Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Aarg! Help, swollen tongue - no taste, vaping just got bad

Angry Aarg! Help, swollen tongue - no taste, vaping just got bad

Hi all, been a very happy newby and after a week my tongues swollen, can't taste properly. I was vaping LIQUA Ejuice Variety Pack from HealthCabin and all good. Then got some Peach Tea from VapeBar in Perth, which is delicious but after a day my tongue started to play up. Went back to LIQUA but no improvement. Can anyone advise? Starting to think about going back to smoking analogues..!

AVF Regular
    Differences between the juices as far as VG / PG ratios possibly?
    jimboperthwa likes this.
    Pipes, tubes, boxes, atomisers.

ECHO ALPHA DELTA CHARLIE

AVF Regular
    get onto a VG heavy soup mate try 80/20 or maybe 70/30 the PG does that to a few people it makes my mouth dry as well
    jimboperthwa likes this.
    My biggest fear is that I might die and my missus will sell my vape gear for what I told her it cost

Konstantinos Farsalinos Nothing will be offered to you. You have to fight for your rights....

AVF Regular
    happened to me - google "vapers tongue" - to get over it drink shitloads of water and citrus juices etc - maybe some of the more experienced people will have better suggestions but that's what i did.... is your mouth dry and you nasal passages dry as well???
    jimboperthwa likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by jimboperthwa View Post
    Hi all, been a very happy newby and after a week my tongues swollen, can't taste properly. I was vaping LIQUA Ejuice Variety Pack from HealthCabin and all good. Then got some Peach Tea from VapeBar in Perth, which is delicious but after a day my tongue started to play up. Went back to LIQUA but no improvement. Can anyone advise? Starting to think about going back to smoking analogues..!
    Had similar reactions to HC and HG nic and straight pg when I first started. I took a couple of antihistamines and a lot of water. Took a day or so to settle. Try some blue strepsils just to quieten things down.
    jimboperthwa and Pipesub like this.

AVF Regular
    Last night my lips swelled up went bright red , today less swollen dont know why , vaping same stuff as usual 50/50 blend,, I did retry my organic one that's very high in alcohol ? Got worried anyone had this ? Had lines red where drip tip sit on my lips

CCC
    No I haven't heard of this before but it sounds like an allergy to something. The pg or vg or even the drip tip, maybey you got nic on your lips?
    GirlyPantz likes this.

AVF Regular
    Maybe I'm scared now lol, I know I had one of those deep vape sections where you leave drip in your mouth ,,so much better today but were bright red and swollen like burns , put paw paw and went to bed hope it doesn't happen again x

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by jimboperthwa View Post
    This sounds like an allergic reaction to something, it may of course be unrelated to vaping but just chose now to surface.

Step 1 -- seek immediate medical advice before your airways become compromised -- my tongue swells from some antibiotics before it starts causing swelling in my throat. Have you started any new medications herbal or prescription?.... discuss with the doctor while you are there.

Step 2 -- start doing a processes of elimination for everything you have come in contact with recently -- have you eaten anything out of the ordinary, or was there a chance that something you have ingested may have contained or come in contact with a known allergen. (eg not all margarine is suitable for people with a peanut allergy) Have you started using new products around the house or worn new clothes without washing them 1st. Have you been gardening.... plants and insects could cause a reaction. Have you been bitten by by anything. etc...

Step 3 -- if it is clear that e-cigarettes or e-liquid are the likely cause consider the make-up of your drip tip a lot of cheap chrome is plated nickel... change to plastic or delrin. The main carrier PG or VG might be causing an allergic response... try vaping straight VG and straight PG to eliminate them as the cause, it is extremely rare to be allergic to both..... Most toothpastes contain PG(its actually in a lot of products as well as food). The flavour may contain a known allergen... try a different flavour.

Best of luck I hope this helps

Something else to consider.....
    Have you eaten anything that contains Pine Nuts...... this mainly effects taste only but search for "Pine Mouth" while it can be distressing if undiagnosed, it is really more of an annoyance.
    Last edited by GirlyPantz; 18-09-13 at 05:59 PM.

AVF Regular
    Is there many options for a mainly VG based juice I know vaping cobra do VG juice but then youd have to mix your own nic what about the pre mixes any over seas options, I don't get those symtoms but I'm very new to vaping but I'd be interested to know.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast