Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: No hay fever symptoms this September.

Talking No hay fever symptoms this September.

September is usually an awful month for me, (continuing until around December), I usually have a permanent headache, stuffed up sinuses, dry throat and cracked sore lips, all caused by my long time enemy hay fever. I usually dread the start of spring, the easterly winds, and the flowering of grass.

This year, nothing, no symptoms at all, my nose and sinuses are clear, my skin isn't dry and itchy, and no headaches. I am wondering if the ciggies magnified the symptoms. I'm vaping at a low rate of pg, so haven't really had the dries from pg, I also have always drunk a lot of water anyway, so maybe this helped as I've read that some people get the dries from vaping pg.

I also wonder if vaping in some way helps keep hay fever at bay, although I haven't read any info to suggest this. All I can say is if vaping is having this effect, I'm loving it : )

I have also noticed since my Partner started vaping, and stopped smoking, (he is finally off the ciggies altogether), he doesn't snore as much, and doesn't go through anywhere near the amount of tissues, (constant nose blowing), as he did a couple of weeks ago.

Anyone else experienced something similar?
    margyb, tally-ho and vaping_gal like this.
    All opinions expressed by me, are my own, I do not represent, or speak for, anyone but myself.

STOPPED SMOKING 11/08/13 STARTED VAPING 11/08/13

vaping hasn't helped me, last 2 weeks have been shit for me, pretty bad hayfever, havent had the cracked lips or dry skin, but the stuffy nose, headaches and sneezing have been real bad at times

AVF Regular
    Got a cold a couple weeks ago, after close to six months smoke free the difference was amazing.
    Samtron likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodiseifer View Post
    vaping hasn't helped me, last 2 weeks have been shit for me, pretty bad hayfever, havent had the cracked lips or dry skin, but the stuffy nose, headaches and sneezing have been real bad at times
    I lived in Sydney when I was studying, quite a few years ago now, the petrochemical pollution was murder for my hay fever, I had hives and a permanent sinus infection the whole time I lived there, I was very glad to leave. Mind you, I lived on Sth Dowling St, so the pollution was extreme. I hope you can get some relief Bodiserfer, hay fever is a bugger of a thing, I'm really hoping this change is permanent, whether or not it has anything to do with vaping or stopping the ciggies : )
    All opinions expressed by me, are my own, I do not represent, or speak for, anyone but myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Nakor View Post
    Got a cold a couple weeks ago, after close to six months smoke free the difference was amazing.
    Hey Nakor, were your symptoms less after not smoking?

Owl
    I have hay fever all year round. In the past when giving up the tar sticks I have noticed my hay fever seems worse. I have only been a week vaping and 4 days off the ooglie sticks. It will be interresting to see what if any effect vaping/ quiting smoking has on my hay fever/ allergies this time round...
    margyb likes this.

That's because it's still raining spud. Best wait for the cold dry days I think : )

Quote Originally Posted by Owl View Post
    I have hay fever all year round. In the past when giving up the tar sticks I have noticed my hay fever seems worse. I have only been a week vaping and 4 days off the ooglie sticks. It will be interresting to see what if any effect vaping/ quiting smoking has on my hay fever/ allergies this time round...
    I agree Owl, it will be an interesting study for sure. When I have given up the ciggies in the past, it made little or no difference to the hay fever, but this time it seems to be making a huge difference. We've also had unusually warm weather where I live, and this usually makes my symptoms worse, but not this time. I just hope it lasts : )

Quote Originally Posted by coopz View Post
    That's because it's still raining spud. Best wait for the cold dry days I think : )
    I'm in Esperance Coopz, and it hasn't rained here nearly as much as Perth, it was 25C today and windy, usually the worst sort of weather for my hay fever. The cold dry days are usually much better for me but we have had precious few of those this winter, its been very warm and everything is flowering madly here.

i was diagnosed with cough variant asthma about a year ago and use a preventative puffer twice a day, then ventolin if i need it. i gave up tobacco 3 weeks ago and have been vaping only. since then i started to forget to use the preventative medications a number of times. now i have gone about a week without any of it and have no cough at all. my doctor doesn't even know i stopped smoking so i should stay on it but forget as i don't feel any need for any of it now.
    margyb and LizBiz25 like this.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast