Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Are flavours suppose to be subtle in taste?

Are flavours suppose to be subtle in taste?

G'day all, just got my first lot of equipment and flavours in on Friday, but I have noticed that the flavours are very subtle. For example, I bought a Vanilla flavour, and whilst inhaling it I cannot taste any flavour at all, and even when exhaling either via my mouth or nose, a slight after taste is all I can really taste. Is this normal? I don't expect a blast of taste in my mouth, but I would of thought there would of been something more distinguishing taste when vaping.
    alegria likes this.

Depends where you buy them from.

The American ejuices that I've tried, mainly Halo Ecigs and PinkSpot vapours, have very strong flavouring. I've read that most US ejuices are strong in flavour.

I've tried more than 40 or so Doublers from about 5 or 6 aussie vendors, and they are always far less in flavour intensity than US ejuices.

I kind of compare it to cheese. The sliced cheese you buy in Australia such as craft or coon sliced cheese is pale yellow and soft in taste and texture. US cheese is often loaded with more flavouring and is often Orange.

I prefer Aussie Vendor doublers. Flavour type is important for me. Too much flavour can distract me from what I'm doing whilst vaping.
    dfgdfg likes this.

Thanks for the quick reply.

The first bunch of flavours were Dekang ejuice from Health Cabin, since that was where I got my first shipment from and wanted everything at once. No that I am started I will look at some of the US makers of ejuice.

Also, what are doublers? Have read about them all over the forums but never know what there are. You simply add them to ejuice to double the volume? would this not just dilute and make the flavours weaker and nic level lower?
    alegria likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by dfgdfg View Post
    Thanks for the quick reply.

The first bunch of flavours were Dekang ejuice from Health Cabin, since that was where I got my first shipment from and wanted everything at once. No that I am started I will look at some of the US makers of ejuice.

Also, what are doublers? Have read about them all over the forums but never know what there are. You simply add them to ejuice to double the volume? would this not just dilute and make the flavours weaker and nic level lower?
    Strange, I mind most flavours too strong, dekang is pretty strong for me unless I mix them with something.

Doublers are local double shot strength of flavours without any nic in them since nicotine solution is illegal to sell in Australia.
    You mix them with the correct strength unflavoured nicotine solution you can buy from china, USA or NZ. Plus adding extra PG or VG if necessary to get the right nic mg and make it equal volume to the 'doubler' flavour. Once mixed the flavour is what they are supposed to be as a nic/flavour juice.

Because they are diluted by half after adding the nic component, they are made double flavour strength, hence "doublers". There's also triplers too.
    Last edited by coopz; 09-09-13 at 02:46 AM.
    Samtron and dfgdfg like this.

Thanks coopz, I think I understand now.

Basically if I buy a doubler, I would add an equal amount of the doubler with juice comprising of a mix of unflavoured VG/PG and nic, depending on the strength of nic I want in the juice. And if I use triplers, it is the same, but 1/3 tripler and 2/3 mix of PG/VG/nic. I also understand I will need to use one of the calculators listed in other posts to get the mix right.

Yeah, Filberts calculator is pretty handy, no need to download a program. Filbert's Vaping Toolkit
    necro and dfgdfg like this.

Quote Originally Posted by dfgdfg View Post
    G'day all, just got my first lot of equipment and flavours in on Friday, but I have noticed that the flavours are very subtle. For example, I bought a Vanilla flavour, and whilst inhaling it I cannot taste any flavour at all, and even when exhaling either via my mouth or nose, a slight after taste is all I can really taste. Is this normal? I don't expect a blast of taste in my mouth, but I would of thought there would of been something more distinguishing taste when vaping.
    You might find that if you have only given up the stinkies a little while ago, your taste buds will be pretty deadened. I found many vape flavours mild to begin with, but now, after being off the stinkies for a few weeks, the flavours seem a lot stronger, I've even cut down the flavour on some of the juices I started with, using unflavoured nic juice, because I found the flavour a little over powering. I also find that it depends on what I've eaten, if I've eaten a meal with a lot of garlic, onion or chilli in it, I usually give my teeth a brush before I vape, otherwise I can't taste the vape flavour at all.
    All opinions expressed by me, are my own, I do not represent, or speak for, anyone but myself.

STOPPED SMOKING 11/08/13 STARTED VAPING 11/08/13

AVF Regular
    i've found aussie flavours to be subtle, chinese flavours to be sweet, and never tried american flavours so can't comment.

i like the hangsen flavours over dekang. gonna modify them a little cos they way sweet. maybe add menthol and a little pg/vg
    dfgdfg likes this.

I don't need squat for ages, i just went shopping.
    $1800.61 Spent on Vaping so far, stocked up for 2 years @ 8ml/per day.

AVF Regular
    Having the right set up is a huge factor when it comes to flavour.

There are so many different juice delivery systems out there and they all act differently when it comes to flavour.

Variable voltage is another key factor, you might just need to up your volts to get better flavour. For instance, if you're vaping a standard res clearomizer on a regular ego battery the flavour will be weak.

What are you vaping on currently?
    Samtron and spud like this.

$3642 Spent on Vaping

i actually prefer subtle flavour, probably not so subtle that i cant pick any flavours at all but so far i found both velvet cloud and nicoticket suits me the most

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast