• 1 Post By fabricator4
  • 1 Post By
  • 2 Post By fabricator4
  • 3 Post By
  • 1 Post By Sign me up

Thread: Help with doubler please

AVF Regular

Help with doubler please

I'm going to sound really blonde here with question but here goes, with the vape king doublers do they already have the pg and vg added, I've got the 5ml doubler so I just have to add 5 ml nicotine? I've used the vk calculator but I thought I'd better ask just in case.

AVF Regular
    hey don't feel blonde feel new at something that is challenging to begin with. we were all new once.

*most* doublers come in 100% pg if they weren't specified otherwise...sometimes you get the choice to have it mixed however you want.

With the VK ones as in Fuss Free Mixers - Vapeking here

it automatically chose 100% pg as the initial mix, so unless you chose another option you've got 100% pg.

you need to calculate how much nicotine to add according to how strong your initial nicotine mix is.

i.e. i have 48mg nicotine in 100% vg so to mix a doubler i'd go to Filbert's Vaping Toolkit

and click on doubler...allow my preferred ratio to be 70pg/30vg...i'd make my base nicotine strength 48mg, base nicotine 100% vg,

then target nicotine strength 18, target pg 70, vg 30, amount to be made 10ml

come back and ask questions someone will sort ya

Edit: gosh darn it...i always forget SOMETHING...what fabricator said....
    Last edited by Samtron; 27-09-13 at 09:48 PM.
    RichoVonBlack and Kama_KaZzie like this.

I don't need squat for ages, i just went shopping.
    $1800.61 Spent on Vaping so far, stocked up for 2 years @ 8ml/per day.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by €offee View Post
    I'm going to sound really blonde here with question but here goes, with the vape king doublers do they already have the pg and vg added, I've got the 5ml doubler so I just have to add 5 ml nicotine? I've used the vk calculator but I thought I'd better ask just in case.
    You need to add the nicotine plus PG and VG to double the volume. What ratio of VG you add may depend on the ratio of the double you got. I like to order the doublers in the exact ratio I like to vape at, and add the same amount of nic/PG/VG mix except it's a double the nic strength to give you normal nicotine strength.
    RichoVonBlack likes this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Regular
    Well I've been on filberts, so if I have a 5ml, 60%pg40%vg doubler and 48mg,100%pg nicotine do I add 5ml of nic,to make the final mix 24mg, 80%20% vg, 10ml final product,does that sound right
    gtadmin likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by €offee View Post
    Well I've been on filberts, so if I have a 5ml, 60%pg40%vg doubler and 48mg,100%pg nicotine do I add 5ml of nic,to make the final mix 24mg, 80%20% vg, 10ml final product,does that sound right
    That would be correct, you would be halving the nicotine content, and also halving the VG content. 24mg/ml nicotine and 80/20 PG/VG
    margyb and gtadmin like this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Regular
    Thank god,this mixing can be quite complicated. Thanks for the help facricator4 and samtron,greatly appreciated
    margyb, fabricator4 and Samtron like this.

AVF Regular
    but it gets really simple eventually once you know what you like
    Samtron likes this.

$3642 Spent on Vaping