Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By bikam0wz
  • 1 Post By bikam0wz

Thread: Noobie needs more help from the wise.

AVF Regular

Noobie needs more help from the wise.

Hi guys. I've been using protank 2 and mini protanks for around 15-20 days now and i think i need something better. I mainly use the protank 2 and have noticed that the coils can be a bit hit and miss. One might last 3-4 days, the next only one day before my juice tastes like crap and i get a sort of burnt taste.
    I've tried making my own micro and nano coils but they make me REALLY angry as it takes me about 6 builds to get one that works for some unknown reason. When I do get it to work its awesome. Great taste and thick vapour, which is what I'm after. But I also get leaking out the bottom of the coil and juice splatter in my mouth..... Which sux by the way.
    What I want to know is, is there a better way? Should I move on to a different set up or do i just need to get better at making my own coils? What other systems do you guys use to give great flavour and vapour thats cost effective and easy to use? I mainly use an itaste 134 if it helps.
    Cheers guys :-)

Been where you are...lol. I'm still very much a newb and being a dumb programmer I am also naturally hopeless with hardware

When I was using the kangers I'd do a session over the weekend and rebuild/test/rinse/repeat to make sure I had enough for the coming week. Way too much work for my liking so bought an RSST and moved to a whole new level of frustration with mesh and hot spots. But I continued using the kangers while I stuck at the genesis builds and slowly became better at them. Am currently running the RSST, an AGA-T2 and an AGI and can recoil reasonably quickly now. For what its worth I'm much happier with the genesis style atties, but that's just what is working best for me at the moment. This weekend I hope to rebuild my Magoo for the first time and start playing with micro coils and cotton on my IGO-W... and so my vaping journey continues.
    Driesy77 likes this.

... lurkin' and a likin' and a learnin'...

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by bikam0wz View Post
    Been where you are...lol. I'm still very much a newb and being a dumb programmer I am also naturally hopeless with hardware

When I was using the kangers I'd do a session over the weekend and rebuild/test/rinse/repeat to make sure I had enough for the coming week. Way too much work for my liking so bought an RSST and moved to a whole new level of frustration with mesh and hot spots. But I continued using the kangers while I stuck at the genesis builds and slowly became better at them. Am currently running the RSST, an AGA-T2 and an AGI and can recoil reasonably quickly now. For what its worth I'm much happier with the genesis style atties, but that's just what is working best for me at the moment. This weekend I hope to rebuild my Magoo for the first time and start playing with micro coils and cotton on my IGO-W... and so my vaping journey continues.
    Thanks, time to go to the google machine and check out the things you just mentioned.... Cheers.

The RSST is inexpensive and easy starter for genesis style if you want to give that a go to see if it's your thing. I did find them frustrating at first but am glad I stuck with it. There are heaps of you tube vids out there and threads here. Am sure other with more experience will also chime in with suggestions.
    Itsmerobyn likes this.

AVF Regular
    Yeah the rsst thing looks good. I would prefer a glass tank but ease of use is prolly a better option for me at this point in time :-)

Couple of threads I was following at the time...

Finally built my first working Gennie :D ......... I think, lol

My RSST is starting to shit me.

RSST - how do YOU build your coils and wicks

One other thing - not sure as I haven't used an iTaste 134 - but pulsing the coils might be a bit of a pain. Going into the menus on the provari drove me nuts until I got my Vamo (or now I use a mech).

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellfish View Post
    Hi guys. I've been using protank 2 and mini protanks for around 15-20 days now and i think i need something better. I mainly use the protank 2 and have noticed that the coils can be a bit hit and miss. One might last 3-4 days, the next only one day before my juice tastes like crap and i get a sort of burnt taste.
    I've tried making my own micro and nano coils but they make me REALLY angry as it takes me about 6 builds to get one that works for some unknown reason. When I do get it to work its awesome. Great taste and thick vapour, which is what I'm after. But I also get leaking out the bottom of the coil and juice splatter in my mouth..... Which sux by the way.
    What I want to know is, is there a better way? Should I move on to a different set up or do i just need to get better at making my own coils? What other systems do you guys use to give great flavour and vapour thats cost effective and easy to use? I mainly use an itaste 134 if it helps.
    Cheers guys :-)
    I don't own nor use Protanks but from what I have read they are not going to be that great. You really shouldn't be needing to replace coils every 4 days!
    If you have silica wicks, then you can clean your coils with a dry burn, look on youtube there's plenty of instructional vids for dry burning.
    I personally thing CE3 clearos perform better than Protanks or Evods do. Their only real drawback is in juice capacity but the fog produced is close to that of RBA's, with good flavor & no dry hits. I use them when I am not using my RBAs, as my main "go to" back ups.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

Hellfish - The difference between Kanger heaven and Kanger hell can be about 1/8th of a turn on the base. When you put the base on don't screw it in super tight, otherwise the silicon cap will end up covering your wicks. Just screw the base on lightly and use that last 1/8th of a turn to fine tune how much juice you get to your wicks.

AVF Regular
    try turning the o ring upside down if its not getting enough juice to the coil.
    im having the other problem, too much juice causing it to spit into my mouth - yuk