Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Vaping and heartburn

Owl

Vaping and heartburn

My Zeus juice arrived - I am really enjoying having some nice flavours to try. Been having some trouble with heartburn for a few days, I am not fully sure what caused it. I have had heartburn before from taking glucosamine tablets, once I stopped taking them it cleared up. I vaped some of my sisters juice which is 60pg/40vg - was wondering if maybe it's the vg? -- the ones I was using are 70/30...

Everything I have been reading the last few days suggests reflux is more common with pg. I really do not want to go back to analogs so hopefully this heartburn thing will resolve itself. Today I have been a little better thankfully. I did notice that the cartos seem to leak a bit of liquid into my mouth every now and then, and was wondering if maybe that could cause reflux? Today I just stuck to the clearos, and so far no leaking.

Has anyone else had any problems with reflux/heartburn after quitting analogs and starting vaping? Any solutions or advice?

And is it normal when you first get new juice to go a bit vape mad? Even with heartburn I can't seem to stop sucking my e-cig to death.

Thanks in advance for any insight anyone can share.

Retired Account
    Funnily enough, I developed reflux for the first time in my life 3 weeks ago. My GP explained to me that reflux is extremely common, and that 50% of the population have a hiatus hernia. I've been vaping for 10 months, and I haven't changed anything recently, so I'm putting it down to coincidence. I highly recommend you go see your GP. I was prescribed a drug called Somac, which eased my reflux in about half an hour and took care of it completely after a day or so. The drug reduces the acid. For a couple of days before I went to the GP, the pain was really terrible. I was also very nauseous. Good luck with it.. heartburn sucks!
    DanGibson and Owl like this.

AVF Regular
    I rekon its to high in PG. VG is good for me PG isnt. gives me chest pains.
    spud likes this.

Owl
    I have some 50/50 juice coming from The Plume Room - so I guess I will see if its the vg once I vape those. Will give it a few days and see if the heartburn settles, have had it before and it went away. Might pay to visit the doc. I took prescription anti-inflamatories and pain medication for over 10 years. I really hate to take medication and I just got to a point where enough is enough. I take panadol and ibuprofen when I really need it and try not too take too much. It could very well be that taking all those medications for so long have wrecked my digestive system. I feel a bit like a rag doll that's been dragged around in a dogs mouth and I am now comming apart at the seams.

Hopefully its all just a side effect of giving up smoking, and the heartburn is an irritation/sensitivity to something in the vape mix that can be rectified with a bit of investigation.
    mrsgruffy likes this.

AVF Regular
    it could be that your nic is too high. when I was smoking, if I would smoke too much, i'd start feeling yucky and acidy in my tummy. maybe try a slightly lower nic level and see how that goes.
    DanGibson and Mangopuppy like this.

concur on the high nic. I had the same when I was running very high nic loads. It went away once I went down to levels more suited to my body.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by arth_d View Post

I agree , tight chest pains and breathlessness....
    mattydredd likes this.

I posted on this a couple of months ago. It's quite common as your body adjusts to not smoking for the valve in your windpipe/stomach whatever its called to malfunction temporarily while it readjusts. I copped some really painful heartburn over a couple of weeks but it soon settled down again. Had never suffered from it before that.
    Owl likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by arth_d View Post
    Found the same thing, PG made me cough and gave me a headache. I only vape about 30% PG at the most now, and have no problems.
    All opinions expressed by me, are my own, I do not represent, or speak for, anyone but myself.

STOPPED SMOKING 11/08/13 STARTED VAPING 11/08/13

I had it heaps when I first started but it has settled now. It comes back every so often when I'm Vaping 100%VG juices..don't know why but VG all day everyday doesn't sit well with me. I know people who are opposite and can't vape high PG juices..go figure!
    mrs308hjute and Owl like this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast