Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Ideas for improved vape

Ideas for improved vape

Hi all
    Only been going a couple of weeks using Evod clearos on an Ego Twist (will be on an itaste vv v3 as of tomorrow).

The above is all I've used and although it's a wicked little setup I am wondering if there is an even better vape to be had (I'm terms of setup) Eg specifically, i have been wondering how a good carto/tank combo would compare. Not thinking about big mods or anything just yet and I've done some dripping too which is cool.

Most likely you're wondering what the hell am I "vaping"... And I don't realise how good I've got it already, but I guess there's always room for improvement!

T7x
    AVF Regular
    Mini protank would be best in slot clearomiser upgrade.
    Carto tanks aren't bad they're more consistent but you will get sick of them pretty fast if you are like me and like high wattage, they burn anything over 8 watts.

Sent from my LT29i using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2
    Do you know de way 👺

AVF Regular
    I'll probably get flamed but to me carto tanks are a relic now. They were the bees knees when the other option was dripping or using an ego system (or just a carto). Now that clearos have been refined I can't imagine a reason to use them. Doubtless many will disagree and for all I know a carto better than the Boges have been developed. But in my experience using a carto tank with Boges offers no advantage over the current gen of clearos.

The next step from clearos is rebuildables and that's a whole new kettle of fish. Something like the Spheroid or a bottom coil rebuildable.
    Itsmerobyn, Rose, Toddosh and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by T7x View Post
    Mini protank would be best in slot clearomiser upgrade.
    Carto tanks aren't bad they're more consistent but you will get sick of them pretty fast if you are like me and like high wattage, they burn anything over 8 watts.

Sent from my LT29i using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2
    That's not true at all. I use cartos and tanks to take to work and run it at 10w all day everyday. Most cartos will last me 2-3 weeks hitting it like this. Not the best flavour, but convenient and the largest capacity. Almost a fill and forget setup.

At home I use gennies. They far exceed any carto or clearo for that matter in flavour and vapour productions as well as versatility.

hi

there are as may opinions what's better as many set up there is
    as Singo replayed, he uses cartos for work and gennies at home
    it all depends what your life style is,
    where you use it and how you use it
    what flavor quality satisfies you,
    how you treat your gear,
    how handy your are if need of repair arises

my suggestion is
    ask questions and
    youtube has many answers for you
    do your home work
    read read read
    try couple of set ups and
    before you know it
    you find your best set up there is
    trust me, been there not so long ago

hope it helps

cheers
    Last edited by ultravape; 25-09-13 at 01:01 PM.
    Singo, Gresh11, Samtron and 2 others like this.

I am not against the rich. I am against using wealth to gain unfair advantage.
    I am not against corporations. I am against corporations governing us.
    I am not against capitalism. I am against corruption in capitalism.
    I am not against banks. I am against legalised fraud in banking practices.
    I am not against democracy. I am against the sale of influence by our elected representatives.

T7x
    AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Singo View Post
    That's not true at all. I use cartos and tanks to take to work and run it at 10w all day everyday. Most cartos will last me 2-3 weeks hitting it like this. Not the best flavour, but convenient and the largest capacity. Almost a fill and forget setup.

At home I use gennies. They far exceed any carto or clearo for that matter in flavour and vapour productions as well as versatility.
    It's completely correct, your flavour is bad at 10w because it's burning Poly. 8 watt flavour is alot better.

And for on the go a mini protank can give flavour just like a genny, still inferior to kayfun imo
    Do you know de way 👺

AVF Regular
    Yep if I was going rebuildable I'd do it on the evod/protank to begin with. Lower outlay than a rebuildable. However there is a lot less room so bottom coil rebuildables may be easier until you're good at it.

Quote Originally Posted by T7x View Post
    It's completely correct, your flavour is bad at 10w because it's burning Poly. 8 watt flavour is alot better.

And for on the go a mini protank can give flavour just like a genny, still inferior to kayfun imo
    Hmm, I never said my flavour is bad (just not the best compared to a genesis rig) and I think I am in the best position to know whether or not I am burning the carto thank you very much. Your opinion on flavour carries about as much weight as mine which is next to nothing, because everybody's taste is different.

For me 10w on a 2.8ohm carto is a nice spot for the two juices I tend to use in a carto and there is certainly no burning unless the carto is a dud. Believe me, I know how bad a burnt carto is. Similar to a dry hit on a gennie.

I'm not trying to influence the OP in any way, I was just calling bullshit on "cartos burn over 8w".
    originalglenn and Gresh11 like this.

AVF Regular
    I still prefer cartos over clearos.
    gregds likes this.

$3642 Spent on Vaping

If you can answer these questions we/I can tell you exactly what your next upgrade should be to provide a superior vape to what you are currently enjoying.

On a scale of 1 - 5 how important are the following?

1. Portability
    2. Tank capacity
    3. more flavor
    4. more vapor
    5. ease of setup and use

Anything from a protank to a genesis style RBA might be the right choice, but it depends on what you want
    ultravape and Samtron like this.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast