Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: New kit problems maybe?

AVF Regular

New kit problems maybe?

Hi there

Got my new kit today upgraded from cig a likes to an ego k battery 1100 ma ce4 clearomisers 70/30 pg/VG juice but I'm not getting the vapour production I expected, I charged the battery straight out of the box but it only took 20 mins til it went green. Is there a breaking in time for the new clearo or maybe the battery not charged ect doesn't seem to be too much more vapour compared to the cig a like and throat hit wasnt much better, am I expecting too much?
    Last edited by ben_76; 13-09-13 at 02:28 PM.

AVF Regular
    Do you know what resistance that clearos are? Ce's are probably better than a cigalike, but not by a massive amount.

AVF Regular
    2.4 I think but I'm not 100% on that, is there another tank to fit the battery that would give me better vapour production? That's not massively expensive, assuming its more to do with the clearo than the battery.

Quote Originally Posted by ben_76 View Post
    Hi there

Got my new kit today upgraded from cig a likes to an ego k battery 1100 ma ce4 clearomisers 70/30 pg/VG juice but I'm not getting the vapour production I expected, I charged the battery straight out of the box but it only took 20 mins til it went green. Is there a breaking in time for the new clearo or maybe the battery not charged ect doesn't seem to be too much more vapour compared to the cig a like and throat hit wasnt much better, am I expecting too much?
    Ignore my first post : )

I use 2.4 ohms CE6 clearos, so I can replace the coil heads. I usually let the clearo sit for a couple of minutes before vaping, then give it two quick pulls which I don't inhale. I use pretty much the same set up as you Ben, and it works pretty well. Could also be the difference in juices, some with more vg produce more vapor, more pg produces more flavour. What sort of juice are you vaping?
    Last edited by spud; 13-09-13 at 02:54 PM. Reason: stupidity on my part
    All opinions expressed by me, are my own, I do not represent, or speak for, anyone but myself.

STOPPED SMOKING 11/08/13 STARTED VAPING 11/08/13

AVF Regular
    I use clearos all the time but I can get the same amount of vapour from a boge 510D LR cartomiser (SMILE)
    Robray likes this.

AVF Regular
    Not 100% sure if it will work with your battery but there is a way to change the voltage mode on some egos. Do the 5 clicks and turn it off, then hold the button continuously for 10s (or until it blinks). If it works it will put it into a mode where it will output a greater voltage when freshly charged. Might help with the clearos if they're 2.4.

From what I've seen the EVODs and iClears are quite popular. I've found even the vivi novas are better than ce#'s. You may want to investigate using a slightly lower resistance with an ego, something like 1.8-2.0.
    ben_76 likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakor View Post
    Not 100% sure if it will work with your battery but there is a way to change the voltage mode on some egos. Do the 5 clicks and turn it off, then hold the button continuously for 10s (or until it blinks). If it works it will put it into a mode where it will output a greater voltage when freshly charged. Might help with the clearos if they're 2.4.

From what I've seen the EVODs and iClears are quite popular. I've found even the vivi novas are better than ce#'s. You may want to investigate using a slightly lower resistance with an ego, something like 1.8-2.0.
    Yes 5 clicks turns it off ill give holding it down for 10 secs a try, but what happens when the voltage drops does it just revert back?
    Also I'm using hangseng juice spud.
    If its the actual thickness of the juice I'm craving more than the production would a juice with more VG give me that effect.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by ben_76 View Post
    Yes 5 clicks turns it off ill give holding it down for 10 secs a try, but what happens when the voltage drops does it just revert back?
    Also I'm using hangseng juice spud.
    If its the actual thickness of the juice I'm craving more than the production would a juice with more VG give me that effect.
    It will slowly decrease as the battery charge diminishes until it reaches the normal regulated voltage. Typically VG will give more vapour, PG more throat hit, ymmv.

Welcome to the experimentation phase.

AVF Regular
    Haha yes it's very much the experimental phase going on here

AVF Regular
    2.4 ohms is too high for a standard ego battery which outputs about 3.4 volts. This is why your vapour production is bad.

You need to get low res (1.8 ohms) clearomizers/cartos.

Or get a variable voltage battery so you can crank up the volts a bit.

$3642 Spent on Vaping

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast