Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Vaping nic with Arizer Solo

Vaping nic with Arizer Solo

Hi,

I'm brand new to vaping and having problems getting started. I purchased some juice via NZ from ecigs.net.au and put a drop onto some cotton wool and loaded it up into my Arizer Solo herb vaporizer. It was so harsh that I couldn't take any of the vape without major coughing fit. After a while, it got smoother and then was finally smooth just at the end before it ran out.

I tried a much. much smaller amount and had the same effect except that this time it got smoother faster, and ran out faster. I figured it might be the strength of the liquid so I bought some Glycerol and cut it down, then tried again with a very tiny amount (less than half a drop) but the same incredible harsh smoke was still too hard to take.

There was no-way that I was getting enough nicotine doing it this way, so I gave up and bought some ciggies. What am I doing wrong?

Also, yesterday I purchased a Joye 510-T starter kit so hopefully that will work with this juice, but I'm worried that it might be the juice that is the problem?

--D

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    First, Welcome to AVF.

Next see my post here for a list of gear that works well for newbies: NEW MEMBERS: Introduce yourself here!!!

It looks to me like you have used the wrong type of device to vape with & the 510-T isn't going to be much better for you unfortunately.
    Samtron likes this.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

Retired Account
    Welcome Donatus.. I don't think your dry herb vapouriser is the right gear to use for vaping, but I haven't used one myself, so I can't be sure of that.
    You'll probably find your 510-T kit will be a much better experience.
    Let us know what you think of that when you try it.
    Vaping is not the same as smoking.
    Try to take longer, slower draws, hold the vapour in your mouth for a moment, and then inhale fully, if you choose to.
    Strictly speaking, you don't need to inhale to get the nicotine, as most of it will be absorbed through the mucous membranes of your mouth and throat.
    What is the mg/mL of nicotine in the liquid you purchased?
    Please let us know if you have more problems when you have tried vaping using your new kit.
    Good luck!!
    Samtron likes this.

AVF Regular
    device is for dry herbs not liquid ... buy pouch of tobacco ..chop it up fine .. pack bowl and vape ... can add few drops of vg/pg to tobacco for more vaper ..
    Samtron likes this.
    http://forums.aussievapers.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2478&dateline=1380789817

Thanks for the advice. I think you're right. Do you think I also need to purchase a clearomizer for the 510-T to make it work well with this liquid? Sorry, I'm still learning all the jargon.

I bought a flavoured juice which says MED mg (no numbers) and some unflavoured juice that says 24mg. Both have about the same effect.

Cheers,

--D

Retired Account
    If you bought a starter kit, you should have everything you need in it. Can you post a link to the kit you bought?

Here is the kit I bought. (Worryingly, it now says Out of Stock but it didn't last night when I ordered)

510-T - Joyetech 510-T Starter Kit Black - Bozecig Electronic Cigarettes

--D

Noe
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Donatus View Post
    Thanks for the advice. I think you're right. Do you think I also need to purchase a clearomizer for the 510-T to make it work well with this liquid? Sorry, I'm still learning all the jargon.

I bought a flavoured juice which says MED mg (no numbers) and some unflavoured juice that says 24mg. Both have about the same effect.

Cheers,

--D
    MED is usually 16 to 18mg/ml.
    If you bought a kit, then it will have atomizers & tanks, that's what the T stands for in 510-T. They work in a similar way to the eGo-C tank system.
    The reason I say they will not work well for you, is they are a device that has a short run time & need frequent recharging, while also being a little under powered, which causes you to use it more frequently that the devices I recommended.
    It will work better than a dry herb device but it still won't satisfy as well as an eGo with clearos.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Noe
    Quote Originally Posted by Donatus View Post
    Here is the kit I bought. (Worryingly, it now says Out of Stock but it didn't last night when I ordered)

510-T - Joyetech 510-T Starter Kit Black - Bozecig Electronic Cigarettes

--D
    Yep that is exactly the kit I thought you were talking about.
    180mah batteries will last an average smoker about 1-2hrs at most before needing to be recharged.
    You are honestly better off buying an eGo set up, which hits harder & has better run time.
    Samtron likes this.
    Essie's Glass DTs

AVF Regular
    you've had good advice. there's not much i can add in that department.

see noe's post earlier in the "new members introduce yourself here" thread for upgrading to more suitable gear.

I'm sorry you've had a less than fantastic start to vaping...but once you're setup it'll be cheaper than smoking.

Also i know the dry herb vapouriser you are talking about. I've got something similar. Spent $300 on it...but it was vaping OTHER stuff...not nicotine. As someone said earlier you could probably get away with chopping tobacco up adding pg/vg/nic juice to it, then vaping it in your dry herb vapouriser....but i get the feeling that's not what you're after.

I'm sensing, and i could be wrong, that you're looking for an alternative to cigarettes. for that you've found the right place and started off with slightly inferior gear...i really hope that doesn't deter you.

The biggest thing for me has been a winter of vaping with no chest infections, and i don't cough my lungs up in the morning anymore. That's why i think you're on the right track.

May i agree with all of the above, and suggest you get gear that works better for? you need a battery (ego style) that will keep up with your smoking/vaping needs, you've got the right nicotine juice, the medium stuff you cut down with glycerine, you can add some of that "unflavoured 24mg" juice to, and make it back up at medium strength again.

Let us know how much you diluted your first mixture with glycerine, how much of the first mixture you started with, we'll tell you how much of the unflavoured 24mg juice to add.

then use it in your 510T setup (youtube will show you how if you look up your brand of vape gear) until you get your newly ordered setup (i suggest an ego c Twist 1100mah or similar the twist means you can turn up the power, mah stands for how long your battery will last or power its got stored, your 180mah battery is approx 2hours worth, not enough to get your through most of the day before charging)

sorry for the long post i hope this helps

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uiqilOJDsfI
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOi-g6irdD8
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRqGW2XPNS4
    Last edited by Samtron; 18-09-13 at 01:43 PM.

I don't need squat for ages, i just went shopping.
    $1800.61 Spent on Vaping so far, stocked up for 2 years @ 8ml/per day.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast