Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree103Likes

Thread: first day with no stinkies! so far,.....

AVF Regular

first day with no stinkies! so far,.....

And i think I'll make it easily as the only one i find hard these days is the morning coffee one.
    Been vaping since first nic & kit arrived on 22nd August.
    Went from about 15 - 20 a day to around 5 straight away in the first week.
    Then down to 3 -4 second week.
    This week been 1 - 2 a day, yesterday and the day before only 1 per day and put them out after a few drags as they tasted yuck.
    I'm a bit in shock to be honest, when i think about how long it has been since I went a day without one and didn't crave it.
    Must be over 20 years when i think about it.
    Got some yum juices on the way too, some from indigo and then quite a bit from Clarke at Nicoticket.
    Hanging out for the Clarke juice bigtime.
    Noe, margyb, Crisscross and 16 others like this.

AVF Regular
    Well done BtB
    It really is easy isn't it ? :=)
    spud and Bobthebuilder like this.

AVF Regular
    thanks margyb!
    amazingly so, infact until I got my first kit and nic juice i honestly didn't think I'd ever be able to give it up, as much as i hated myself for it.
    Now to get my parents on it, I want them to stick around a bit to see my daughter grow up and hopefully any other anklebiters we might produce in the near future!
    Noe, margyb, lozza 82 and 3 others like this.

Retired Account
    WTG Bob! It was on my second day with my first ecig that it suddenly occurred to me that I could quit smoking. I don't know why, but I was all of a sudden very confident that I could not just cut down on my smoking, but that I could stop all together. It was the most awesome moment! It wasn't the same as any other time I'd had a period of abstinence from smoking, where I really had to psyche myself into it and pretty much fib to myself with a whole lot of untrue affirmations that I was giving up, I was a non smoker now, I would never smoke again, etc. It was a quiet confidence and a certainty, different to anything I'd ever experienced before. It was a weight lifted off me.

I don't understand why it doesn't work for every smoker, but I know that it doesn't. When it was so easy for me, I thought that would be everyone's experience. A lot of my friends who have tried haven't succeeded, so I know it's not universally effective, but at the very least, it's another tool in the artillery which has and will continue to extend people's lives.

It only took me three weeks to leave the cigs behind .............. over 18 months now, and I reckon the bridge back is well and truly burnt.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Dog View Post
    It only took me three weeks to leave the cigs behind .............. over 18 months now, and I reckon the bridge back is well and truly burnt.
    That's exactly the amount of time I've been on the vapes, exactly 3 weeks ago today!
    spud likes this.

well done bob, congrats
    spud and Bobthebuilder like this.

AVF Regular
    Well done mate, you get a free dancing banana ,,

griz.gif
    JenJ, spud and Bobthebuilder like this.
    Vaporista
    Noob for life

Last Analog

12-12-12 at Midnight

"If it was easy, all the cool kids would be doing it",

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsgruffy View Post
    WTG Bob! It was on my second day with my first ecig that it suddenly occurred to me that I could quit smoking. I don't know why, but I was all of a sudden very confident that I could not just cut down on my smoking, but that I could stop all together. It was the most awesome moment! It wasn't the same as any other time I'd had a period of abstinence from smoking, where I really had to psyche myself into it and pretty much fib to myself with a whole lot of untrue affirmations that I was giving up, I was a non smoker now, I would never smoke again, etc. It was a quiet confidence and a certainty, different to anything I'd ever experienced before. It was a weight lifted off me.

I don't understand why it doesn't work for every smoker, but I know that it doesn't. When it was so easy for me, I thought that would be everyone's experience. A lot of my friends who have tried haven't succeeded, so I know it's not universally effective, but at the very least, it's another tool in the artillery which has and will continue to extend people's lives.
    Thanks ms gruf!
    Same thing with me, I only thought it would be good to cut me down.
    I was expecting it to get me down to 4 or 5 a day but didn't think id ever give up the morning coffee one, the after meal one, the before bed one.
    I do find I still want to go outside though
    I suppose that's a good thing!
    mrsgruffy and spud like this.

=the day before only 1 per day and put them out after a few drags as they tasted yuck.
    I've been vaping for only about 6 weeks now and have had probably 4 or 5 rollies in that time. Mainly it was just to serve as a comparison to vaping and you're right - they tasted yuck!

I rolled one on Saturday before heading off to the footy, had about 2 drags and it's still sitting in the ashtray.

Think I might frame it and hang it on the wall in the bar, just for posterity.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast