Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Vaping and appetite?

Vaping and appetite?

Originally I posted this question on another thread:days away from the switch... but thought it may need its own thread.

Question: What do people reckon about smoking as an appetite suppressant? Does the nic do this or the 1000's of other chemicals in the cigarette? What has been your experience with vaping and appetite?

Sorry if this is something already discussed. And I could probably find out myself when I get the nic juice but i'm an impatient fellow and wondering if there is already a consensus in this matter.

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by emissary; 22-09-13 at 12:04 PM.
    Opdeemist likes this.

T7x
    AVF Regular
    Vaping makes me hungrier for sure, but it also seems to keep my metabolism fast... it's a weird system.
    I can definitely bulk up alot easier vaping than I did smoking.
    Opdeemist and emissary like this.
    Do you know de way 👺

Although I've found what T7x stated about metabolism to be correct with me also, I have not found it true for me about hungrier.

I have always had a sweet tooth but I have found some of the sweet juices seem to curb the intake of chocs and stuff, so obviously curbing my sweets intake helping curb weight gain. A wonderful side effect of vaping.
    T7x, spud and emissary like this.

T7x
    AVF Regular
    Ah yeah I have heard of it doing that for people aswell Opdeemist,
    I think it might be because I already had a very fast metabolism so when it speeds mine up it just goes into some crazy overdrive, I wonder if we can have a poll on this thread I'd be interested to see how it balances out for everyone.
    JenJ, Opdeemist and spud like this.
    Do you know de way 👺

Yes T7x,

It would be interesting apart from any unbiased studies conducted by real science on the effects of vaping, weight loss and weight control issues should be an extra consideration in the studies. It maybe a similar to the magic blue pill for blokes was initially designed for something else.

Maybe if guys and gals keep weight off with the help of vaping they won't need a blue pill. Lol
    T7x likes this.

AVF Regular
    one thing that always bothered me other times when I quit smoking was a huge increase in appetite and the associated weight gain, but vaping seems to have kept that at bay. my eating habits have not changed and I haven't gained any weight in the last 6 and a half months of not smoking. so it seems that for me, it's the nicotine that suppresses my appetite and not all the crap that's in smokes.
    spud likes this.

yeah sometimes i may be hungry but i have a vape and dont feel the need to eat anymore, so its definitely a suppressant for me. sometimes i avoid vaping before tea just so dont ruin my appetite
    If that doesn't work try a bigger hammer!

I thought vaping such yummy flavours would stave off cravings for sweets but it hasn't worked out that way, most the time it just compliments it haha!

Quote Originally Posted by kay67kay View Post
    one thing that always bothered me other times when I quit smoking was a huge increase in appetite and the associated weight gain, but vaping seems to have kept that at bay. my eating habits have not changed and I haven't gained any weight in the last 6 and a half months of not smoking. so it seems that for me, it's the nicotine that suppresses my appetite and not all the crap that's in smokes.
    This has been my experience too Kay, I tend to crave sweets at night, choccy biscuits, chocolate, cake, icecream, just about anything sweet would do. When I started vaping, I chose some dessert flavours, and this has absolutely stopped the cravings, (and any weight gain).

Weight gain is an important issue for a lot of people when they try to give up smoking, and one that is often trivialised, I know people who keep smoking because of a fear of gaining a lot of weight, and vaping for me, particularly if I vape dessert or fruit flavoured juice, has prevented the weight gain I had always experienced when trying to give up in the past.
    All opinions expressed by me, are my own, I do not represent, or speak for, anyone but myself.

STOPPED SMOKING 11/08/13 STARTED VAPING 11/08/13

maybe that explains my recent weight loss?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast