Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Six Days using e-cig and my first day as a non smoker

Owl

Six Days using e-cig and my first day as a non smoker

Hi everyone,

I am pretty new to vaping, my e-cig arrived last Monday. I started puffing on my new stick right away. I had 10 real cigs left so decided to smoke 2 a day until they where gone. Today is my first day with no real ciggies, just the e-cig. So far I have not really noticed any major withdrawals - I have had a few moments where I have thought about and wanted a tobacco cig, I just kept myself busy and continued to use the e-cig and those moments passed away with relative ease.

I really did however enjoy those last 10 real cigs and they where on my mind the whole day while puffing on my e-cig. I had one in the afternoon and one before bed, and they somewhat became the highlight of my day for the last five days. It is really weird how those nasty little chemical sticks control you on so many levels. Today after going all day without smoking any real cigs I feel really proud of myself and I also feel a glimmer of hope that this time I really have a chance of making it to becoming a non smoker forever.

The e-cig I have been using is one of those basic ones that looks like a real cig --- I quiet like it but think it might get expensive buying those pre -filled carts for them. I figured I need something better while I work out what flav juice works for me --- so I have just ordered an ego battery with a clearomizer to try. I would also like to order some nic juice and was wondering if anyone has tried Zeus E-Juice? and - Is 70% PG 30% VG the best mix for a beginner? Well I better try and sleep - Oh yeah slight side effect of giving up smoking and transitioning to vaping --- my sleep patterns are all out of whack...

Happy Vaping
    Owl
    margyb, Old Dog, eteach and 3 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Owl View Post
    Hi everyone,

I am pretty new to vaping, my e-cig arrived last Monday. I started puffing on my new stick right away. I had 10 real cigs left so decided to smoke 2 a day until they where gone. Today is my first day with no real ciggies, just the e-cig. So far I have not really noticed any major withdrawals - I have had a few moments where I have thought about and wanted a tobacco cig, I just kept myself busy and continued to use the e-cig and those moments passed away with relative ease.

I really did however enjoy those last 10 real cigs and they where on my mind the whole day while puffing on my e-cig. I had one in the afternoon and one before bed, and they somewhat became the highlight of my day for the last five days. It is really weird how those nasty little chemical sticks control you on so many levels. Today after going all day without smoking any real cigs I feel really proud of myself and I also feel a glimmer of hope that this time I really have a chance of making it to becoming a non smoker forever.

The e-cig I have been using is one of those basic ones that looks like a real cig --- I quiet like it but think it might get expensive buying those pre -filled carts for them. I figured I need something better while I work out what flav juice works for me --- so I have just ordered an ego battery with a clearomizer to try. I would also like to order some nic juice and was wondering if anyone has tried Zeus E-Juice? and - Is 70% PG 30% VG the best mix for a beginner? Well I better try and sleep - Oh yeah slight side effect of giving up smoking and transitioning to vaping --- my sleep patterns are all out of whack...

Happy Vaping
    Owl
    Hi Owl, a lot of us start using cigalikes, (the e cigs that look like tobacco cigs), and from my own experience and a lot of the posts on here, most people move towards ego/clearo/evod setups, or something bigger like a mod pretty quickly. Its much cheaper than the pre-filled cartridges and you have a vast number of different flavours and nic strengths to choose from. The batteries last much longer as well. I have just started doing some basic mixing, using nic juice ordered from Health Cabin, and Aussie flavour doublers, (these you just mix 50/50 with unflavoured nic juice). Its pretty easy.

Noe has a brilliant thread here for a beginners set up, and there are lots of vapers in Perth that post on this forum, and I'm sure they would be more than willing to help you out with some advice.

Well done for getting off the stinkies, and welcome to AVF < Thats a smile if all you see is a box, having a bit of trouble with the smilies lately.
    All opinions expressed by me, are my own, I do not represent, or speak for, anyone but myself.

STOPPED SMOKING 11/08/13 STARTED VAPING 11/08/13

AVF Regular
    Good for you! : )

Which cigalike brand are you using, and does it contain nicotine? I'm thinking it may not if you bought it in Australia and if those two cigarettes became the highlight of your day it's probably because they were delivering the nicotine you are craving??
    spud likes this.

AVF Regular
    agree with the two above. you may need some nic juice to make the transition easier.

buying premixed juices is easiest, and the buying unflavoured nic and doublers and mixing them is next.

wow Zeus E-Juice is EXPENSIVE....better hope they are some GOURMET liquids...but yes...that's the idea. i'd suggest getting at least 18mg nic in 70/30 as that's a good place to start. 24mg is only for really heavy smokers. 30mg is ridiculous in my opinion.

i've jumped into mixing feet first and it's hard. and complicated. unless you're doing doublers which are fairly simple.

Noe is a legend who has helped me so much on my journey. And unfortunately/fortunately the bastard is often right. His quick setup guide is

NEW MEMBERS: Introduce yourself here!!! on this page

he has some cheap premixed juices to buy there, they are by a chinese vendor named Dekang. Dekang is "ok" in my experience, not "great", but "ok". Hangsen is better in my opinion. the idea i think is your juices do NOT have to cost you an arm and a leg, neither does your equipment. Healthcabin is great in that you can get everything you need in one order. You can also buy flavour concentrates and unflavoured concentrated nicotine there so you can mix your own, if you're up for it. (remember to get mixing tools like syringes and empty bottles if you go this route)

hope i haven't overwhelmed ya. Welcome and congrats for getting off the stinkies.
    Last edited by Samtron; 08-09-13 at 03:14 PM.
    RichoVonBlack, JenJ and spud like this.

I don't need squat for ages, i just went shopping.
    $1800.61 Spent on Vaping so far, stocked up for 2 years @ 8ml/per day.

AVF Regular
    oops double post....got a lil excited there...

I don't need squat for ages, i just went shopping.
    $1800.61 Spent on Vaping so far, stocked up for 2 years @ 8ml/per day.

Owl
    Thanks for the replies. I am using V2 e-cig, and it came with nic carts - I ordered them from the US. I got the V2 Red which is not too bad, and the Sahara flav carts which tastes like burnt ass hairs, really hoping I don't get desperate enough to have to vape those *shudder* I also got the tester flav carts, and to be honest none of the flav are really great. The mint tea, cherry and vanilla are all ok flav and the congress was not too bad. I still have the menthol, peppermint, chocolate and coffee yet to vape, I have only sucked on those a few times, so I figure they might taste ok once I get a good few decent puffs on them. All in all I am not overly impressed with the V2 flavs available and won't be purchasing any more from there.

The e-cig itself seems ok, the battery/s lasts me all day - I have both loaded with carts and switch between flav to keep things interresting. I have noticed that some of the carts seem to work better than others, they seem a bit hit and miss and work the best for those first few 10 or so puffs. I have basically used one cart a day and then switched to a new one - all the six carts I have used so far seem to still produce vapour. I am not 100% sure yet how to tell when they have run out, I have read they stop producing vap and can get a burnt taste. I guess I will figure that out as I go along.

I asked about Zeus Juice because the flav selection there is so varied and exotic and after tasting the sahara cart I am desperate for anything tasty and yum. The postage also seems reasonable at Zues -- The V2 kit was expensive and they slugged me more in postage price than the actual kit cost. I will have to check out more supplier places to get an idea of what nic juices cost and compare postage. In the meantime I think I might order a few of those exotic flav from Zues to try and a CE5 clearomizer for the ego so I have an extra. The gear I ordered only comes with one ego battery, one clearomizer, charger and a case and some plastic bottle thingo ego.jpg not sure what sort of quality this product is. It was only 12.50 AUD and the postage was free - might take a month to arrive lol.

I was a pack a day and on a bad day more than a pack - smoker. I recently cut my smoking in half and allowed myself 10 cigs a day (Smoked Blue Super kings) they are longer than the average cig so I figure a 20 pack would be equal to a pack of 25s. I got the 1.8 nic juice and that seems to be strong enough for me, I will proabably go down to a lower one as I progress.

Day 2 of no smoking and so far so good - not real urge to smoke - happy to continue to vape. Thanks for the encouragement, support and advice - I will check out the links and info you all posted. I feel excieted, and encouraged that I can manage to stay of the tar sticks. And omg there are so many nice shiny toys to look at here in the forums - some of you have so many - it boggles my mind. My V2 Lookalikes are dead boring now I have seen all your gear lol. One step at a time - I am happy to enjoy the journey and explore what this world of vaping is, and I look forward to getting to know more of you as I take those first steps.

ps - I can't see any smiley so thanks for letting me know what is was :-)
    spud likes this.

AVF Regular
    Owl, I'm not sure where you are in Perth but I have a shitload of flavours here and I'd be happy to meet up somewhere so you can try them. Then you might get a better idea of what you like.

I'm in the Bayswater area. : )
    Gresh11, Olfella and spud like this.

AVF Regular
    Good to see you are being looked after. Jenj is your shining knight in armour!!!!!! You are in good hands!!!!!!!
    JenJ and spud like this.

Owl
    That sounds great Jen, I am in the fremantle region. I have no car atm, my car is off the road. I didn't get rego papers so unfortunately was driving 6 months unrego ---mail redirect finally decided to kick in and a bill arrived with a nasty suprise and a fine for not handing plates in. Lucky I didn't get pulled over or have an accident. Long story short I had to take my car over the pits and it didn't pass -its not worth sinking any more money into an older car- so I am in the process of buying a younger used one... Bit of a headache really!

Thanks for the offer Jen, that is really nice of you - would like to take you up on it sometime, but will have to raincheck a meet till I have wheels again...
    JenJ and spud like this.

AVF Regular
    No problem, and any time you are up for it just PM me. : )

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast