order and hoping I have made good choices. I watched a lot of reviews and went with stuff that seemed to be good quality.
    - iTaste V3.0 device
    - a set of colourful Kanger Evod tanks
    - a bridgeless 306 atomizer and drip tip for testing flavours
    - 6 or 7 double-shot juices at 70/30 that appeared to have good feedback

I firstly (naively and without research) purchased a basic (real cig imitation) kit with prefilled cartomisers from an aussie site and was not happy with it at all. Terrible flavour, endless issues with burnt smell and dodgy cartomisers. And causing some mild sore throat symptoms. Has just about turned me off the whole thing. So hoping the above gear will turn the situation around!

I'll back-up by saying that I've never been a "real" smoker. Hope that doesn't put me too much on the outer, as I know a lot of people here have smoked heavily (or are using vaping currently) to help quit. I have more of a habit that causes me to smoke mostly when working (driving) and/or when having a drink like coffee. It seems to be more of a pleasurable habit than an addiction as it doesn't affect me much if I stop. I'd rather satisfy this habit more safely and have some fun at the same time.
    Anyway that's my story.
    Noe, margyb, jen and 6 others like this.

AVF Regular
    welcome to the forums mate I think you will be very happy with your choices I also use an itaste v3 and it's great the evods are also a great tank to start with and I still use mine welcome to avf and I hope you enjoy your time here
    Samtron and spud like this.

aussie squonk box - the punisher - sig 100 watt - tesla series modded - vampire 26650 - modded chana - kamry 200 watt
    my etsy DEATHware

AVF Regular
    welcome and +1 on the above comment.

you've made some good choices and it's good to check out the reviews.

there will also be youtube to guide you and ask lot's of questions here, there are heaps of good selfless people here who's only ambition is to keep you off the smokes.

Not one of the above will ever recommend a cig-a-like...from what i gather they're all crap.

if you have any trouble with your gear come here and ask we'll get you on the right track. smoking sucks after getting vaping right.
    DEATHGUYJ, spud and Terradan like this.

I don't need squat for ages, i just went shopping.
    $1800.61 Spent on Vaping so far, stocked up for 2 years @ 8ml/per day.

AVF Regular
    Yup, i got sucked into the starter kit too - great for a while then you realize there's an even better option

I like your choices, very similar to my first (real) order aswell
    Samtron likes this.
    Switched from analog to electric: 21-Aug-13

Thanks for the positive replies. Looking forward to receiving the stuff.

Forgot to mention that I got it all from Vape King......Picture1.jpg I wanted to stay local in case i have any issues and they seem to have an excellent range (everything I needed) at very acceptable prices. Also (a personal thing) I have no tolerance for websites that are messy and hard to navigate!! Vape king's site is very simple, easy and modern.

My test flavors included - royal blend, honey nut, VK5, baked apple, cinnamon roll and cherry ripe. Sounds good on paper anyway!

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by tjs-81 View Post

My test flavors included - royal blend, honey nut, VK5, baked apple, cinnamon roll and cherry ripe. Sounds good on paper anyway!
    Vape King have good tobacco flavours, I liked the Royal Blend a lot.

And causing some mild sore throat symptoms. Has just about turned me off the whole thing. So hoping the above gear will turn the situation around!
    Just a heads up, sore throat is a very common side effect for new vapers. Vapour is more drying than smoke, but it passes after a week or so once your body gets used to it.
    spud and tjs-81 like this.

AVF Regular
    I noticed you hadn't ordered any nicotine. Power to you.

I'd suggest reading the thread in new vapers forum about nicotine, where to buy it, and why it's important.

How important is nicotine for new vapers? start with this one?

i know you weren't a heavy smoker so if you don't want nicotine, that's fine. but if you do decide to get nicotine to add to your juices you can make it to a lower strength, and maybe vape no nicotine sometimes. maybe 12mg would be a good place to start as you absorb less nicotine via vaping than smoking. I *think* the flavours you got may be doublers, which means they are double strength and you will need to at LEAST mix with some pg, and vg...maybe nicotine if you want. use a calculator like this one

Filbert's Vaping Toolkit to work out how much pg and vg.

you can get your first batch of nic 115ml HC Unflavored E-liquid [Z8 HC Unflavored 115ml] - $11.00 : Healthcabin Electronic Cigarettes - Wholesale and Retail

also Noe has a guide for first buyers here NEW MEMBERS: Introduce yourself here!!! it has some ideas on things you might need besides what you got. Vape king is great though, they have great reviews.

if i've gone and complicated stuff i beg your pardon.
    Last edited by Samtron; 08-09-13 at 03:37 PM.
    Noe and spud like this.

I don't need squat for ages, i just went shopping.
    $1800.61 Spent on Vaping so far, stocked up for 2 years @ 8ml/per day.

Quote Originally Posted by Samtron View Post
    I *think* the flavours you got may be doublers, which means they are double strength and you will need to at LEAST mix with some pg, and vg...maybe nicotine if you want. use a calculator like this one

Filbert's Vaping Toolkit to work out how much pg and vg.
    Thanks for this detailed response Samtron. Just confused a little about what you've said here^^^. Yes I ordered doublers as was going for a bit more flavour, but had assumed it was ready to use? When ordering you select your preferred pg/vg ratio. Have I missed something?

AVF Regular
    Yep, you've missed something!

A doubler is designed to be mixed 50/50 with either unflavoured nicotine juice or 0mg PG/VG if you prefer. The reason Australian vendors only sell doublers is that it is illegal to sell nicotine in Australia but not illegal to import it for personal use. So a Doubler is double the flavour additives...sort of like cordial, designed to be diluted.

When you order e-liquids from overseas they are single flavours that already contain nicotine, unless you specifically order 0mg nic. You can ask for one or more extra 'flavour shots' to get a stronger flavour, but they are not called doublers.

As far as I know Doublers are unique to Australia.

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    Quote Originally Posted by JenJ View Post
    Yep, you've missed something!

A doubler is designed to be mixed 50/50 with either unflavoured nicotine juice or 0mg PG/VG if you prefer. The reason Australian vendors only sell doublers is that it is illegal to sell nicotine in Australia but not illegal to import it for personal use. So a Doubler is double the flavour additives...sort of like cordial, designed to be diluted.

When you order e-liquids from overseas they are single flavours that already contain nicotine, unless you specifically order 0mg nic. You can ask for one or more extra 'flavour shots' to get a stronger flavour, but they are not called doublers.

As far as I know Doublers are unique to Australia.
    I think some EU countries now sell doublers too, as some have banned the sale of nicotine but they can still import it. I think Hungary is one of them.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast