Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree104Likes

Thread: my switch is more like a dimmer

my switch is more like a dimmer

while I was waiting for my first lot of nic juice, I bought a pack of white ox in the hope it would turn me off smoking for good in the interim, now I have some nic juice and the white ox is still in the house.....I'm still smoking them. nothing like I did before(1/10 as much) but they are still there and I feel like I cant reap the benefits of vaping while they are (fresher breath, no smell of smoke on my clothes etc). I figure I may not be vaping right so I checked out one of the threads (very helpful). Any way something in my brain is still telling me that smoking is meatier? (not that I want meat flavoured vape). Its taking some getting used to, not as easy a transition as I thought. I'm not turning back though. My love affair with smokes is coming to an end but do I let it down lightly over a period of time or just sever all ties and tell white ox i'm seeing someone else and its over? I don't want to buy another packet, I'd smack myself over the head if I did that.

maybe I just need to harden the f$%k up, bin it and get on with it.

sorry I think i'm answering my own question but just wondered if there might be any pearls of wisdom out there
    essiemessy, purplgirl and spud like this.

AVF Regular
    I can't say what's best for you. But I had a pack of tobacco in the house (still do actually, same pack!) and smoked one whenever I had the urge. At the start that was usually with my morning coffee and my afternoon glass of wine. They just faded out altogether after a couple of weeks, took almost zero will power.

Some people like to do the complete break thing....but I'm not into self deprivation, it always makes the rebellious part of me get uppity...and things soon go down hill from there. So easy does it worked for me. : )
    Quom, davee, keyboardmama and 5 others like this.

Hi Emissary!

It's really up to you if you dual use while getting used to vaping. I think I smoked cigarettes and vaped for about 2 days and when my pack ran out, I didn't buy another. So whatever works for you! No right or wrong here.

When you say 'meatier' do you mean the vapour isn't full enough? Not satisfying? If so that could be the PG/VG ratio of your juice and your set up. What have you got? We might be able to recommend something to make the experience more satisfying for you!

Retired Account
    JenJ, are you completely tobacco free now? If so, for how long?

AVF Regular
    Don't stress and don't force it. The transition is different for everyone. You're on the path and you'll get there in the end. Even if it takes a while, or you slip occasionally it's perfectly fine.

CCC
    That "something in your brain" will tell you lots of things, really mean things, because it knows what you are up to. But don't worry too much because you have something else it will like too, give it some time, you'll get there

Quote Originally Posted by emissary View Post
    while I was waiting for my first lot of nic juice, I bought a pack of white ox in the hope it would turn me off smoking for good in the interim, now I have some nic juice and the white ox is still in the house.....I'm still smoking them. nothing like I did before(1/10 as much) but they are still there and I feel like I cant reap the benefits of vaping while they are (fresher breath, no smell of smoke on my clothes etc). I figure I may not be vaping right so I checked out one of the threads (very helpful). Any way something in my brain is still telling me that smoking is meatier? (not that I want meat flavoured vape). Its taking some getting used to, not as easy a transition as I thought. I'm not turning back though. My love affair with smokes is coming to an end but do I let it down lightly over a period of time or just sever all ties and tell white ox i'm seeing someone else and its over? I don't want to buy another packet, I'd smack myself over the head if I did that.

maybe I just need to harden the f$%k up, bin it and get on with it.

sorry I think i'm answering my own question but just wondered if there might be any pearls of wisdom out there
    What strength nic juice do you have, it may just be a simple case of upping your nic strength for a little while, you can always lower it later once the cravings are less. I started at 12 mg, then went up to 18 after getting cravings, and have lowered it again now, to about 12-15mg.

I also found that I couldn't vape tobacco flavours at all, because they triggered the desire to smoke, so I avoided them, and still do.

Its important not to beat yourself up about it, no one is keeping tabs, and as long as your plan is to give up the stinkies altogether, it doesn't really matter how long it takes, (well only to you), there are no hard and fast rules.
    All opinions expressed by me, are my own, I do not represent, or speak for, anyone but myself.

STOPPED SMOKING 11/08/13 STARTED VAPING 11/08/13

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsgruffy View Post
    JenJ, are you completely tobacco free now? If so, for how long?
    I had 3 cigarettes a week and a half ago, and before that I can't remember but it was half of one or two cuz I couldn't finish them. I would say in the last four months I've had about 10 cigarettes? Something like that.

You seem unduly interested in my smoking? Maybe it upsets you that I say I don't smoke, but I say that because I feel completely free of cigarettes like I said on the other thread. I have one when the urge strikes, mostly for nostalgia's sake....as I've said many times, I never set out to 'quit' cigarettes I just lost interest in them once I started vaping.
    bethydy, spud and jman like this.

AVF Regular
    Grumpy Old man, Living inPerth Northern suburbs
    White Ox??? Bump your nic up, maybe 24mg for a while.
    CCC, essiemessy, davee and 3 others like this.
    Because I trust no-one Who tells me FACTS with no proof

I recently got a mate onto Vaping. He didn't like it at first as the vapor wasn't as thick as smoking. After he had a play with it for a while he worked out wine wasn't taking a draw correctly.

Try taking softer, slower and longer draws. Makes a much "meatier" vapor. Way different the the hard, fast puffs on an analog.
    CCC, mrsgruffy, JenJ and 3 others like this.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast