Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Genisis RBA's ?

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me

Genisis RBA's ?

Hey all, just wanted to ask a quick question regarding the word "Genisis" i see it mentioned alot but i havent been able to clarify what the difference between a Genisis style RBA (or Mod?) as opposed to others? Im leaning toward them having removable driptips but could be way off any help?
    P.S getting close to 2 months off the cigs for myself and my partner....and i seem to be forming some type of Fasttek Addiction
    bethydy likes this.

AVF Regular
    Genesis mods usually refer to rebuildable atomizer tanks that use SS mesh for wick.
    Abraxsas likes this.

AVF Regular
    Genesis is more a style of RBA, that uses stainless steel mesh wicks. You could have a look at AGA-T or RSST to get an idea. Unlike clearo's\carto's\evods\etc, they require you to actually roll and oxidise your own wicks and then wrap the coil on the wick yourself. I'd suggest you spend a decent amount of time on youtube seeing what's involved before diving in headfirst (unlike of my converts who's doing that this week)

If you do go ahead with them and use fasttech, I'd probably suggest the rsst that's on there. The cobra\did clones can be troublesome. Also, you would need to source mesh and wire to build with.
    Samtron and Abraxsas like this.

AVF Regular
    First off, 'mod' refers to the battery compartment. Egos are considered a mod. Vamo is a variable voktage/wattage (vv/vw) mod. Mechanical mods are just plain battery tubes that dont have a screen or pcb board in it.

Genesis atties are a type of atty. Clearomisers are silica atties. Protanks are bottom fed silica atties where the coil is down the bottom of the tank. Genesis are mesh style atties where the coil sits in the top of the atty. All genesis style atties have removable drip tips. But do a little reseqrch be4 using mesh atties. They might be a little complicated for newbies. It does take time setting up but overall the vape quaity is better then your standard clearos or protanks.

Over time comes experience. Stay on this forum more and you will leqrn alot more. Watch out for your wallet though.
    Samtron and Abraxsas like this.

AVF Regular
    oh, 'RBA' stands for rebuildable atomizers, which are atties that require setup before using. These are your genesis style atomizers, kayfuns (another more advanced silica style atty). Your standard atomizers clearos/protanks/vivi novas are use and replace, where you only need to buy the atomizer heads to replace the internals.

Ah ha!! thx for the replies that clears it up nicely ty...and i have actually ordered a RSST RBA from Fasttek lol so yeah im up for the RBA challenge, have been watching quite a lot of youtube vids and did see some regarding rolling mesh....but i think now ive been on the Ego's/clearo's for 6 weeks im ready to slowly move into the next phase of my vaping career (RBA's, Mech Mods and Vamo's). Jump in the deep end with some cheap Chinese gear.
    Itsmerobyn likes this.

Dude, don't do it. Genesis RBA's are massive pain in the arse for a marginal improvement in vape quality. If what you are using is working, my advice is stick with it. Good enough is nearly always good enough.
    Samtron likes this.
    Life is too short for genesis atomisers and pbusardo reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by AlbinoNeutrino View Post
    Dude, don't do it. Genesis RBA's are massive pain in the arse for a marginal improvement in vape quality. If what you are using is working, my advice is stick with it. Good enough is nearly always good enough.
    I hear what your saying...but for the small price its gonna give me something to keep myself occupied with, i can simply add it to my been there done that list if it turns out to be more trouble than its worth.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by AlbinoNeutrino View Post
    Totally disagree. The difference between clearos and genesis's vape quality is like the earth and sky. You will always, i mean ALWAYS get that wax/candle taste from using clearos, and the longer your use it, the worse it gets. It changes the flavor of your juice altogether. Mesh flavors will always be pure, and you get a better throat hit and stronger flavor out of it.

Plus, once you know and master how to rebuild gennies, you will never go back to clearos.
    Singo, Gresh11, bikam0wz and 1 others like this.

AVF Regular
    If you have some $ and patience, I say it's worth it. Mainly just to see if its your thing or not. Won't know if you don't try. Get different widths of wire etc as well.
    RSST is a good unit to learn on and can easily be used with a micro coil and cotton wick when you try that out a little later.
    Good luck!
    Abraxsas likes this.
    supporter of genuine mods and attys

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast