Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree73Likes

Thread: days away from the switch

days away from the switch

Hi There,

There was an article in the sun-herald last Sunday about e-cigs and it propelled me into watching vids on you tube and subsequently ordering some this week with a mind to being rid of nicotine delivery via combustion.

I ordered two starter kits to try and cover all bases

1. 2x eGo T with Ce4 clearomizer
    2. Volt 808(?) with cartomizers

My guess is the Australian order will come tomorrow. Unfortunately it does not include niquid so I have to wait for that.
    I'm very impatient though and thought I could start vaping tomorrow while wearing a patch.

I watched a you tube clip which suggests that prior to vaping, you should switch to your least favourite tobacco before the switch. So i'm thinking I start smoking menthols till it arrives.

I'm very exited about all this, its been 18 years on the analogues with a few failed attempts to quit.

saw this lecture about quit rates and air quality and harm reduction on you tube: Electronic cigarettes: What we know so far - YouTube

I've always said that I like the ritual of smoking and that is what has drawn me to e cigs

And I love getting stuff in the mail

I'm really exited

I may have questions in the coming days/weeks if that's ok.

AVF Regular
    Good luck with it and welcome to the forum.

Pop your location in your profile, there may be friendly people near you who can give you some help and support if you need it.

Good to see some positive outcomes from our media exposure.
    margyb, purplgirl and spud like this.
    Pipes, tubes, boxes, atomisers.

ECHO ALPHA DELTA CHARLIE

I'm trying to make the switch too. What prompted me to do it was seeing that lady smoking behind Peter Beattie when he gave his concession speech on election night. Everyone in my house roared with laughter so bad we couldn't hear anything that Peter was saying, but it made me realise that ecigs have gone mainstream so its time to have a look at them.

I've got my juice already, and the vape should arrive tomorrow (delayed by the vendor - sigh) but I'm really hoping that I get the same great experience that everyone is talking about here on the forums.

Cheers!

--D
    Noe, GirlyPantz, margyb and 5 others like this.

AVF Regular
    Welcome emissary. Wait till you get some great juice going in your new shinies. You'll never look back.
    spud likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Donatus View Post
    I'm trying to make the switch too. What prompted me to do it was seeing that lady smoking behind Peter Beattie when he gave his concession speech on election night. Everyone in my house roared with laughter so bad we couldn't hear anything that Peter was saying,

--D
    I checked it out today on you tube, my dad was talking about it too. She was like a ill conceived vaping ambassador. The camera man practically put her in the middle of the shot with poor old Beattie on the side and some woman wearing a Beattie T shirt looked like she was tring explain to the woman vaping that she was in the shot and then she looks directly at the camera and continues vaping. hahahaha .. I totally forgot to listen to him too :)

Hey, the ego t arrived late this morning. been trying it out. I feel like an alien in the cantina from star wars. Liking it so far..looking forward to it delivering nicotine when I get the juice.

Also Its weird inhaling something that tastes nice and doesn't brutalise my taste buds, stain my teeth and fingers, and smell.

It's going to take some getting used to
    Noe, margyb, bugzme and 3 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by emissary View Post
    I checked it out today on you tube, my dad was talking about it too. She was like a ill conceived vaping ambassador. The camera man practically put her in the middle of the shot with poor old Beattie on the side and some woman wearing a Beattie T shirt looked like she was tring explain to the woman vaping that she was in the shot and then she looks directly at the camera and continues vaping. hahahaha .. I totally forgot to listen to him too

Hey, the ego t arrived late this morning. been trying it out. I feel like an alien in the cantina from star wars. Liking it so far..looking forward to it delivering nicotine when I get the juice.

Also Its weird inhaling something that tastes nice and doesn't brutalise my taste buds, stain my teeth and fingers, and smell.

It's going to take some getting used to
    That lovely Lady vaping next to Peter Beatie is a member of this very forum : ) She is also a great human being, and I'm sure she would be absolutely stoked that 2 smokers got curious and are going to switch to vaping, with all the benefits that brings, (and there are a lot of benefits), just from seeing her on the Teev.

Well done and welcome to the forum : )
    Noe, margyb, jen and 1 others like this.
    All opinions expressed by me, are my own, I do not represent, or speak for, anyone but myself.

STOPPED SMOKING 11/08/13 STARTED VAPING 11/08/13

T7x
    AVF Regular
    Epic thread, welcome guys.
    +2 Girly haha.
    spud likes this.
    Do you know de way 👺

AVF Regular
    i will say that after using the ego. the volt battery and carto will be assigned to the pile of not used.
    Noe and spud like this.

AVF Regular
    Girlypantz legend ! )

margyb, jen, JenJ and 3 others like this.

AVF Regular
    welcome and congrats.
    spud likes this.

I don't need squat for ages, i just went shopping.
    $1800.61 Spent on Vaping so far, stocked up for 2 years @ 8ml/per day.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast