Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Importing nicotine - Customs and the TGA

AVF Regular

Importing nicotine - Customs and the TGA

Alcohol/Cig/Tobacco2

For new (and old) vapers, one of the most common questions/concerns is regarding the importation of liquid nicotine. Here is the relevant information from the customs website, including information provided by the TGA (Therapeutic Goods Administration). It specifically mentions the 3 month supply commonly quoted, but no specifics as to what volume of liquid that represents.
    margyb and da_doc86 like this.

AVF Regular
    i need 1 litre of 48mg strength nicotine at LEAST every 3 months...

I don't need squat for ages, i just went shopping.
    $1800.61 Spent on Vaping so far, stocked up for 2 years @ 8ml/per day.

AVF Regular
    10ml x 30days x 3months = 900ml.

I need to place another order. Bwahahaha.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

However, the TGA only specifies it MAY come under their control and be subject to the 3 month supply quota IF the packaging makes any claim of theraputic benefit ie as a quit smoking aid. Otherwise we are simply importing a poison that has no controls placed on it as far as import restrictions go...

Wups... just read the additional bit about DoHA and the individual import of 3 months supply... Interesting, however as there are no controls over the import as a poison, I would suggest they are simply advising that to try keep in line with the TGA policy. As said above, who decides what constitutes a 3 month supply?
    Last edited by Dartonian; 20-09-13 at 03:57 PM.

Wow talk about vague. Has anyone ever actually experienced any problems or heard of anyone that has?
    Hit up my YouTube channel for tonnes of vaping reviews.

Super Moderator
    Had my recent package get checked by customs, let through perfectly fine. It's all smoke and mirrors at the moment, even they don't know wtf they are doing, and i suspect it will stay that way for a LONG LONG time.

AVF Regular
    I think unless you're bringing it in by the barrel, it's going to get through just fine. I actually wonder if the accurately labelled stuff gets less scrutiny.

Super Moderator
    My bottles were labelled accurately.... had MG ratings, and everything on them... i will take a pic when i get home.

AVF Regular
    That's been my experience. I think unlabeled or strangely labelled bottles would be far more likely to raise concern. I posted the link so new vapers could see that customs isn't overly concerned.
    keyboardmama and spud like this.

Nakor,
    Thanks for posting that link... It sums it all up pretty well, and from an official source too.

BUT... I just went back and re-read the info and there is no mention of the 3 month supply at all.
    Has it been amended between the times I've read it? (about 3 days since I posted above)
    Have a look and see what you think as I'm sure 3 days ago there was a blurb about 3 months supply from both TGA and DoHA...
    Now it only indicates that if an e-cig package makes any theraputic claims it will be referred to TGA...

Or am I just imagining things???

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast