Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: New user here and after some advice.

AVF Regular

New user here and after some advice.

Hi guys,

I hope I have posted this in the right spot, sorry if I haven't.

Anyhow, today is my first day of vaping, after giving the cigs away 2 weeks ago, I needed something to fill the void.

I bought the ego t (T-rex model), I love it, but the only drawback is the amount of times I have to refill it. It has the sponge like stuff in it and you drip 8-10 drops, but it doesn't seem to last all that long. I'm after something like the tank (I think its called) where you can actually see what is left. Can I buy something that will suit my e-cig? Thanks in advance.
    SweeetIlluzions likes this.

AVF Regular
    Ce4 clearo is an okay cheap tank or get a protank mini. I think they will fit from the quick google i did.
    Samtron likes this.

AVF Regular
    Thanks Hellfish,

There is so much out there, can get a bit confusing. Do I need to get new atomisers or whatever they're called? The ecig I have is in 4 pieces, battery, atomiser, the cart thing I fill up and a cone/shroud.

I was going through some of these threads and clicked a link to fasttech, they have cheap sets, are they a legit site?

AVF Regular
    hi welcome aboard

An Evod should do the job well for you, it takes a bit of time to find a clearomiser that suits you best but the Evods seem to perform very well and are inexpensive. My Evod of choice has replaceable coils that are 1.8 Ohms and they perform really well on eGo batteries.

Of course there are many different types of clearomisers available so you might like to try a couple of different styles so just be sure they have 510/eGo threading.

I hope that helps but feel free to ask as many questions as you need

If all you need is a clearomiser I would suggest you buy from one of our local vendors and get express post ... u should have it in a day or 2 depending on where you live.... If you buy from overseas it could take between 1-5 weeks
    Last edited by GirlyPantz; 03-10-13 at 11:39 PM.
    smithpack0 likes this.

AVF Regular
    Pretty new myself and found the protank / protank minis great for my needs. I dry burn my coils (see YouTube) every few days so they stay clean and go for ages.

Yeah fasttech is legit and cheap (some of their stuff a knockoffs) but they take ages to get here. About 2 weeks minimum. I buy local now most of the time.
    Last edited by Sammy J; 03-10-13 at 11:40 PM.

AVF Regular
    You could go look at VapeKing or Vaping Cobra for quality gear that will get to you quickly. Just look through their clearomiser sections, anything with a 510 or ego connection should fit your battery. Once you have a look at their range you should do a bit of a Google, watch a couple reviews, etc. Should answer most of your questions, and any it doesn't you can bring back to us.

Last edited by Nakor; 03-10-13 at 11:40 PM. Reason: autocorrect
    SweeetIlluzions likes this.

Hi and Welcome Starry

If you search this section under "New Members - Introduce yourself here" thread and go to page 221 there is a post By Noe that is very good for getting gear when you are first starting out.

Sorry for the long winded how to find it just not sure how to link it

I never used those things that came with my first ego kit, I ordered a pro tank straight up on a recomendation. Since then I have built up quite a few tanks, which is handy at work when I get bored of a flavour, but I digress...

I always come back to the pro tank, and am using it as I type, best draw, best vape. Second after this is my T3S then the evod. the later two are really not that different at all. Most BCC do exactly the same thing and will fit your ego so go with what looks best to you...
    There's 10 types of people in this world that understand binary: those who do and those who don't.

AVF Regular
    Hi, Im just progressing past the starter kit stage too, the second thing I got was some cheap cartomisers, they have the glass tank, hold about 3-4ml and once you get them primed and broken in they're great! They cost about $4.50 each from a vendor at the local markets. Boge F16 was the model. Just sit happily on top of my ego batteries. There's lots of good Aussie vendors that have all kinds of clearomisers and cartomisers, all different price ranges. It's probably worth picking up a few spare coils for whichever one you choose, they don't last forever and it's good to have a spare or two on hand.

Congrats on ditching the smokes!
    maggie likes this.

AVF Regular
    Thanks everyone for your suggestions. I'll have a closer look tomorrow when I'm not so tired. This may sound dumb, but do I literally screw the tank onto the battery? I don't use the atomizer or cone thing?

Thanks heaps.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast